Flight Mapping for Agras MG-1S
11029 19 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sprayguy
lvl.1
United States

Hi all

Is there any way to load a spray area into MG app from file (shp or kml etc) or to load any kind of map into the app and define a spray area in the app?  Or is the only possible way to walk around the perimeter of the spray area for smart spray applications?

If not I am sure hoping that this will be integrated in the near future.  All other flight planning apps  for drones are capable of doing this but I am not seeing this functionality for my newly acquired Agras MG-1S.

Thoughts?
2018-6-6
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Hi Sprayguy
I do not think there is a way to import a map or file to/ from the DJI Management Platform to the App in the RC. The only way to set waypoints is by walking the perimeter of the field (link 1) or directly input them on the Google Maps map displayed on the remote control-link 2- (not too precise for me) by pressing “Add Waypoint C2”.

Even with the RTK positioning system, you will need to move around the field with the handlheld mapper (link 3) and mark each waypoint and obstacle.

With the MG-1S, “recording Points A and B” is no longer used for planning missions.

Below some Youtube links (1 to 3) that may help.

2018-6-6
Use props
sprayguy
lvl.1
United States

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-6 15:14
Hi Sprayguy
I do not think there is a way to import a map or file to/ from the DJI Management Platform to the App in the RC. The only way to set waypoints is by walking the perimeter of the field (link 1) or directly input them on the Google Maps map displayed on the remote control-link 2- (not too precise for me) by pressing “Add Waypoint C2”.

Ricardo,

Thank you for the reply.  Your second link is what I am really trying to accomplish (for now at least), but in my app there is no satellite imagery (or any maps for that matter) for anywhere outside of China.  I can't seem to find any literature that will aid in helping me to accomplish this.  I am connected to WiFi btw.

Thank you for any help on the matter
2018-6-7
Use props
J.L.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 51864 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Sprayguy, you can fly phantom 4 series with DJI software to produce the live map and make MG-1S flight plan. then import the new flight plan to MG-1S remote controller with a micro-sd card. It is an option to replace walking. Please note the software is chargeable, not free.
2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

sprayguy Posted at 2018-6-7 18:00
Ricardo,

Thank you for the reply.  Your second link is what I am really trying to accomplish (for now at least), but in my app there is no satellite imagery (or any maps for that matter) for anywhere outside of China.  I can't seem to find any literature that will aid in helping me to accomplish this.  I am connected to WiFi btw.

Hi Sprayguy. So you don't have any satellite image (Google Earth) displayed on your RC screen? Already checked your internet connection?
2018-6-8
Use props
sprayguy
lvl.1

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-8 08:52
Hi Sprayguy. So you don't have any satellite image (Google Earth) displayed on your RC screen? Already checked your internet connection?

That is correct.  My WiFi connection is fine. Just will not load google imagery at all (except for China).  I’ve tried to get on the ag.dji.com website to see if I can create a task there and download the task on RC, but going to have to figure a way to translate the site to English
2018-6-8
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Are you sure internet is running ok on your RC? Since day 1, I had issues with the Huawei stick and the SIM Card. The internet seems ok, the Network Diagnosis on the RC screen was in green but there was no internet. at all.  At the left circle, the "Remaining" appears 0 MB (see picture below). Checked the APN and was ok,  when trying to input LTE switches to 3G. I contacted my dealer but no solution found. So maybe you think you have internet but you don't. Now I use an external modem in my pocket and as a backup my cell phone hotspot-wifi.

Another problem I had was with the Management Platform, only Chinese maps. I contacted DJI and they solved the problem. (see email below). Don't know if this exactly your problem.

发件人: Ricardo Cheesman [mailto:ricardo.cheesman.r@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2017年11月28日 8:44
收件人: Industry Unmanned Aerial Vehicle <iuav@dji.com>
主题: Technical support for Agras MG-1S
RICARDO CHEESMAN

PERU
51-956147766
AGRODRON SAC
Recently bought an Agras MG-1S, have some issues with the DJI Agras Management Platform that doesn't display maps showing this message. "Oops, something went wrong" - "This page didn't load correctly Google Maps. See the Javascript console for technical details".
Need some help here.
Thank you very much for the assistance.
Regards

Try this link:

https://us-ag.dji.com/usermg/

2018-6-8
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

You are trying to access the Chinese Managment Platform. For USA and Latam use this one:

2018-6-8
Use props
sprayguy
lvl.1

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-8 11:55
You are trying to access the Chinese Managment Platform. For USA and Latam use this one:

I got the map issue figured out.  I had a button clicked on the setting to enable AMaps for China.  It works with that checked off now.  I will look into the website for US. Thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it.
2018-6-8
Use props
AgroSmartChile
lvl.2

Chile

Hi JL, Which is the program that you use to produce live maps,for uploading in the Agras MG-1S?
2018-7-27
Use props
Dongki Shin
New

South Korea

Agras MG-1S SD 카드가 에러가 생겼습니다. 방법이 있습니까?
2018-12-19
Use props
FelipeEspana8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11266 ft
Colombia

J.L. Posted at 2018-6-7 19:30
Hi Sprayguy, you can fly phantom 4 series with DJI software to produce the live map and make MG-1S flight plan. then import the new flight plan to MG-1S remote controller with a micro-sd card. It is an option to replace walking. Please note the software is chargeable, not free.

Hola, tienes el nombre del software?? Gracias ;)
2019-1-21
Use props
VaughanW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1364268 ft
New Zealand

AgroSmartChile Posted at 2018-7-27 04:33
Hi JL, Which is the program that you use to produce live maps,for uploading in the Agras MG-1S?

Hi AgroSmart, did you get an answer to this question?
2019-2-4
Use props
cdustin
lvl.2

United States

Hey J.L. do have the name of the software to use the phantom 4 pro for live mapping? Thanks
2019-2-19
Use props
ORK01
lvl.2

Argentina

cdustin Posted at 2-19 13:42
Hey J.L. do have the name of the software to use the phantom 4 pro for live mapping? Thanks

I think the software is dji Terra
2019-6-15
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

ORK01 Posted at 6-15 06:35
I think the software is dji Terra

let me test it with DJI Terra
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_PLs5SaHwhWd8
New

Iran

Hi
Please help me
How to export agras mg1s to kml or shp?
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_lBbu3QvsrypL
New

Iran

I can not connect to the internet via sim card in my mg 1 p controller.
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_ovJ7gk6Cut61
New

Cambodia

sprayguy Posted at 2018-6-8 14:09
I got the map issue figured out.  I had a button clicked on the setting to enable AMaps for China.  It works with that checked off now.  I will look into the website for US. Thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it.

This had saved me from throwing this away. Thank you!!!
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_rOUcgkWh8QOJ
New

Germany

Hi
i dont know if there is a way to put files in remote controller but guess you can do this by putting an SD card in your remote controller .
and if you dont want to walk all around the field you want to work on you can simply get into field editing on walk with rc screen and add points simply by tapping on wherever you want.
2022-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules