Optical Sensors Error
815 7 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pixies channel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66673 ft

Hi all, I'm a newbie to droning and have the Phantom 4, I have been flying a few months now but recently since this new update I have been having an Optical Sensors Error please land immediately. this happens within a few minutes of taking off. Can you guys give me a helping hand tell me how to fix this issue.Many Thanks in advance.

Pixies Channel.

2018-6-5
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Hi,
If it happens after update, then try update one more time. Sometimes need to perform update for two times to VPS works correctly.
2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Have you fitted any accessories to the P4, like a landing gear brace or similar?
2018-6-5
Use props
Pixies channel
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No mate, nothing at all.
2018-6-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

I seem to remember reading in another thread about "false positives" - ie: the device reporting an error which doesn't actually exist. Have you tried rolling back the update to the previous version?   If the Optical sensor is, in fact, a problem. then that would presumably affect the obstacle avoidance system. So the bird will still fly OK but will be reliant on you not to crash into obstacles - rather like in Sports mode.
2018-6-5
Use props
Pixies channel
lvl.2

United Kingdom

How do I revert back to the previous update. Yeah it never happened before this so why all off a sudden it starts now. Very strange.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Pixies, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Please try to refresh the firmware for the drone to check if it fixes or not, thanks.
2018-6-10
Use props
Pixies channel
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-10 20:08
Hi Pixies, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Please try to refresh the firmware for the drone to check if it fixes or not, thanks.

Hi, Thank you all for your help, I have finally sorted out the Sensor error, I reverted back to the old update before this new one and no problems what so ever. I no I have not crashed this one, YET!

Thanks all.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules