Gimbal cannot receive MC data solution error
1847 5 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

First day on my 2 week vacation, two sucessful flights, no issues.
On the third flight, on the way back the camera started moving quickly about and the recording kept stopping/starting in rapid succession.
The following message appeared (briefly):
"Gimbal cannot receive MC data solution: Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft.  Ensure that none of the pins are loose.  If the problem persists, contact DJI support"
This drone is a refurb drone that DJI sent to me in Nov 2017, never has been crashed, bumped or in any way damaged.  Up to now, all good flights with no errors or warnings of any significance.  I just updated firmware (Mavic) about 2 weeks ago to the latest and have flown several flights since then.  I did notice when I was landing that the Mavic seemed to pitch (roll) slightly and erraticly when it was about 5' from the ground, with minimal/no wind.

I'm not sure what I can do on vacation, if anything, to remedy this since I don't have a toolset with me.  Is there anything obvious I can look for? The description of what to do seems very vague.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize if you're having some issues with your drone right now. If that's the case, we highly recommend to send it to our repair center and let our engineers fix the defect. The error message shows what we should do to fix the problem. However, if you're going to do it on your end, the warranty will be void. So it's best to send it to our repair center. You can create the repair case online: repair.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-6-6
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

I wasn't planning on doing any repair work but I did a gimbal calibration and IMU calibration, both which were successful.
I plan on a test flight today and if it continues to display the error again, I will start a repair.
Thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

So far so good.  Sent the drone in on the 11th and today (the 15th) it's in the Quality Assurance step, then off to shipping back to me.  Gotta say, so far, on two different issues with my MP, I'm impressed with the speed and efficiency of the repair and exchange program.
2018-6-15
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

Update: was informed yesterday that instead of a repair this would be a replacement and I received shipping info today that the replacement will be here tomorrow.  The build date is Feb 9, 2018 so it appears I am receiving a replacement that is 1 year "newer" than the Mavic I sent in.  So far, so good with DJI, hope the replacement isn't/wasn't someone else's problem
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for updating us, keep us posted in any case that you need our assistance.
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules