I am so trired of stupid people ruining things for us
1961 24 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/14/politics/white-house-drone-arrest/

What the hell!!!!  Why cant people use their freaking heads!!!!!  Sorry this is frusterating the hell out of me nad idiots like this will ruin it for everybody!!!

2015-5-14
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

There is multiple videos attached with this. Be sure to watch the third one that is the interview with our bone head president Obama. you will have to watch the first two to see the third.
2015-5-14
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

Yeah, it's all Obama's fault. LOL!
2015-5-14
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Didnt say it was Obama's fault....  I dont like him period. My dislike for him has nothing to do with drones, UAV's, Quad Copters, Toys etc. or what this idiot (the pilot) did today.
2015-5-14
Use props
vegasdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113389 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will you people stop calling it a Drone it's a Quadcopter, this is what gets the people and the news media going. Second look at that thing, it's a guy flying a toy in the park that did not no any better I know it's stupid but not everyone knows you can't fly a toy in DC. maybe should have signs in park stating no RC toys, kites, and rotocopters  allowed who know where he is from. I love the news when I was watching I thought I was going to see a Drone with missiles on it.
2015-5-14
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

vegasdrone Posted at 2015-5-15 04:41
Will you people stop calling it a Drone it's a Quadcopter, this is what gets the people and the news ...

I get you. and dont take this the wrong way but this is coming from the person with "drone" in your user name.

Its all perception. Yeah may of been a toy but I love the headers to the story on the different news agencies all using the Phantom as their header so regardless if it is a cheap ass toy or a P3 or our I1's the perception is all the same in the eyes of the media and the uneducated.
2015-5-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then this world would be very boring.
2015-5-14
Use props
vegasdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113389 ft
  • >>>
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-15 05:55
I get you. and dont take this the wrong way but this is coming from the person with "drone" in your ...

I know about the user name I use to have the same problem calling it Drone but after thinking about it and the way people act I rather use something then Drone now not sure how to change username.
2015-5-14
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

it's all theater do draw (negative) attention to the subject
2015-5-14
Use props
jeremybrooking
lvl.2

New Zealand

vegasdrone Posted at 2015-5-15 04:41
Will you people stop calling it a Drone it's a Quadcopter, this is what gets the people and the news ...

Im no bone head, and as you point out, I had no idea you couldnt fly a kite, in a park in DC.

I guess that comes from living in a country that actually has freedom
2015-5-14
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

It's not a drone....it's not a quad...it's a BeeBop.
2015-5-14
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-5-15 10:53
It's not a drone....it's not a quad...it's a BeeBop.

It´s a freakin TOY ... RAOTFLMFAO

All new inventions with a slightly risk of any one getting injured from them is facing the risk of being banned and made illegal to use ...
How ever ... smoking, alcohol, cars, airplanes etc ... NO PROBLEM ... just carry on !

Invation of privacy ...
Good thing no one came up with the idea of putting a camera inside every cell phone in the world ... cause they would immediately bann these because of the risk of invation of the privacy ... or wait ...

But seriously ... this was a freakin TOY ! ! !
2015-5-15
Use props
hughescream
lvl.1

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-15 02:47
There is multiple videos attached with this. Be sure to watch the third one that is the interview wi ...

PureSQNut - What's that name all about? The "Nut" truly stands out in your comments. Do us a favor, chill with your political opinions on the forum and stick to relavant subject matters.
2015-5-15
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

My user name has nothing to do with quads or drones. Just a nick name I was given due to the industry I work in and being an avid audiophile and SQ (Sound Quality) nut,

Actually this wasn't a political post. It was frustrations of the continued negativity this industry gets due to operators of different levels of products from toys to professional equipment and some of the their inability to grasp a concept of good judgement and making responsible decisions. I didnt make this a political post, others did.  I said watch the third video with Obama about these issues. I didnt go into any rant about our government or my extended opinion and feelings of the idiots running it, did I?

I dont like him period. sorry my opinion ruffles your feathers but were all entitled to it. The fact of the matter is our hobby, profession and love for quads is very much a political issue. As Quads, Drones etc have only become well seen and known in the media in the past few years its these very same government officials aside with the FCC, FAA and the FTC who ultimately now will be the ones who will pave the path for our future and what we will legally be allowed or not allowed to do with these expensive quads we all buy.  

The sad fact due to the negative media and peoples uneducated opinions about UAV's, Quadcopters and drones this Hobby/Sport/and business we are all in is very much as Taboo as equal rights for gays, gun control, abortion, separation of church and state, etc. The sad fact is these same politicians, uneducated members of the public would love to see all of us grounded!  If this makes me a nut for realizing that the ongoing activity is bad in the long term for us as a whole, then I thank you for your comments and much like I intended I am going back on topic where I was till you piped up about this being all about political opinion!

Back on topic which I never deviated from, (Others did)....
2015-5-15
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

hughescream Posted at 2015-5-15 22:50
Do us a favor, chill with your political opinions on the forum and stick to relavant subject matters.

The problem, whether ANY of us like it or not, is that this is 100% political.  Any and all upcoming legislation or rulemaking by any government agency is political and the result of political grandstanding.  Politicians have learned that taking any situation and turning it into an emergency, shouting "we've got to DO something!" and then legislating or demanding that federal agencies make new rules, keeps them active in front of their constituency.  The ideal foil for such politicians is a relatively small group to call "dangerous" and pick on, because that way they are inconveniencing a minimum of voters.  So you'll never see hugely inconvenient safety legislation involving, say, cars.  No politician will try to force automatic speed controls onto cars to force them never to exceed the posted limit.  It would be easy to do with existing technology.  But too many voters drive, so politicians know such an effort would get them voted out of office.  UAS, though, are an easy target.  Visible in the news, scary if you mischaracterize them just right, easy to get people riled up about, and then you can come to the rescue with crippling rules or legislation.  And most important: representative of a tiny minority of the voting public, so relatively powerless.  100% political.  And HIGHLY relevant if we'd like to keep operating.
2015-5-16
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Well said. Pete. I'm thankful somebody else sees this as a problem as well!
2015-5-16
Use props
Aerographis
lvl.2

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-16 22:01

As am I. It is a political issue, and it is being driven by various Governmental agencies. I was thinking about all of the helicopter pilots about to be put out of work by equipment costing 1/100th of their aircraft, and how this is affecting the FAA decisions on our aerial camera platforms. There has to be some pressure there to keep us "regulated" until everyone figures out how to deal with the new technology. So many pilots are going to be looking for work with their now-antiquated million-dollar aircraft...
2015-5-16
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-16 21:44
The problem, whether ANY of us like it or not, is that this is 100% political.  Any and all upcomin ...

I feel that the issue of UAV's in public airspace is threatening to all that don't fly them partly because of the perception that these aircraft can be used to steal your privacy and because they can and have been seen in conflict with manned aircraft, which poses a double wammy for the safety of not only the manned aircraft but the area of the potential crash site. I would like to be able to rest these people at ease, but lets face it the threat is real, at least in the accident department. This is why DJI has implemented the safety features, in an attempt to create the illusion of safety for the purpose of keeping the aircraft sale-able. They would lose billions world wide if their UAV's became illegal. The sales of these aircraft rest almost completely on the legality of it's use.
2015-5-16
Use props
hughescream
lvl.1

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-16 22:01

I agree with the political implication you all speak of surrounding UAV's. My issue is the negativity associated with guys with names like PureSQNut wearing Proud American / Ashamed of my Goverment on his sleeve in a neutral zone like DJI community forums. Referring to our president as a bone head and saying he hates Obama in comments etc.  Smells like one of them NutJob, hating individuals with to many rhetoric driven bumper stickers on the car swearing he never supported Sara Palin lying through his teeth.
The politics in this industry will surely evolved and we should support what makes sense for all. But let's not utilized this forum to insult people we don't know Proud American,.
2015-5-17
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-15 05:55
I get you. and dont take this the wrong way but this is coming from the person with "drone" in your ...

Hshahahahaha!! Lol! Touché...
2015-5-17
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-18 12:29
Hshahahahaha!! Lol! Touché...

Drone can be a quadcopter as well.... I understand your comment, however I think we need to re educate people on the term  DRONE. I call it UAV, but go onto explaining to people that ask: " Is that thing I'm flying is a drone.. "  and why I don't use the word lightly!
2015-5-17
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Hughescream

Hahaha.... Man I ruffled your feathers.  Oh well....no bumper stickers here  and palin... No thanks. Unfortunately honesty and politics are just two things that will rarely ever cross. The rare couple of posts you have made any contribution too and you found time to criticize my post. I'm truly flattered.

2015-5-17
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-18 12:33
Drone can be a quadcopter as well.... I understand your comment, however I think we need to re edu ...

Funny you mention that. I went to Tulloch lake today and I always ask before I fly and the guys at the gate had zero clue what a quad copter or UAV was when I asked if there was any issues with me flying. I mentioned Drone and both him and the ranger new immediately what I had then. Same thing with half of the people that walked by asking if I was the one flying the drone around. That's all people know.

Had some tine to talk with some of them and after a few minutes they were then calling it a quad. I'll settle for that as a good start
2015-5-17
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-18 13:10
Funny you mention that. I went to Tulloch lake today and I always ask before I fly and the guys at ...

Hahahaha!! I get the same... I Go onto say UAV, aerial platform and lastly DRONE and then it clicks to them... But by the time I get to drone they heard  (not for killing or spying) lol!!
2015-5-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Soon they will be everywhere, from kids toys to industrial equipment. From camera carriers to delivery gear and lets not forget where the term Drone originated - the US military and CIA. They are the ones responsible for giving our aircraft the bad rep. But in all fairness civilians and very likely terrorists will employ these aircraft for violent or criminal use. Quite sad really, just about every really cool or useful invention has been used for evil stuff. Alfred Nobel created dynamite to ease the backs of laborers, look where that went. Albert Einstein, well that needs no explanation. The Wright Brothers again a great machine used to increase the death toll on the enemy. These aircraft have so much potential in either direction it is scary to imagine what will develop.
My kids envisioned a swarm of armed drones that indiscriminately targeted any living thing! I asked them if they were watching the Terminator or something, They said no, the news. I thought that if a 7 year old girl could come up with that, look out! By the way, to my knowledge neither of my kids have seen the Terminator.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules