Loud Fan Noise
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

I have a Phantom 4 Advanced and have been flying everyday.  With more flights came a louder internal fan with vibration and in time it would fail.  
So, i was left with no choice but to send it "DJI Care Refresh."  In addition the SD Card would malfunction saying, SD CARD FULL after only taking 12 photos...(now saving photos to your phone)....even though it was formatted after every download.

The way DJI handles these problems will set forth will have a direct effect if i continue TO PURCHASE ADDITIONAL DJI PRODUCTS.

All defects should be replaced, no questions asked in a timely faashion.

2018-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'All defects should be replaced, no questions asked in a timely faashion.'

Provided it is within the warranty period.

The noisy fan is a known problem, and only requires a small adjustment to the position of the fan underneath the gimbal cover. You can do it yourself.

If you are in fact formatting the card after every time you copy the material off the SD card, then it should be OK. Are you formatting it in the aircraft using the DJI Go App? It could also be due to the card itself, if it is not fast enough. What card is it?

2018-6-6
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-6 19:04
'All defects should be replaced, no questions asked in a timely faashion.'

Provided it is within the warranty period.

Im 6 months into the DJI CARE REFRESH and thats how old the drone is.

I formatted the card after downloading the photos from it.  (IT IS THE SD CARD THAT CAME WITH THE DRONE). I think the card just prematurely wore out as I did take pics daily from it.
Its a red Extreme SD Card.
2018-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SkyEye21 Posted at 2018-6-6 19:31
Im 6 months into the DJI CARE REFRESH and thats how old the drone is.

I formatted the card after downloading the photos from it.  (IT IS THE SD CARD THAT CAME WITH THE DRONE). I think the card just prematurely wore out as I did take pics daily from it.

I take it the you mean a Sandisk Extreme card. It should be OK, although some of the older Extreme Plus cards were a bit didgy with regards to speed.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. It is recommended to start a case and send the unit in from here:
https://www.dji.com/support
We will offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment result.
2018-6-7
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Thank You DJI Susan........................... DJI CARE REFRESH is Repairing and/or Replacing the Drone...............good because I already miss taking pictures
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules