This is driving me crazy, can't find gimbal clamp.
1156 7 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm planning on taking my Osmo Pro on honeymoon in just over a week and as such am going to have to travel with it in a bag of some description rather than in the hard case that it came in.  As such I'd quite like to have a gimbal clamp/lock to put on the X5 to protect it whilst we travel but as I bought it as part of the Osmo Pro bundle (and not as part of an Inspire 1 Pro) DJI did not supply a gimbal clamp with it.

I've scoured and scoured amazon.co.uk to no avail, does anyone know ANYWHERE in the UK that will sell me an X5 Gimbal Clamp?

Thanks in advance

Alistair
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for reaching this concern to us. We don't have available gimbal clamp for the X5 camera for your Osmo pro. Tried to check directly with our pre-sales team and to our store and unfortunately, it is not available. We apologized for the inconvenience. As of the moment, DJI is continually looking for new ways to give its customers more control while also maintaining important safety and usability features in our products.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Paladin,

Once again thank you for your prompt reply and efforts on my behalf.

As the gimbal clamp isn’t available for purchase do you have any suggestions to keep the X5 safe during transport?

Alistair
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Advocate Posted at 2018-6-7 06:53
Hi Paladin,

Once again thank you for your prompt reply and efforts on my behalf.

Hello Alistair,

I tried checking online but there is no specific case for an x5 camera only. However, we do have a carrying case for Osmo pro. Please check the link https://store.dji.com/product/os ... complete&position=0.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Paladin,
I do own that particular case already as I bought the Osmo Pro bundle, but it’s a bit bulky and will carry only the Osmo Pro.
I’m looking to take a more general bag/backpack that I can carry on to the plane and that will hold not just the Osmo Pro but also my standard Osmo, my Osmo Mobile, and some accessories - as well as other tech/gadgets such as a kindle, iPad Pro and Nintendo Switch (I know, I’m a geek I can’t help it lol). Because of this I’m trying to think of a way I can protect the X5 gimbal whilst it’s in such a bag. I’ll probably end up putting it into its original box I think.

Alistair
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Advocate Posted at 2018-6-7 09:34
Hi Paladin,
I do own that particular case already as I bought the Osmo Pro bundle, but it’s a bit bulky and will carry only the Osmo Pro.
I’m looking to take a more general bag/backpack that I can carry on to the plane and that will hold not just the Osmo Pro but also my standard Osmo, my Osmo Mobile, and some accessories - as well as other tech/gadgets such as a kindle, iPad Pro and Nintendo Switch (I know, I’m a geek I can’t help it lol). Because of this I’m trying to think of a way I can protect the X5 gimbal whilst it’s in such a bag. I’ll probably end up putting it into its original box I think.

Hello Alistair,

Thank you for the quick response. You can put it in a small box and make sure that it is covered with bubble wrap before putting it inside the box. I think that is safe enough for your travel. However, the best way to make sure that the X5 camera is secured is using the carrying case that you already have.
2018-6-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

I will definitely NOT leave X5 gimbal installed on Osmo handle while traveling. There's no supporting bracket on the back of X5 gimbal adapter (as is on Inspire 1 Pro), making the entire setup very vulnerable for abuse. Wrap the gimbal in bubble pad tight, secure with scotch tape and carry the backpack all the time.
2018-6-8
Use props
terrytan
lvl.1
Singapore

Try to use an camera bag insert that has dividers which you can customise how you place your Osmo Pro. I put in my Osmo Pro and it fits perfectly in the large version. Get some Muji PP square Organiser and you can place accessories like the extension and cold mount in it. For the insert, you can refer to the picture. With this insert, you can put it in your backpack also.
0ABBC94A-18DC-456C-81CA-C66B54141944.jpeg
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules