Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

A simple checklist wich i use for flying my Spark and MA.

download link > https://mega.nz/#!gLpQVCJL!yT42H ... CRaJiqadNifj0Ixlvxk

cheers
JJB

MyCanIFlyCheckList.pdf

302.83 KB, Down times: 95

2018-6-6
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thanks a lot. Very nice
2018-6-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Great list for newbies and seasoned pilots, Thanks JJB !!
2018-6-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fabulous JJB, great list.
2018-6-6
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Great list.
I have one remark, I do the sattelite check before first take-off, just to be sure.
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

chiplifter Posted at 2018-6-6 01:36
Great list.
I have one remark, I do the sattelite check before first take-off, just to be sure.

Hi chiplifter,

Think both are OK to do, i do it after the second take off because i give my drone little bit more time to find all sats.
Ofcourse when i takeoff the first time with less than 7 sats i am really carefull to see how my drone is flying for the first hover checks.
Cheers
JJB
2018-6-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-6 02:45
Hi chiplifter,

Think both are OK to do, i do it after the second take off because i give my drone little bit more time to find all sats.

Do not be fly with less than 9 to 10 satellites!

Also check the sensors and make sure both IMU and COMPASS have solid green line.

Also check the battery cells to verirfy that the cell variations is at minimum of +-1 or 2.

Chekc the props before and after flight. Wipe it clean.
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronist Posted at 2018-6-6 05:39
Do not be fly with less than 9 to 10 satellites!

Also check the sensors and make sure both IMU and COMPASS have solid green line.

Hi, my minimum is 11 satellites to fly.

If you just hover few feet in front of you with a lower sats count, well...just do it but don`t fly away from your position.

Sensor check can be done, if they are not OK the app will tell you.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Great checklist again.  Thanks for this
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-6 05:53
Great checklist again.  Thanks for this

Thanks, it is a minimum basic checklist, users are free to add more check points.

But if new DJI drone flyers use this and comply to this, my guess is that there are less "fly-aways".

I am often surprised why beginners start to fly over water etc...less knowlegde about the theory of flying, wind-effect on drones, RTH and ATTI behaviour etc....

cheers
JJB
2018-6-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thanks JJB very handy info
2018-6-6
Use props
Proteus88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105026 ft
Canada

The lack of capital "i''s is killing me Great list, thank you!
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Proteus88 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:39
The lack of capital "i''s is killing me  Great list, thank you!

uh, what do you mean?  is it my bad grammar?
2018-6-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-6 05:53
Hi, my minimum is 11 satellites to fly.

If you just hover few feet in front of you with a lower sats count, well...just do it but don`t fly away from your position.

Dude, you were talking about 7 Sats and did not want anyone to get the wrong idea few feet up or not.

In regards to sensors, it is always better to be safe than sorry same with the battery!

2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronist Posted at 2018-6-6 13:51
Dude, you were talking about 7 Sats and did not want anyone to get the wrong idea few feet up or not.

In regards to sensors, it is always better to be safe than sorry same with the battery!

Nope, if your read my checklist i say that i start to fly away from my homepoint with 11 sats or more.
Just hovering, just carefull when sats counts is between 7 and 11.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-6
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-6 22:44
Nope, if your read my checklist i say that i start to fly away form my homepoint with 11 sats or more.

Thank you for the list, nice done and good to keep it in mind!
2018-6-6
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great checklist! Thanks for sharing it.
2018-6-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-6 22:44
Nope, if your read my checklist i say that i start to fly away from my homepoint with 11 sats or more.

Dude, BTW, you can do what you want but check your #6 reply. I was replying to it.

So again we don't not want newbies or old timers to TAKE OFF WITH 7 SATS! being careful or NOT. You should not take off!

2018-6-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronist Posted at 2018-6-7 16:38
Dude, BTW, you can do what you want but check your #6 reply. I was replying to it.

So again we don't not want newbies or old timers to TAKE OFF WITH 7 SATS! being careful or NOT. You should not take off!

Well guess you do want to understand my message.

1) Fly only away from HP with 11 sats or more (for newbies and experienced flyers)
2) Take-off to only to hover in front of you with 7 - 10 sats OK (AC is GPS stabilized, mayby no HP recorded),  but don`t fly away.

if you (and others) think that it is absolutely unsafe to fly into Hover only with 7 sats : well don`t do that!

cheers
JJB
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

Thanks, JJBspark
2018-6-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very informative - good work!
2018-6-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-6-7 22:36
Very informative - good work!

Thank you, as i said before ; hope that new users will use it, and if there is a ERROR return home or land.
We all are eager to fly and try to get the best fun and video/picture shot but confirm to that mental check! if something pops-up ; remain on the safe side of flying!

cheers
JJB
2018-6-7
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-7 23:02
Thank you, as i said before ; hope that new users will use it, and if there is a ERROR return home or land.
We all are eager to fly and try to get the best fun and video/picture shot but confirm to that mental check! if something pops-up ; remain on the safe side of flying!

Great checklist, made me think and double check I knew each item.
Fly back using the compass was one I had to think about. My question is, is that because the screen can go blank but the compass still functions? or has RTH failed or is inappropriate
2018-6-7
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Great checklist JJBspark, made me think and double check I knew each item.
Fly back using the compass was one I had to think about. My question is, is that because the screen can go blank but the compass still functions? or has RTH failed or is inappropriate ?
2018-6-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ken Storm Posted at 2018-6-7 23:44
Great checklist JJBspark, made me think and double check I knew each item.
Fly back using the compass was one I had to think about. My question is, is that because the screen can go blank but the compass still functions? or has RTH failed or is inappropriate ?

Hi Ken,

2 reasons why its good to use:

1) if for some reason you loose LOS of your drone, yaw your RC left right until white arrow is in line with the center (hp) and the right drone arrow. Than you know in wich direction you have too look for your drone. If "found" fly back as said using the controls.

2) when video downlink loss this compass does function, so no panic and fly it back.

When complete disconnected Drone will RTH (if all does work as advertised), stick input RC does not have any effect ofcourse.

cheers
JJB

2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-7 23:02
We all are eager to fly and try to get the best fun and video/picture shot but confirm to that mental check! if something pops-up ; remain on the safe side of flying!

Good advice   
2018-6-8
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft
Belgium

Hello JJBspark,
I set my Iphone every time before flying in airplain mode, you never know what could be get interference.
2018-6-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Free2be Posted at 2018-6-8 03:21
Hello JJBspark,
I set my Ipone every time before flying in airplain mode, you never know what could be get interference.

Ok, i must say i never do that (bluetooth is off) and have no problems with any interference.
But some people do so i will add this to my checklist.
Thank you.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-7 22:15
Well guess you do want to understand my message.

1) Fly only away from HP with 11 sats or more (for newbies and experienced flyers)

Dude, What don't you understand. I said am replying to your #6 message. Not your list.

Get it # 6  1,2,3,4,5,6  #6, MESSAGE NUMBER SIX     
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Great checklist
2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JJB why when I disagree with you, you resort to insults everytime on posts and especially PMs ??!

I saw various posts where you made fun of me, thats ok, I take a joke, but when I disagreed with you on a Post you went MAD !?

Why ?

I know that you think you are a Genius, but come on, try accepting when someone doesn't agree with you Hans. Please.

2018-6-14
Use props
Jim_Ball
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49754 ft
Australia

The checklist is very useful. Thank you!

However, this long list does speak out for itself: today's drones are still not a consumer product. They are for hobbyists and enthusiasts. Like microcomputers in 1970s. Users were enthusiastic and tolerant. If there was a problem, users helped each other to find a solution, which was great. But in the consumer product space, this can be potentially a big issue. As not everyone finds it fun to troubleshoot, not everyone likes to go through a long list to check his/her drone before having a bit fun. If they crash the drones, they will be disappointed. In this case, arguing technicalities and whose fault it was doesn't help. Consumers just lose confidence in your products. End of story! In the consumer products space, customers‘ perception is everything.
2018-6-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jim_Ball Posted at 2018-6-14 14:11
The checklist is very useful. Thank you!

However, this long list does speak out for itself: today's drones are still not a consumer product. They are for hobbyists and enthusiasts. Like microcomputers in 1970s. Users were enthusiastic and tolerant. If there was a problem, users helped each other to find a solution, which was great. But in the consumer product space, this can be potentially a big issue. As not everyone finds it fun to troubleshoot, not everyone likes to go through a long list to check his/her drone before having a bit fun. If they crash the drones, they will be disappointed. In this case, arguing technicalities and whose fault it was doesn't help. Consumers just lose confidence in your products. End of story! In the consumer products space, customers‘ perception is everything.

Thank you. I agree with you ; flying a drone is more than just switch it on and rock the controls!

If only 1 person uses my checklist and fly with more awareness and knowledge i am happy.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I recognized most of this , I have a feeling of de ja vue.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=104222&fromuid=260008 Almost exactly the same.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-7-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-14 07:30
JJB why when I disagree with you, you resort to insults everytime on posts and especially PMs ??!

I saw various posts where you made fun of me, thats ok, I take a joke, but when I disagreed with you on a Post you went MAD !?

I feel your pain , your not the only one who gets insulted .
2020-3-8
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Super thanks for that very useful
2020-3-8
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-6 10:20
uh, what do you mean?  is it my bad grammar?

I think he's talking about all the i's should be capitals... I did this, I did that etc....
2020-3-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tomcatuk Posted at 3-8 06:34
Super thanks for that very useful

Hi Tomcatuk,

fun to see that a very old thread is bumped again to live.

Btw ; there is an update for a MM checklist.

cheers
JJB

MyMMCanIFlyCheckList.pdf

395.02 KB, Down times: 3

2020-3-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-8 04:38
I feel your pain , your not the only one who gets insulted .

thanks for getting a 2018 thread alive again.

The more people uses checklists the better, thanks Hallmark.

cheers
JJB
2020-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-8 07:43
thanks for getting a 2018 thread alive again.

The more people uses checklists the better, thanks Hallmark.

I think the checklist is no more hehe , but it does show your willingness to insult those who don’t agree with you, as well as giving out spurious information about taking off with less than 7 satellites.
2020-3-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules