1886 17 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463622 ft

Australia

Quick question for those in the know!

I recently purchased the Litchi App for doing 1 thing only, and that was for Flying Waypoints.

But I keep getting errors in the missions

1 (mainly signal Loss)  shows in the logs as well as  " On Screen"

2 Battery Errors - Mainly shows "on screen"
3 Last mission showed a HUGE Drop in battery Temp from 3201 average  then drop to 2731 and also recorded 0's in other voltage fields. I assume this is what came up on the app as a RED battery error. But I let it finish the misson then landed.

1. Should I concern myself with the Signal Loss if I am flying a mission as I have heard that the drone will just keep on flying the mission until it has a low battery and initiates a RTH. Is this correct? or wrong!

2. Was the Battery Error a Glitch because of signal loss? Should I have tried to land immediately.

Attached: Mission link from Airdatauav.com :https://app.airdata.com/main?share=HibkYb   This is 2 missions I flew one after the other.
I have Litchi Log Data csv file but can't upload here.

Wayne

2018-6-5
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

RE: Waypoint Question on Litchi App with P3 Std

Quick question for those in the know!

I recently purchased the Litchi App for doing 1 thing only, and that was for Flying Waypoints.

But I keep getting errors in the missions

1 (mainly signal Loss)  shows in the logs as well as  " On Screen"

2 Battery Errors - Mainly shows "on screen"
3 Last mission showed a HUGE Drop in battery Temp from 3201 average  then drop to 2731 and also recorded 0's in other voltage fields. I assume this is what came up on the app as a RED battery error. But I let it finish the misson then landed.

1. Should I concern myself with the Signal Loss if I am flying a mission as I have heard that the drone will just keep on flying the mission until it has a low battery and initiates a RTH. Is this correct? or wrong!

2. Was the Battery Error a Glitch because of signal loss? Should I have tried to land immediately.

Attached: Mission link from Airdatauav.com :https://app.airdata.com/main?share=HibkYb   This is 2 missions I flew one after the other.
I have Litchi Log Data csv file but can't upload here.

Wayne

2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The data shown in Airdata is not much use for diagnosing flight problems, the Phantomhelp interpretation is much better, but I don't believe it works with Litchi logs. Your battery temperature does not mean anything to me (it might to others), but values of 3201 and 2731 look more like voltage measurements than temperature.

It might be worthwhile using the DJI Go App to fly that course (manually) and then upload the flight log in order to get a better idea of what is happening. Particularly if the battery is showing an error. Battery errors should never be ignored unless you want your Phantom to revert to a kit of parts.
2018-6-5
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

Thnx Geebax!

problem is that you cannot pre program Waypoints in GJI Go, you have to fly the waypoints first.

My concern is that I  may be getting a "false" report on battery error. As it coincides with the Signal Losses
2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Crashtest - QANTAS Posted at 2018-6-5 23:10
Thnx Geebax!

problem is that you cannot pre program Waypoints in GJI Go, you have to fly the waypoints first.
The battery errors are most likely very real, and they have no connection with the signal losses.

Yes, I understand you can't pre-plan waypoints in Go, but I also suggested you simply fly the same course around that field manually. But if you look at the Airdata information, it does not show much in the way of battery data. Using the Go app produces a very detailed log, which you can upload to Phantom help.

Go here and follw the instructions: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I see they do support Litchi, so give it a try with the log you uploaded to Airdata. The instructions are on that site.
2018-6-5
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you Geebax,

I'll upload the log and see what I get and report back here.

Wayne
2018-6-5
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

Ok,

Logs show  a few
Downlink Lost
then ... Downlink Restored (after 0m 2.8s)

These show during the waypoints and also After I switched back to P-GPS

wayne
2018-6-5
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

here's the link:
Litchi Waypoint Mission
2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yeah, downlink lost messages happen. Can you post a link to the flight log data result so we can see it?
2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Crashtest - QANTAS Posted at 2018-6-5 23:36
here's the link:
Litchi Waypoint Mission

OK, not much there, I guess the Litchi log does not contain as many parameters. But in any event I could not see anything wrong. Let's wait for another member to come along and see if he can spot something.
2018-6-6
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Geebax !

I am going to try a different Tablet as I purchased a New Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 when I got the drone. Perhaps it's that which is the problem( interfering with signal?) will try my wifes Tablet, it's older but may make a difference. I will fly the same mission with that to see if that is it.

Thanks for your Help.

Wayne
2018-6-6
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Nothing special in your log.

The message about 0 volts is only after you landing and switching off the aircraft. In fact, it is the second last entry in the log !!!

Your battery looks healthy.

Why do you lose RC connection to the aircraft I do not know. Maybe you have been behind some iron plates so the radio signals could not reach together or a poor antenna operation on the RC ?

It seems like you're still in good conscience to fly the waypoints missions with Litchi.

Although I have flown many waypoint missions with Litchi for Android at a distance of up to 500 meters away from RC and can not remember having received any error messages.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-6
Use props
Crashtest - QANTAS
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Leif,

As you can see in the Litchi Waypoint Link above, It's a huge open industrial estate so there should be no interference. But as I am new to this I am unsure as to whether I am reading the Logs correctly. ie: am I missing something!

It's raining here today so I cannot test the mission again. I have Learned that the Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 has a Magnetized back which nobody seems to be able to explain WHY? other than to stick on your fridge or assist with a cover like apple ipads to help the cover close. I have a sneaky suspicion this "could" be a problem, although I haven't had a problem with it using the DJI Go app.

When the weather clears I will fly the mission with a different Tablet and try to eliminate that as the cause. I also have a spare Controller, so I will also swap out this in the process.

Thank you for your input.

Regards,
Wayne  
2018-6-6
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Crashtest - QANTAS Posted at 2018-6-6 13:51
Hi Leif,

As you can see in the Litchi Waypoint Link above, It's a huge open industrial estate so there should be no interference. But as I am new to this I am unsure as to whether I am reading the Logs correctly. ie: am I missing something!

I can see there is a large building with a lot of workshops west of the field. I do not think they are the reason you losing the connection between RC and airplane shortly. If you fly with Litchi or DJIGO, do not make any difference if you lose the connection for a short while. I would suggest you to fly a trip around the place with DJIGO to learn the correct antenna routing. Just keep in mind, you need a solid GPS lock before you take off so your homepoint is set to automatic RTH if something going wrong. Do not fly farther than you are over the ground. Most flying away situations happen because people fly beyond VLOS !!!

My two tablets also have aluminum backs, but it does not matter as long as your eyes face the drone.

Fly safe, best regards Leif.
2018-6-6
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft

DJI go must be force stopped prior to using Litchi, and vice versa. Android keeps them in memory even if you close them. I run into this whenever I forget to force close one or the other prior to use. You can get all kinds of error messages and problems.  
2018-6-10
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2018-6-10 20:16
DJI go must be force stopped prior to using Litchi, and vice versa. Android keeps them in memory even if you close them. I run into this whenever I forget to force close one or the other prior to use. You can get all kinds of error messages and problems.

Crashtest, stuka is correct....Android caused me all kinds of problems. Blue tooth, magnetic issues I had all that happen (not just with Litchi app, but DJI Go as well). But it really gives errors if you have both on the Android unit and they are both running (one in the background).

I broke down and got an iPad mini 4, I use it to fly on Litchi, and use my Android phone to do maintenance on the P3S.
2018-6-11
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

I would not be too worried about battery faults unless you are getting them prior to take off. I would never take off with a battery error. As far as signal loss it is part of fly the Phantom 3 standard, it is going to happen, Fortunately Litchi loads your entire flight to the AC prior to take off. If you have paid close attention to your altitude when planning your flight, have your AC set on smart return in case your battery does not have enough power to finish mission and return to home altitude set high enough you AC will always come back. I have flown several hundred missions in Litchi. P.S. It can be very stressful when all visual and communication is lost, just remeber to check the time length of the mission and the time of take off. You will see once the mission is about to time out you will hear your AC coming back to you.
2018-6-13
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

And fly your mission out against any significant wind, so that return to home is with the wind. I ran a successful waypoint flight one day, and next day it did not complete the mission and RTH'd due to higher crosswind than the previous mission.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules