Problem with Spark RC Wi-fi - only appear at second boot
1176 21 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325856 ft
Brazil

Hi. It's my first drone and I bought it yesterday.

I have a issue with my Spark Remote Controller Wi-fi.

Everytime I power on the RC, my iPhone do not see its Wi-fi connection. I need to power off and a second after power on the RC.

After that the RC's Wi-fi appear and I can connect it.

It occurs if I power only Remote Controller or Remote Controller + Spark or Spark + Remote Controller.

It's important to say that my RC and aircraft is correct linked and working.

I already update RC and aircraft firmware, restore factory settings of both and relink them, but this problem persists.

Any idea on how to solve that?

Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

We do apologize for the inconvenience, can you please tell us what specific iPhone model you are using? Did you try to use a different mobile device or tablet? To make sure I will receive notification from your response please click ''reply''. Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

It's important to say that first time I power on controller red lamp blink about 30 seconds an than stop blinking and stay red.
2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

It's important to say that first time I power on controller red lamp blink about 30 seconds an than stop blinking and stay red (but Wi'fi RC not appear). After that I power off controller than power 1 second after. In this second time red lamp blink only 15 seconds and stay red. After staying red Wi-fi RC appear in list of Wi-fis in my iPhone.
2018-6-6
Use props
dan.mc-j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9806 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I have this issue with an iPhone6 and expect it the following will resolve other phones.  I find I have to deselect 'auto connect' for my home WiFi and turn on 'auto connect' for the RC.  Once this is done, if you don't connect to RC straight away, toggle phone WiFi off and on.  This sorts the issue and is much quicker than turning the RC off and on.  The issue is likely your phone prioritizing WiFi networks.
2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

dan.mc-j Posted at 2018-6-6 07:37
Hi. I have this issue with an iPhone6 and expect it the following will resolve other phones.  I find I have to deselect 'auto connect' for my home WiFi and turn on 'auto connect' for the RC.  Once this is done, if you don't connect to RC straight away, toggle phone WiFi off and on.  This sorts the issue and is much quicker than turning the RC off and on.  The issue is likely your phone prioritizing WiFi networks.

I have iPhone 6 too. The problem is not only dont connect RC and iPhone via Wi-fi. The problem is that Wi-fi don't appear at list of avaiable Wi-fi connections. I try to search the Wi-fi from my RC in the iPhone, iPAd and Macbook and none of this devices see RC's Wi-fi at first boot. The only thing that work is turn of and turn on RC.
2018-6-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

TulioDJI Posted at 2018-6-6 07:50
I have iPhone 6 too. The problem is not only dont connect RC and iPhone via Wi-fi. The problem is that Wi-fi don't appear at list of avaiable Wi-fi connections. I try to search the Wi-fi from my RC in the iPhone, iPAd and Macbook and none of this devices see RC's Wi-fi at first boot. The only thing that work is turn of and turn on RC.

Use an OTG Cable -

I bought DJI Original OTG and the DJI Lightning Cable too -

Which do you Prefer a Wifi Signal Internet Connection or a Cable Internet Connection ? I think Cable Connection. More Reliable.

2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-6 07:54
Use an OTG Cable -

I bought DJI Original OTG and the DJI Lightning Cable too -

OTG Cable is a good option, but I want to know if this steps (power on, power off and power on again RC to use WI-fi) is a normal thing or if my RC has a issue.

Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

It's important to say that first time I power on controller red lamp blink about 30 seconds an than stop blinking and stay red (but Wi'fi RC not appear). After that I power off controller than power 1 second after. In this second time red lamp blink only 15 seconds and stay red. After staying red Wi-fi RC appear in list of Wi-fis in my iPhone.

Is that time (30 seconds) normal?

I think my RC has a issue.
2018-6-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

If you Power On the RC and look immediately for the WIFI it must show on the IPhone.

If you leave it for sometime, the RC may have an Intelligent Saver Mode, that sees no connection to it, and sets the WIFI in Sleep Mode.

Many Bluetooth Devices do this too.

I am sure that there is Nothing Wrong with the Remote, that Air Signal sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't this almost happens on any Device Wifi / Bluetooth alike.

Thats why many Pilots want OTG just like Mavic Air / Mavic Pro and other DJI Drones have...

So don't worry too much !

2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-6 08:05
If you Power On the RC and look immediately for the WIFI it must show on the IPhone.

If you leave it for sometime, the RC may have an Intelligent Saver Mode, that sees no connection to it, and sets the WIFI in Sleep Mode.

Tested here: Power On the RC and look immediately for the RC's WIFI, but it don't show on the IPhone.

Are you sure it is not an issue? I have never see that. Search on internet and nobody notice that.
2018-6-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

TulioDJI Posted at 2018-6-6 08:10
Tested here: Power On the RC and look immediately for the RC's WIFI, but it don't show on the IPhone.

Are you sure it is not an issue? I have never see that. Search on internet and nobody notice that.

Why don't  you do a Simple Thing ?

1) Turn Off the Remote
2) Remove the Spark Remote Wifi from the Phone
3) Restart the Phone
4) Turn On the Remote
5) Turn On the Phone
6) Re Install Spark Remote Wifi

If you are in doubt just contact DJI Support and they can Replace your Remote if it is Faulty. You can send it for Analyzing.

2018-6-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Watch this Video to see you are doing everything well -

2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-6 08:13
Why don't  you do a Simple Thing ?

1) Turn Off the Remote

That don`t solve it. I watch the video, but my problem persist. The problem is that I live in Brazil and here we dont have DJI support.
2018-6-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

TulioDJI Posted at 2018-6-6 08:25
That don`t solve it. I watch the video, but my problem persist. The problem is that I live in Brazil and here we dont have DJI support.

Use OTG Cable and you solve the Issue, many found lots of Problems using Wifi Connection.

Good luck.
2018-6-6
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-6 08:41
Use OTG Cable and you solve the Issue, many found lots of Problems using Wifi Connection.

Good luck.

Thank you. Do you know if I use OTG cabe can I see telemetry (like distance, battery level etc)?

I read that with otg cable telemetry dont show up.
2018-6-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

TulioDJI Posted at 2018-6-6 08:45
Thank you. Do you know if I use OTG cabe can I see telemetry (like distance, battery level etc)?

I read that with otg cable telemetry dont show up.

Many use v4.1.15 on Android for a stable version with Telemetry.

For IOS didn't hear there were issues.
2018-6-6
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

I had the exact same thing...was annoying so now I use OTG.  OTG works fine with both Android and iOS using the latest version.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please let us know the firmware version of your aircraft, remote controller and the DJI GO4 app? I recommend you to try to refresh the firmware again, if still no good luck, then I will forward it to our engineers for a check. Thank you in advance.
2018-6-7
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the time being, keep it simple.  Don't mess with the OTG cable.  You will be introducing an additional step that complicates getting flying!  Most likely your WiFi connection is still pointing to your home based WiFi.
Before you turn on the Remote, before you start up DJI Go 4, and before you start the aircraft, go to the Settings on your phone and choose WiFi.  

Start your Remote.  Once the blinking light becomes solid, look at the WiFi setting on your phone.  The Remote should be listed.  
Select it and enter the passcode (if requested).  The red light should turn green in a few seconds.  
Then start DJI Go4.  
Then start the aircraft.  
I suspect that your phone has been set to always look for the first WiFi (or "home" connection) as a default.  Unless you "point" it to the Remote Controller it doesn't "automatically" switch.

FWIW, if you need to contact DJI Support and have internet connection (your location doesn't matter) you can start a CHat session through this website.  At the bottom of this form page there is a link for "support."  There you have the choice to start a technical chat.  I've used it and it worked, but be patient.  It takes a while to work through a problem.

Welcome to the Forum!
2018-6-7
Use props
RobG0007
lvl.4

South Africa

I have a similar issue and have just learnt to live with it. I have tried all different combinations of starting up but nothing helps. I fire up AC then RC, I do not see the RC WiFi on my phone (Huawei p9), I turn off RC and then fire it up again. Only once it is connected again to the AC do I see the RC on my phone and can connect to it.
2018-6-7
Use props
TulioDJI
lvl.1
Brazil

RobG0007 Posted at 2018-6-7 05:21
I have a similar issue and have just learnt to live with it. I have tried all different combinations of starting up but nothing helps. I fire up AC then RC, I do not see the RC WiFi on my phone (Huawei p9), I turn off RC and then fire it up again. Only once it is connected again to the AC do I see the RC on my phone and can connect to it.

All my hardware and software are up to date.

This was exact my problem. I don`t know why, but today I tested all of it again and my rc`s wi-fi symple appear in first time. Maybe it solved by yourself... lol.

Anyway, now I`m using OTG cable too.

But it`s good to know that this mess in "normal".

Thank you all.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules