Warranty against defects
838 8 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogerOz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1040587 ft
Australia

I bought a mavic air 2 months ago and since then it has been a headache, the drone tend to drift to the right while its taking off, I've called the shop
where I got from and they told me to send it to DJI then Someone the name Dora (from DJI) sent me an invoice ($110) to replace the propellers
and the top cover (LOL)?????, Ive trying to make her understand that the reason I sent the drone was because it was drifting to the left but
she keeps talking about the propellers and the top cover.

This support is terrible . DJI doesnt even honor their own warranty . this is ridiculous ...

2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Roger, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1821798-K9L8V0, according to the damage assessment, there is a sign of crash accident since there are scratches on the top cover and the propellers, therefore, we made data analysis to see if there is any malfunction with the drone, while per the data analysis, the drone crashed before because of ATTI mode.
I was wondering if the drift issue was caused by the poor GPS signal, can you recall if you fly the drone with strong GPS signal?
2018-6-5
Use props
rogerOz
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 20:23
Hi Roger, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1821798-K9L8V0, according to the damage assessment, there is a sign of crash accident since there are scratches on the top cover and the propellers, therefore, we made data analysis to see if there is any malfunction with the drone, while per the data analysis, the drone crashed before because of ATTI mode.
I was wondering if the drift issue was caused by the poor GPS signal, can you recall if you fly the drone with strong GPS signal?

As I mentioned earlier Ive sent the drone to DJI because since I bought it has been drifting to the right so there is definitely an issue with the drone,  there is always a problem with it  .
I didnt send the drone to get new propellers , I sent the drone because there is obviously something wrong with it, I dont even understand why they want to replace the props or the cover (I didnt ask for that) , I just want to ensure that the drone is not gonna crash again .
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rogerOz Posted at 2018-6-5 21:53
As I mentioned earlier Ive sent the drone to DJI because since I bought it has been drifting to the right so there is definitely an issue with the drone,  there is always a problem with it  .
I didnt send the drone to get new propellers , I sent the drone because there is obviously something wrong with it, I dont even understand why they want to replace the props or the cover (I didnt ask for that) , I just want to ensure that the drone is not gonna crash again .

Since there are scratches on the propellers and top cover, it is recommended to replace them. Your concern will be escalated to the appropriate department for further evaluation. We will have someone to contact you soon about the status, but I see you have requested to send back to the drone without repair, do you want to cancel it?
2018-6-6
Use props
rogerOz
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-6 00:35
Since there are scratches on the propellers and top cover, it is recommended to replace them. Your concern will be escalated to the appropriate department for further evaluation. We will have someone to contact you soon about the status, but I see you have requested to send back to the drone without repair, do you want to cancel it?

Hi Mindy thank you very much for your quick turn around, if you take a look at  the fly logs you can see that many times the drone has crashed while is tanking off , I really have enough of that drone so that's why I sent it to DJI with the original box and all the accessories, I was so upset that I did not even bother to replace the propellers,  the cover and the props have nothing to do with the drifting issue anyway.
I bough that drone 3 months ago (brand new) so I just want a drone that is in good working order , that's no much too ask right??
If for whatever reason the drone fly away (which I think it will) and I cant find it,  the care refresh wont cover the lost.
If the drone fly away and hurt somebody who is gonna be accountable for that ?.
What would you do if you buy a car and 1 week later you find out that the brakes dont work as it should ?
It's really common sense .
I invested over $1600 on that drone (Drone /batteries / case / lens/ care refresh, etc)  so That's what I want.
2018-6-6
Use props
rogerOz
lvl.2
Australia

I sold my spark to get this drone so I can take better videos for my 2 youtube channels (MTB and sailing),  THAT WAS A BAD IDEA.  
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogerOz Posted at 2018-6-6 16:02
Hi Mindy thank you very much for your quick turn around, if you take a look at  the fly logs you can see that many times the drone has crashed while is tanking off , I really have enough of that drone so that's why I sent it to DJI with the original box and all the accessories, I was so upset that I did not even bother to replace the propellers,  the cover and the props have nothing to do with the drifting issue anyway.
I bough that drone 3 months ago (brand new) so I just want a drone that is in good working order , that's no much too ask right??
If for whatever reason the drone fly away (which I think it will) and I cant find it,  the care refresh wont cover the lost.

Roger, in ATTI mode, the drone cannot hover or brake automatically, please kindly note. Per the data analysis, the drone was crashed in ATTI mode at that time. We're not sure the drift you mentioned is matched with the data analysis, so Mindy wants to confirm with you. Also, it is not recommended to fly the drone anymore after the crash as the performance cannot be ensured. Mindy has forwarded your case to the designated team to further follow-up, they will review and contact you soon.
2018-6-6
Use props
rogerOz
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-6 18:58
Roger, in ATTI mode, the drone cannot hover or brake automatically, please kindly note. Per the data analysis, the drone was crashed in ATTI mode at that time. We're not sure the drift you mentioned is matched with the data analysis, so Mindy wants to confirm with you. Also, it is not recommended to fly the drone anymore after the crash as the performance cannot be ensured. Mindy has forwarded your case to the designated team to further follow-up, they will review and contactyou soon.

LOL, so  you think the reason I've sent the drone to DJI was to replace the propellers ?. LOL .
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogerOz Posted at 2018-6-6 19:55
LOL, so  you think the reason I've sent the drone to DJI was to replace the propellers ?. LOL .

I don't mean this. Could you confirm how many satellites when the drift issue appeared? Does it occur in every flight, even in the open field without interference?
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules