43339 694 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-6 11:48
Don't you think it's about time to inform the community that you have significantly modified your RC and thus voided your warranty? No wonder that you don't send your aircraft back for all your perceived problems which (if true) certainly would be valid warranty cases. You also do not seem to ask yourself whether your own hardware modifications might play a role in all this but you prefer to continue restlessly with your crusade. I sincerely hope that by now other forum members with some brain will understand the "truth" of your stories here.

I'm hoping this post was simply due to English not being your first language and there is a language barrier, but in case it's not, and you're just trolling and making crap up as usual, allow me to clarify something for you...

ADDING signal enhancers, such as these:

Threeking Foldable Parabolic Signal Booster Range Extender Antenna Extender Compatible for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom/Spark/Mavic Air Remote Controller

DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! These slip onto the existing antenna, and thus they are not considered a "modification" to my remote controller, or drone as a whole.

If I were to install something like this onto my RC:

4Hawks RaptorSR

Now THIS is definitely a "modification" that would totally void my warranty, which I have not done, and never will.

And to add to that, during the "bucking" glitches I saw during the last Motor Current Error, I was NOT flying with these installed.

You can go shove your arrogant and baseless comments where the sun don't shine, and go back to galavanting around the forum with your pen pal hallmark007.

Oh, and BTW, calling my posts a "relentless crusade" is a slap in the face to EVERY OTHER POSTER here in this thread, and this forum, who is experiencing issues with their MA, and the complete lack of attention to all those issues from DJI.

Now please leave this thread, you and your "buddy" are not welcome.
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

maihem.rc Posted at 2018-9-6 11:40
This past Monday I got two weird/unexpected 1/8 yaw turns that got me to look at the forum this afternoon.  It happened early on using my first battery of the morning, used all 4 batteries that day and did not notice any other weirdness.  Will go home tonight and look for a firmware update.

Yeah I get those yaw glitches ALL the time, sometimes right after takeoff, sometimes during a flight. This is a known 0400 issue, and is WELL documented in one of the threads I linked in the first post of this thread. Logs have been shown proving the existence of this glitch.
2018-9-6
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Burmman Posted at 2018-8-29 07:10
As with everyone else who updated to the firmware v01.00.0400 I am having problems. The same IMU warning. I have stopped flying my Mavic because of this. I have been flying from the same spot going the same path and now get the IMU warning. I am starting to hate my Mavic.

Is DJI doing like APPLE does and when a new product comes out make the old ones mess up so people want to purchase a new one?

Please don’t make bold statements “as with everyone else....” you cannot include me in this! I am operating my Mavic Air with .400 FW, Go iOS 4.3.1 using an iPad 2018 WiFi only, and I’m having absolutely no problems at all.

I’m not belittling your problems, but I get fed up when people suggest that “everybody” has the same issues - WE DON’T!
2018-9-6
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-8-30 10:03
This is getting seriously ridiculous...

https://tinyurl.com/y9hgqyqk

I so agree with you!
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-6 11:57
I'm hoping this post was simply due to English not being your first language and there is a language barrier, but in case it's not, and you're just trolling and making crap up as usual, allow me to clarify something for you...

ADDING signal enhancers, such as these:

Nice try to escape. You have explained to another forum member here that the Polar Pro Mount would not work with the antenna enhancer that you are using. These absolutely ridiculous plastic foldable so called "signal boosters" that do the opposite actually, would explain quite a number of your reported problems indeed. They are not only a total waste of money but significantly reduce the range and strengh of the antennas.
Just you have posted that the Polar Pro would not fit for you because of the enhancer that you are using. And these are exactly those that fix around the RC to the back and take the space.
Was a nice try to mislead people here again , but not successful, sorry.
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-6 11:48
Don't you think it's about time to inform the community that you have significantly modified your RC and thus voided your warranty? No wonder that you don't send your aircraft back for all your perceived problems which (if true) certainly would be valid warranty cases. You also do not seem to ask yourself whether your own hardware modifications might play a role in all this but you prefer to continue restlessly with your crusade. I sincerely hope that by now other forum members with some brain will understand the "truth" of your stories here.

community that you have significantly modified your RC
You also do not seem to ask yourself whether your own hardware modifications might play a role.

Antenna enhancers (or extenders) are generally something like following:

Which when it comes to modifying RC is equivalent to:

Thus, nothing of any significance.  Highly doubtful DJI would want to claim either void warranty.

Really do not see how Antenna enhancers or extenders would be deemed hardware modifications.  Speaking from perspective of having repaired and made modifications to hardware.
Nor do I see how Antenna enchancers or extenders would result in problems like False flag Esc Motor error (which appears to be a Firmware Bug).

However, I am willing to listen to how you believe Antenna enhancers or extenders (as pictured) are hardware modifications AND would result in False flag Esc Motor error problem.

2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:02
Please don’t make bold statements “as with everyone else....” you cannot include me in this! I am operating my Mavic Air with .400 FW, Go iOS 4.3.1 using an iPad 2018 WiFi only, and I’m having absolutely no problems at all.

I’m not belittling your problems, but I get fed up when people suggest that “everybody” has the same issues - WE DON’T!

What a true statement, thank you for that, honestly!
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-6 12:09
Nice try to escape. You have explained to another forum member here that the Polar Pro Mount would not work with the antenna enhancer that you are using. These absolutely ridiculous plastic foldable so called "signal boosters" that do the opposite actually, would explain quite a number of your reported problems indeed. They are not only a total waste of money but significantly reduce the range and strengh of the antennas.
Just you have posted that the Polar Pro would not fit for you because of the enhacer that you are using. And these are exactly those that fix around the RC to the back and take the space.

Watchtberger, really do take a step back and do some research.
Polar Pro Mount would be a problem to use with Antenna enhancers EdisonW1979 provided a link to.

I say that having already run into problems using a rear mount to hold iPhone-5s and slip over sun-shade.
If I remember correctly same problem with a rear mount for iPad-2.

Adding Picture of Mount:

2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Nice try to escape. You have explained to another forum member here that the Polar Pro Mount would not work with the antenna enhancer that you are using. These absolutely ridiculous plastic foldable so called "signal boosters" that do the opposite actually, would explain quite a number of your reported problems indeed. They are not only a total waste of money but significantly reduce the range and strengh of the antennas.
Just you have posted that the Polar Pro would not fit for you because of the enhancer that you are using. And these are exactly those that fix around the RC to the back and take the space.

Nice try of you trying to continue pointing a finger at me for something I have not done, and just explained myself with in my last post VERY clearly.

Now I KNOW you're just trolling, or do not understand basic add-ons, or both!

These signal boosters DO actually work, as I've gotten not only better range in crowded signal environments, but also improved signal quality, with less lag and live video feed freezing.

Like I said, you and your LIES are not welcome here, GET OUT!
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-6 12:09
community that you have significantly modified your RC
You also do not seem to ask yourself whether your own hardware modifications might play a role.

I wouldn't encourage a response out of this guy Hedge, he'll just spout more lies and baseless accusations and move the goal posts to try and make himself look right...

He's been taking queues on how to do this from hallmark007 it seems...
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:16
I wouldn't encourage a response out of this guy Hedge, he'll just spout more lies and baseless accusations and move the goal posts to try and make himself look right...

He's been taking queues on how to do this from hallmark007 it seems...

Sorry, me bad.   
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-6 12:14
Watchtberger, really do take a step back and do some research.
Polar Pro Mount would be a problem to use with Antenna enhancers EdisonW1979 provided a link to.

Better do your own research. Here is the link to the crap that this guy is trying to use as excuse: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Now you want to tell me that this little piece of not only useless but also dangerous plastic is preventing the use of the Polar Pro mount for CrystalSky? You really must be kidding...
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Nice try to escape. You have explained to another forum member here that the Polar Pro Mount would not work with the antenna enhancer that you are using. These absolutely ridiculous plastic foldable so called "signal boosters" that do the opposite actually, would explain quite a number of your reported problems indeed. They are not only a total waste of money but significantly reduce the range and strengh of the antennas.

To further show why I said that statement, let me give you an illustrated version...

This is the PolarPro tablet / phone mount:

Now notice how my signal boosters look:

THIS is why I said the PolarPro mount design cannot be used with signal boosters, cause they would occupy the same space around the antennas.

Nice try, don't play this game anymore, you're really bad at it.
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:19
To further show why I said that statement, let me give you an illustrated version...

This is the PolarPro tablet / phone mount:

That you have difficulties to read facts is not that new. The topic was about the Polar Pro mount for CrystalSky which is this one: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... stalsky-mavic-mount
But as many know already, you don't like to waste time reading and trying to understand. That's your choice, not mine for sure.
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-6 12:27
That you have difficulties to read facts is not that new. The topic was about the Polar Pro mount for CrystalSky which is this one: https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-crystalsky/products/crystalsky-mavic-mount
But as many know already, you don't like to waste time reading and trying to understand. That's your choice, not mine for sure.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG please leave, you're making yourself into such a fool right now, I need a bag of popcorn!

That thread was NOT SPECIFIC to the mounts for the CrystalSky!!! It was actually a general discussion started by someone else looking to get a mount for their tablet, and someone ELSE chimed in about mounts for CrystalSky as well!

For anyone interested in visiting the actual thread this guy is blathering about to see for yourself how much of a tool he is:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=164664
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-6 12:19
Better do your own research. Here is the link to the crap that this guy is trying to use as excuse: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Now you want to tell me that this little piece of not only useless but also dangerous plastic is preventing the use of the Polar Pro mount for CrystalSky? You really must be kidding...

I have.   See my previous posts.  Seems pretty obvious antenna enhancers and rear mount for SmartPhone are incompatible.

As to antenna enhancers being ''crap'', ''useless'', and ''also dangerous plastic''; I am going to dismiss those remarks as Blowing Smoke.
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:16

He's been taking queues on how to do this from hallmark007 it seems...

Correct you were.  Instead of Wachberger replying with logic, facts, or even a decent counter point - it was Blowing Smoke.
Again, sorry.  
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-6 12:34
Correct you were.  Instead of Wachberger replying with logic, facts, or even a decent counter point - it was Blowing Smoke.
Again, sorry.

It's all good, gave us the opportunity to demonstrate to the forum community that he, just like hallmark007, should NOT be trusted to provide "knowledgable" or "factual" advice, so in the end this exchange was a good thing!
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:35
It's all good, gave us the opportunity to demonstrate to the forum community that he, just like hallmark007, should NOT be trusted to provide "knowledgable" or "factual" advice, so in the end this exchange was a good thing!

It was indeed good to show the community your poor level just once again. Same applies for your pal by the way. Fortunately there are so many more reasonable forum members around here with some brain.
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-6 12:59
It was indeed good to show the community your poor level just once again. Same applies for your pal by the way. Fortunately there are so many more reasonable forum members around here with some brain.

"Fortunately there are so many more reasonable forum members around here with some brain"

And that most DEFINITELY does NOT include YOU or YOUR PAL... Because you obviously can't even understand basic conversations... Go back and re-read the thread where you claim it was about CrystalSky mounts, it WAS NOT... Get that thru your thick skull!
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

maihem.rc Posted at 2018-9-6 11:26
I agree that activetrack has always been buggy...I have never trusted it.  Actually, never used it outside of my front yard and just decided it really wasn't something I needed to use because it just didn't quite meet expectations.  Or, I'm not able take the risk of giving up flight control.

i imagine dji could fix it or at-least partially revamp it on older drones.  because 1 issue i have is like active track (on my MP) is sometimes just gives up even tho still has me highlighted or it breaks visual for half second then sees me again and got green lines or box around me but just not following..it has a lock why not continue?   could and should also smooth out some of its panicky-ness where freaks out sometimes for no reason..

update active-track on mavic air to 2.0 because 2.0 would be better than needing to follow groups of people around, i think.  i rather mavic air process 3 seconds in advanced and work on more solid lock to subject than it being able to follow around a group of people..im only going to use group active track like 1x maybe vs if has 2,0 i would use it all the time..
2018-9-6
Use props
Lifescanner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-6 15:46
i imagine dji could fix it or at-least partially revamp it on older drones.  because 1 issue i have is like active track (on my MP) is sometimes just gives up even tho still has me highlighted or it breaks visual for half second then sees me again and got green lines or box around me but just not following..it has a lock why not continue?   could and should also smooth out some of its panicky-ness where freaks out sometimes for no reason..

update active-track on mavic air to 2.0 because 2.0 would be better than needing to follow groups of people around, i think.  i rather mavic air process 3 seconds in advanced and work on more solid lock to subject than it being able to follow around a group of people..im only going to use group active track like 1x maybe vs if has 2,0 i would use it all the time..

Have a break !
Anything newa about a FW update ?

Antenna Bossters etc. can be discused in a seperate Thread

Greetings
2018-9-7
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-6 12:02
Please don’t make bold statements “as with everyone else....” you cannot include me in this! I am operating my Mavic Air with .400 FW, Go iOS 4.3.1 using an iPad 2018 WiFi only, and I’m having absolutely no problems at all.

Really your on a thread talking about the problems with this FW and by my statement of "as with everyone else". I meant the others in this thread talking about the problem they are also having. SO congrats on your drone working with this FW. Mine and many others are not so lucky. So before complaining about my statement read the rest of the people that are having problems also. I get so fed up of people trying to look cool and belittle others because they can't read.
2018-9-7
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Burmman Posted at 2018-9-7 14:50
Really your on a thread talking about the problems with this FW and by my statement of "as with everyone else". I meant the others in this thread talking about the problem they are also having. SO congrats on your drone working with this FW. Mine and many others are not so lucky. So before complaining about my statement read the rest of the people that are having problems also. I get so fed up of people trying to look cool and belittle others because they can't read.

Chill! That was NOT my intent! In the same way as I misunderstood your statement, you have misinterpreted my reason for posting. I fully appreciate that there are problems out there, but I feel it’s important that some balance is made to the fact that ‘some’ of us are not experiencing them.  Obviously I don’t know why this is so, and I hope that, when DJI finally sort this out, everybody can get back in the air and fly safely!
2018-9-7
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-7 23:28
Chill! That was NOT my intent! In the same way as I misunderstood your statement, you have misinterpreted my reason for posting. I fully appreciate that there are problems out there, but I feel it’s important that some balance is made to the fact that ‘some’ of us are not experiencing them.  Obviously I don’t know why this is so, and I hope that, when DJI finally sort this out, everybody can get back in the air and fly safely!

Sorry I took your post an attack. It is how it sounded to me. I am however happy to say I have updated and this new FW is working as it should for my drone. I had flown without any problems and feel much better now. Hopefully the ones that were having problems have also found this to be a good FW.
2018-9-8
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Burmman Posted at 2018-9-8 11:26
Sorry I took your post an attack. It is how it sounded to me. I am however happy to say I have updated and this new FW is working as it should for my drone. I had flown without any problems and feel much better now. Hopefully the ones that were having problems have also found this to be a good FW.

Good to hear - happy flying!
2018-9-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-8 11:49
Good to hear - happy flying!

As this thread has seen enough highjacking, trolling, animosity and other poor behaviour (even I am guilty of some of this), let's try and bring the civility back to it and keep it on-topic, which is to bring light to the ongoing issues with the Mavic Air.

I just wish I was one of those MA owners who can say I have no issues
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_W8AppD2J3Ult
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
Australia

I don't know why people are defending Mavic. I have half of these issues and I have not had a good experience with my drone yet.
2018-9-8
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-6 04:38
The news is....

hahhaahha!
I'm counting the days myself!

Therefore, I adapted to the new FW and so far, im doing good!
2018-9-12
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi Edison, another thread for your list: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534

And another user deceived by last FW for MA...
Owning previously many DJI models and coming from an, almost 2 years crusade for P4P improvement, I don't foresee a satisfactory solution in the near future...
Luckily the P4P seems to be stable now, we achieved it when the model was old enough and DJI's interest and uncontrolled and incompletely tested FW frenzy shifted to newer developing models...

2018-9-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

15matjan Posted at 2018-9-13 14:40
Hi Edison, another thread for your list: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534

And another user deceived by last FW for MA...

Thank you for posting the link to your thread...

I've seen this issue, but in this particular scenario, it has more to do with the GO 4 app on Android being the culprit of the issues you've described, as iOS users are not seeing these issues, or are very sparsely in comparison to Android.

As this thread is more to do with 0400 FW-specific problems, I won't add it to the main post list, but needless to say, this doesn't make it any less important. If you go to the Google Play Store and look at the feedback of the GO 4 app on that platform sorted by Newest First:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en_US&showAllReviews=true

You'll see TONS of 1-star reviews, pretty much for the reasons outlined in your thread
2018-9-13
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

bump

2018-9-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-17 05:50
bump

For the Record

2018-9-17
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

It's kinda alarming the MA hasn't seen an update in over 3 month given all the bugs.
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG - still not updated?
2018-9-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 06:21
OMG - still not updated?

Last FW update - V.01.00.0400 released 2018/05/03; according to PDF on DJI's MA download page.

Last-FW_2018-05-03.jpg

2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-17 06:30
V.01.00.0400 was last FW update as of 2018/05/03; according to PDF on DJI's MA download page.

[view_image]

Wow - I sold my MA at the beginning of August - I thought it would have been fixed by now - hope my buyer doesn't have too many issues!
2018-9-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 06:31
Wow - I sold my MA at the beginning of August - I thought it would have been fixed by now - hope my buyer doesn't have too many issues!

Yup, regardless if this is accurate, given the lack of any attention by DJI to the MA, it feels like they've totally abandoned it.

I hope this isn't the case, because I know some people will take action on this soon...
2018-9-17
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-17 07:11
Yup, regardless if this is accurate, given the lack of any attention by DJI to the MA, it feels like they've totally abandoned it.

I hope this isn't the case, because I know some people will take action on this soon...

I bought a spare hoping to sell it once they updated the FW.  Now I'm doubtful it will happen before my 12-months of 0% financing is up.
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-17 07:11

I hope this isn't the case, because I know some people will take action on this soon...

Fingers crossed they get the fixes in place soon. Perhaps the hold up was down to the M2 series launch but not thats old news they can hopefully fix the issues many are having.
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules