Powering phone when using OM2
919 8 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skewif
lvl.3

I want to do long time lapse of many hours. My new iPhone runs flat far too fast running DJI GO to be able to do this. Has anyone found a way / adapter / cable that can be used to power the phone when installed into the OM2??
2018-6-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I use the standard lightning charger cable or this one angle cable.png
2018-6-6
Use props
HeavyDuty
lvl.2

Swedrone Posted at 2018-6-6 03:25
I use the standard lightning charger cable or this one[view_image]

Do you have a link for that cable?
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Just to clarify, are we trying to prolong the battery life of the iPhone while using a timelapse with our Osmo mobile2?
2018-6-6
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I use a cable like the one pictured above.. you can either plug it into the OSMO's USB jack or use a separate power bank.. Just google right angle lightning cable and you will find them.. I think I got a pack of three of them from Amazon for less than $10
2018-6-6
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

Your best bet is a separate power bank for what you want to do. Unfortunately, charging your phone while filming with the osmo will drain the osmo battery in an hour.
2018-6-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

userf1d95a1ea1 Posted at 2018-6-6 19:33
Your best bet is a separate power bank for what you want to do. Unfortunately, charging your phone while filming with the osmo will drain the osmo battery in an hour.

No it does not drain the Osmo battery in one hour. However the weight of the cable affects the balancing and if improperly balanced it will drain the Osmo battery quicker than 12 hours. The iPhone (7) battery is 1960 mAh and the Osmo is 2600 mAh. If the iPhone could record for 1 hour fully charged and use the Osmo to power it another hour the reamaining power would last for another hour in the Osmo. Tests however shows that the iPHone is good for 3-4 hours by it´s own battery. I could do a real life test if you want?!
2018-6-7
Use props
Skewif
lvl.3
United Kingdom

To save the cable unbalancing the gimbal is it possible to use 2 iPhones with one running a less power draining time lapse app mounted on the Osmo and the second connected to the gimbal running DJI Go and connected to a power bank??
2018-6-7
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

Sure do a test and see how fast the osmo battery goes down while charging  the phone, while filming frequently.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules