Heavy duty use
999 11 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

For those of you that have used your MA for some time. I have a question about wear and maintance. Beyond what is suggested in the manuel, have you any suggestions. I'm planning on fly either daily or every other day on average. So I would like to get a head up on potential issues.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I understand that you want to fly your Mavic Air every day. Please don't forget to check your pre-flight checklist everytime you fly your drone. Don't forget to check the drone's firmware if it is up to date. Please calibrate the IMU and the compass from time to time so that your drone will be in it's best shape.
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

No worries if you keep everything up to date. Check your propellers for wear before every flight, especially if you have had some ''close encounters'' with flying environment ;-)
2018-6-5
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 14:54
No worries if you keep everything up to date. Check your propellers for wear before every flight, especially if you have had some ''close encounters'' with flying environment ;-)

Great advice here.  Always check physically before each and every flight.  THis is the key to the longevity and if followed can have MANY miles with these good DJI Drones.  
2018-6-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Actually check props and AC bfore and after flight. Wipe the props clean to the touch from bug smears etc. and check for cracks. With my MP, I flew over 500 flights and never changed one blades so far! Knock on woods. Same with all the P4s, I have dozens of blades for emergency but so far never used any!
2018-6-5
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

Do the props wear out under normal use without making contact with obstacles?
2018-6-5
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 2018-6-5 19:38
Do the props wear out under normal use without making contact with obstacles?

With normal use I would say no. But like all the posts above its best to run your hands across them before and after every flight just to see if you feel any imperfections. If your in doubt about how one feels, replace it. Blades are cheap.
2018-6-5
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-5 19:56
With normal use I would say no. But like all the posts above its best to run your hands across them before and after every flight just to see if you feel any imperfections. If your in doubt about how one feels, replace it. Blades are cheap.

I would agree with that, except the MA is a little different because the way the arms fold and the fact that the props don't.  Without removing the props each time, it's nearly impossible not to contact/bend/scratch them up under normal wear and tear.  I end up removing them before folding the arms and putting the bird in my case, just for longevity.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly my Air A LOT.  I wish i could fly every day, but external factors often prevent that.  
I clean my Mavic Air a few times a week.  Before and after each flight, I check the propellers for wear.  So far, other than the small tear that i got when landing too close to a concrete step, there has been no visible change in the blades.  ( i changed that blade immediately)  
From everything that I can tell, there is nothing else to do but make sure it is up to date in firmware (in most cases) and that the vents are clean and props are clean, in good shape, and attached properly.  
2018-6-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I will echo everyone's feedback that DJI drones hold up well over time. As long as you don't notice any crash or impact and your drone lands as it took off then you should be fine. Flying every day you may want to revisit changing the propellers after 6 months to around the 1 year mark?
2018-6-6
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

I have my MPP for almost 3 months now and it works HARD. I changed my props after I flew into a tree at 80 something flights, now at 424 flights 91 hours and 2000km on the second set and they still look new. I need to clean bug splats of them a lot though
2018-6-6
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Just be careful with doing a calibration, if not prompted to.
If not done correctly, it can cause more issues than before the calibration. Manual states only do if prompted to.
I have not done any calibrations, or updates to my MP Fly More, except changing the battery draw-down to 2 days.
This bird is over 16 months old, still on 0.400 for the AC and 4.03 for the Go app.
Never went for the bait to update......
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules