Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400
43436 694 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-7-17 06:46
I believe the problem occurs in some MAs just because not all processors or memories (components in general) are the same.   (Who knows Silicon Lottery knows what I'm writing)

The additional processing load due to encryption, coupled with ambient temperature conditions, may be interfering with some hardware that is below the degree of excellence but still within specification.

because not all processors or memories (components in general) are the same.   
(Who knows Silicon Lottery knows what I'm writing)

Yep!  Seen batch of memory chips start forgetting their bits after having been tested per company specs.  
These memory chips weren't even Silicon Lottery.  
2018-7-17
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-17 09:58
Folks, I added a Mavic Pro thread link to the original post of this thread, and am posting it here too:

New (Replacement) Mavic Pro Rotates/Slides with No Controller Input

Another one with problems in THE MIDDLE OF SO FEW, right?

2018-7-17
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

TZero Posted at 2018-7-17 12:51
Another one with problems in THE MIDDLE OF SO FEW, right?

Just FYI, I have an Osmo+ and its gimbal also rotates. I started a thread about it last November (2017). DJI said they would look into it. It's July 2018, nine months later, and DJI has done NOTHING. There are now numerous other threads detailing the Osmo gimbal rotation issue.

DJI needs to have its feet held to the fire.
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-17 15:41
Just FYI, I have an Osmo+ and its gimbal also rotates. I started a thread about it last November (2017). DJI said they would look into it. It's July 2018, nine months later, and DJI has done NOTHING. There are now numerous other threads detailing the Osmo gimbal rotation issue.

DJI needs to have its feet held to the fire.

And here I was contemplating an Osmo+! Glad I didn't get one!

I have the Osmo Mobile 2, and while good, the DJI GO app is a joke! It doesn't even have proper NTSC film frame rates such as 29.97, 23.97, instead going with 30 even!
2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-13 08:24
Hello Susan,

I'm glad that someone from DJI has FINALLY acknowledged this thread after all the weeks it has been up. However I would like some further clarifications on your posting:

I understand your frustration, but I don't think complaining will figure out your concern.
For the first issue, if you experience the same instability or loss of control, please kindly export the corresponding the data, the analysis result will be helpful to guide us in the correct direction.
The second, App version is not only one factor of image transmission issues. Excluding the App possibility, do you still experience the live video issue which might be caused by the firmware? We would like to do the troubleshooting and fix one by one. Again, we sincerely appreciate your attention.
2018-7-18
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-18 04:34
I understand your frustration, but I don't think complaining will figure out your concern.
For the first issue, if you experience the same instability or loss of control, please kindly export the corresponding the data, the analysis result will be helpful to guide us in the correct direction.
The second, App version is not only one factor of image transmission issues. Excluding the App possibility, do you still experience the live video issue which might be caused by the firmware? We would like to do the troubleshooting and fix one by one. Again, we sincerely appreciate your attention.

Dear Susan. I'm sorry for answering before EdsonW1979

I tested all versions of sw released after upgrading to fw 0400 for the MA (from 4.12 to the current), depending on the link. (0400/4.2.12 until 22)

All, without exception, show the same problems of video transmission, not to mention NEW problems.

I'm frustrated and impressed how DJI can get checkmate on yourselves. They created a FW that now has no way to solve (73 days have passed)
2018-7-18
Use props
mongo978
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-7-12 23:10
Indeed - no patch either. It is amazing how FW can be released without semantic versioning - just the option to upgrade and it becoming a case of 'fingers crossed' that your drone takes the FW without issues. Sadly, many have issues and without semantic versioning they can not downgrade the FW at all leaving them to refresh and refresh and ultimately to either return the drone or wait for the next FW upgrade - which is taking months... Then we have the GO4 app which has presented many bugs with the MA and is being patched on an almost weekly basis. It's not a good experience from a customer and users perspective.

Quite

Please DJI can we have a Vince & Karina film (those two plastic idiots) explaining how to fly without being able to see what you're filming.
2018-7-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

The second, App version is not only one factor of image transmission issues. Excluding the App possibility, do you still experience the live video issue which might be caused by the firmware? We would like to do the troubleshooting and fix one by one. Again, we sincerely appreciate your attention.

DJI Susan,

Please refer to my post, #493, of this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=151367&pid=1460048&fromuid=1713456

You, and DJI, CONTINUE to glaze over valid concerns, and in this case, did NOT answer any of the queries I posed to you on behalf of the many pilots here whom have experienced the various issues with their drones, and continue to use mostly canned responses.

This thread, by it's nature, was meant to provide pilots experiencing issues, a central location by which to refer to other threads with more specific issues being reported, discussed, and analyzed. If you take the time to view those other threads, you will see MULTITUDES of logs, videos, and records, posted on all of them.

So coming here and just blindly asking customers to again jump thru hoops and provide that which they already have, whilst not answering legitimate questions here, such as WHAT DJI is doing to address this and WHEN we can finally expect something, is UNACCEPTABLE.

I await your REAL response to post #493. If you cannot provide these answers, please spare us from any further scripted responses, they are no longer wanted or welcome.
2018-7-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

The second, App version is not only one factor of image transmission issues. Excluding the App possibility, do you still experience the live video issue which might be caused by the firmware? We would like to do the troubleshooting and fix one by one. Again, we sincerely appreciate your attention.

Also to note, the live video issue disappears for me and many pilots here when we use Litchi, so this clearly shows DJI's GO 4 app is the source of this problem. DJI has been told this MANY times in MULTIPLE other threads, but is obviously not disseminating this information to their support staff, as various DJI "admins" continue to ask questions which have been answered and seem oblivious to the situations.
2018-7-18
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55738 ft
Argentina

Since the first drone was anunced i knew that this "toy" must be in my life. Maybe for missinformation or too much advertising I bought my DJI drone MA a few mounth ago, just in the middle of this mess. I experienced some issues, like drone mooving by itself to the right, or motors overheated, also disconnection when fly over 30m. away. I need and want to learn how to pilot my drone. I try to become an aereal filmaker and photographer, but i'm afraid to use it. I'm afraid to hurt somebody and obviously, to loose a lot of money (and time) breaking my drone for badfunction. Furthermore, i prefere to wait for solution instead to take the risk. Here in Argentina is really difficult to get these expensive toys (i paid $1000 dollars, and here for every $1 dollar i need to pay $28 local currency). I'm really dessapointed and frustrated. Also, my warranty time keeps going and i still not using my drone. I think to buy this drone, maybe was a bad choice.
2018-7-18
Use props
Deka29
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has any group considered a mass legal challenge? if we can prove DJI have rendered our purchases useless and have failed to correct in in 3 months  perhaps they may have to fix or refund? thoughts?
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-7-18 05:54
Dear Susan. I'm sorry for answering before EdsonW1979

I tested all versions of sw released after upgrading to fw 0400 for the MA (from 4.12 to the current), depending on the link. (0400/4.2.12 until 22)

IZero, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the mobile OS?
2018-7-20
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 02:44
IZero, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the mobile OS?

Now i´m using IPHONE 8 PLUS + iOS 11.4.1 (but I testes w/ iphone 6, 7plus ; iPAD PRO, iPAD Air2 and Android)
Same results.
2018-7-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan,

You have STILL not provided proper answers, clarifications, or information to my statements / questions in post #493 of this thread.

Does DJI not know how to actually RESPOND to questions, and just keep pushing out the same obnoxious PR statements over and over?

I am still waiting for a concise, detailed answer to post #493, as are I believe many other disgruntled MA owners here...
2018-7-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Eighty days and counting for Mavic Air and .0400 FW release - still no Fixy for diverse problems listed.

Not looking good for those with Mavic Pros having Flaky problems with recent MP .0400 FW release
2018-7-22
Use props
Viprex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168688 ft
Sweden

Anyone knows when we can expect a new firmware for the Mavic Air?
It's been a long time, it was released in may and turns out to have many major issues, now it's july and still nothing.
2018-7-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Viprex Posted at 2018-7-22 23:04
It's been a long time, it was released in may and turns out to have many major issues, now it's july and still nothing.

For ''new firmware'' (aka .0500) to fix diverse number of .0400 firmware problems, would require DJI accepting / acknowledging there are problems.

2018-7-22
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-22 23:18

For ''new firmware'' (aka .0500) to fix diverse number of .0400 firmware problems, would require DJI accepting / acknowledging there are problems.

And actually informing their admins there are issues, instead of coming in here and pretending they've never heard of problems until now...
2018-7-23
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 02:35
Once you create a ticket you will get a case number from that everything is automatic, you do not need to speak to anyone, you just need to pack up your drone and wait for collection it will then be returned in under two weeks repaired under warranty. The problem is your drone is not working as it should this should not be the case so if it was a phone car laptop or anything similar then you would ship it back, why is it any different with a drone?

"...why is it any different with a drone?"

Because as you've been repeatedly told by multiple people, these drones worked fine BEFORE THE UPDATE!  People are absolutely convinced that the update caused their issue(s), especially when they see it as being widespread (and despite your point of view, they do, and it is).  Not everyone can just ship their aircraft off to Texas and get a new one back in 10 days.  I was one of the fortunate ones who could, so I did.  I got lucky.  No one should have to put down $800+ and put up with all that.

Seriously.  You really just need to leave this thread alone.  You're kinda clueless.
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-24 08:50
"...why is it any different with a drone?"

Because as you've been repeatedly told by multiple people, these drones worked fine BEFORE THE UPDATE!  People are absolutely convinced that the update caused their issue(s), especially when they see it as being widespread (and despite your point of view, they do, and it is).  Not everyone can just ship their aircraft off to Texas and get a new one back in 10 days.  I was one of the fortunate ones who could, so I did.  I got lucky.  No one should have to put down $800+ and put up with all that.

Really calling me clueless when you actually state that all users have to return their aircraft to TEXAS, I will inform you there is a big world out there outside America, the fact that you tend to dismiss this shows you small minded ignorance, and yes , you can ship your drone from anywhere in Europe to centres in UK, Netherlands, Germany, and have your aircraft returned within 10 days, while you may think that the world revolves around the US, it might be a good time to let you know that the rest of the world has moved on and won’t wait for the US to catch up.
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 13:18
Really calling me clueless when you actually state that all users have to return their aircraft to TEXAS, I will inform you there is a big world out there outside America, the fact that you tend to dismiss this shows you small minded ignorance, and yes , you can ship your drone from anywhere in Europe to centres in UK, Netherlands, Germany, and have your aircraft returned within 10 days, while you may think that the world revolves around the US, it might be a good time to let you know that the rest of the world has moved on and won’t wait for the US to catch up.

What ever happened to you bowing out of this thread???

You've lied about that TWICE now!!!

GET OUT and stop troll trashing this thread!!!
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 13:46
What ever happened to you bowing out of this thread???

You've lied about that TWICE now!!!

What are you a policeman, can nobody answer for themselves. This is not your forum , go fly a kite.......
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 13:49
What are you a policeman, can nobody answer for themselves. This is not your forum , go fly a kite.......

So again you've proven your "word", along with your "knowledge", aren't worth a damn, thank you for confirming that troll!
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 13:52
So again you've proven your "word", along with your "knowledge", aren't worth a damn, thank you for confirming that troll!

Like your word you were going to change how things happen around here, it didn’t work out for you, so don’t be so bitter, because that’s the way you come across .

You spend all your time personally attacking people moderators etc. get a life, go fly . Give up the whinging FW will arrive when it’s ready and that’s good...
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:01
Like your word you were going to change how things happen around here, it didn’t work out for you, so don’t be so bitter, because that’s the way you come across .

You spend all your time personally attacking people moderators etc. get a life, go fly . Give up the whinging FW will arrive when it’s ready and that’s good...

You are a master at lying... All my time attacking people? Hyperbole to the extreme!

More and more people are telling you to F OFF. This is MY thread, and you've gone and trashed it MORE than enough... You've been told; you're not wanted here, heed those statements and LEAVE, as you SAID you would.
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:19
You are a master at lying... All my time attacking people? Hyperbole to the extreme!

More and more people are telling you to F OFF. This is MY thread, and you've gone and trashed it MORE than enough... You've been told; you're not wanted here, heed those statements and LEAVE, as you SAID you would.

Actually if you take the time to read, instead of your usual idiot behavior, it was someone who directly referred his post to me.
You spend all your time trying to control what people say on this forum, constantly getting personal with them.
This has nothing to do with you so butt out , or is this to difficult for you, now go mind your own business stay out of mine.
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:26
Actually if you take the time to read, instead of your usual idiot behavior, it was someone who directly referred his post to me.
You spend all your time trying to control what people say on this forum, constantly getting personal with them.
This has nothing to do with you so butt out , or is this to difficult for you, now go mind your own business stay out of mine.

Hey, Mr. High and Mighty, guess you have a REALLY short memory:

You've said this twice, yet you keep coming back like a stray cat... Like I said, a liar.

This is my thread, and YOU have troll trashed it on MULTIPLE pages with your idiocies, and MANY people have called you out, NOT just me. Personal? You don't know how much self restraint I'm exacting right now...

Now I'll say this ONE MORE TIME... GET OUT, like you said you would!
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:33
Hey, Mr. High and Mighty, guess you have a REALLY short memory:

[view_image]

Look I’ll sum it up very quickly, there is one guy around here, completely daft, FrequentedC , he has one friend, and it’s you, that speaks so much more than I could ever say. So long....... ;+).....
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:36
Look I’ll sum it up very quickly, there is one guy around here, completely daft, FrequentedC , he has one friend, and it’s you, that speaks so much more than I could ever say. So long....... ;+).....

Yeah, sorry, lying again, since that guy is NOT my friend, nice try though...

You're such a troll
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:38
Yeah, sorry, lying again, since that guy is NOT my friend, nice try though...

You're such a troll

Wow who’s been lying through his teeth......"I think they call it a slam dunk.......
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:51
Wow who’s been lying through his teeth......"[view_image]

Wow, you even suck at cherry picking facts... How about you go look at my posts, I actually stated in one "you lost me" when he really went off his meds.

And siding with someone on some items doesn't make me "friends" with them you tool...

I think you need to not only go back to flight school Mr. 25° is 1/4 turn, but also high school...
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:54
Wow, you even suck at cherry picking facts... How about you go look at my posts, I actually stated in one "you lost me" when he really went off his meds.

And siding with someone on some items doesn't make me "friends" with them you tool...

Ye broke up because he doesn’t like apple products. Keep digging. I think it’s fair to say people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
Now that’s enough. Anymore don’t be answering for other people, they are well capable of answering for themselves, and remember this is an open forum. Nobody owns threads, even if you think you do. And this thread has been dead since you decided to insult those who tried to help. Never bite the hand that feeds...
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 15:00
Ye broke up because he doesn’t like apple products. Keep digging. I think it’s fair to say people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
Now that’s enough. Anymore don’t be answering for other people, they are well capable of answering for themselves, and remember this is an open forum. Nobody owns threads, even if you think you do. And this thread has been dead since you decided to insult those who tried to help. Never bite the hand that feeds...

Buddy, give it up, you're so ignorant and full of it that you wouldn't know bovine excrement if it came up to you and shook your hand...

I broke up you say? Hmmm, don't you have to be "involved" first before you breakup with someone?

This thread is NOT dead, I am the OP of this thread, and you have been troll trashing it since something like the 3rd or 4th page, and have been told off by MANY people here, including DJI! I responded because you said TWICE "I'm done with this thread" yet you cannot help yourself and continue troll trashing it, whether to me, or anyone else here who dares to try and tell you off! You're worse than a kid, you're a crying infant!

Fine, want to get banned for not heeding DJI's warning, go right ahead, I'll have a bag of popcorn ready.

Oh, and you're telling the OP of a thread how he should be discussing or handling trolls?? Wow, what hubris...
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

DJI,

Where in blazes is our updated firmware??? Almost THREE MONTHS now that you've made pilots curse the Mavic Air because of a defective FW update, and you still don't even make any statements?

More and more incidents due to issues linked by this thread are getting reported, and still NOTHING from your company about this, it's a DISGRACE!
2018-7-27
Use props
Nick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248258 ft
United States

Considering how bad 400 is, WHY is there not an official implemented DJI method of downgrading firmware? You should always be able to roll back.
2018-7-28
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:54
Wow, you even suck at cherry picking facts... How about you go look at my posts, I actually stated in one "you lost me" when he really went off his meds.

And siding with someone on some items doesn't make me "friends" with them you tool...

Awe. We can still be friends even if I think Mac products are all overpriced and the new mac Book Pros are full of bugs, can't we?  ... like they say; The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And we both know hallmark is a cat food eating troll who constantly storms out of threads only to come back and post again five minutes later.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules