Alicante beach - El campello
1082 16 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yerai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8993 ft

Spain

Hello! This is my first video with my Phantom 4, second flight so far. If you are going to visit Alicante I really recommend you this beach.
  • Location: Beach "carrer la mar" in El Campello, Alicante. LINK to google maps.
  • Date: Sunday 3rd of June, 2018.
  • Hour: 8:52 P.m
  • Equipment: DJI Phantom 4

Waiting for feedback and suggestions!

2018-6-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

I really enjoyed that.  Couldn't help noticing though, that when viewing inland and panning round, the lower corners of the video appear to ripple slightly.  Does anyone else see that, or is it just me?  Thanks for the share.
2018-6-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Fantastico video Yerai  !! Saludos desde Mutxamiel
2018-6-7
Use props
Yerai
lvl.1

Spain

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-7 00:29
I really enjoyed that.  Couldn't help noticing though, that when viewing inland and panning round, the lower corners of the video appear to ripple slightly.  Does anyone else see that, or is it just me?  Thanks for the share.

Unfortunately I noticed that too, it was a windy day, that could be the reason, I will do some extra tests to see if that happens again in a less-windy environment.

Thanks for your reply
2018-6-7
Use props
Yerai
lvl.1

Spain

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-6-7 00:43
Fantastico video Yerai  !! Saludos desde Mutxamiel

Muchas gracias!
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yerai Posted at 2018-6-7 00:50
Unfortunately I noticed that too, it was a windy day, that could be the reason, I will do some extra tests to see if that happens again in a less-windy environment.

Thanks for your reply

Aloha Yerai,

As Blériot53 noted the "ripple" effect was noticeable.  I have never seen that before.  At first I thought it could be a faulty lens but upon further observation the problem was not always there during PANs.  This should mean that the problem is a software problem and not a hardware problem - that is a good thing.

When you have time, you might want to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app again to see if that helps.  Hopefully you have an Android device because the iOS devices have had problems with the Phantom 4 and DJI GO 4.

You might also get lucky and someone on the Forum may have had that problem before.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good capture. Very calm waters.
2018-6-7
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

Nice capture, specially on the beach and the sea.  I like the cottage around 2:49.

I would shorten the clip a bit.  Perhaps look for a few subjects and tell a story.  

Nice colors.  
2018-6-7
Use props
Yerai
lvl.1

Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-7 03:07
Aloha Yerai,

As Blériot53 noted the "ripple" effect was noticeable.  I have never seen that before.  At first I thought it could be a faulty lens but upon further observation the problem was not always there during PANs.  This should mean that the problem is a software problem and not a hardware problem - that is a good thing.

Hello,

The active track was not working properly, so today I updated the firmware of RC and Phantom to the latest version.
I will download the DJI GO App again and see if some of the changes make any difference.

Thanks for your help!
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Amazing beach and good job in recording the video. Two thumbs up for you. Keep it up!
2018-6-7
Use props
Yerai
lvl.1

Spain

Rivi Posted at 2018-6-7 08:01
Nice capture, specially on the beach and the sea.  I like the cottage around 2:49.

I would shorten the clip a bit.  Perhaps look for a few subjects and tell a story.  

Thanks for your comment!

Yes, I noticed I was a bit long I will try to make shorter videos, might be more interesting!
2018-6-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Lovely. Makes me want to dive right in...

Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-7
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work. Yes I saw the ripple effect also. It could have been happening from the reflection of the sun on the lens since it wasn't happening facing away from the sun. Was your White Balance set to Auto?

I would try again on a cloudy day or at high noon and see if the ripple effect is still there. If not then you know it had to do with the sun hitting the lens is a weird way. If it shows back up then it could be something with your editing software.
2018-6-7
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

Yerai Posted at 2018-6-7 09:38
Thanks for your comment!

Yes, I noticed I was a bit long  I will try to make shorter videos, might be more interesting!

Look forward to the next video
2018-6-8
Use props
Yerai
lvl.1

Spain

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-7 16:46
Nice work. Yes I saw the ripple effect also. It could have been happening from the reflection of the sun on the lens since it wasn't happening facing away from the sun. Was your White Balance set to Auto?

I would try again on a cloudy day or at high noon and see if the ripple effect is still there. If not then you know it had to do with the sun hitting the lens is a weird way. If it shows back up then it could be something with your editing software.

Thanks That's a really nice suggestion, every parameter of the camera was set to auto, that's maybe a mistake but was my first flight with a "professional drone" and the controller has a lot more buttons than my previous one haha.

I will try with the lighting environment that you suggest. And finally it shouldn't be related with the editing software because both the livestream recorded on the mobile phone and the SD raw recorded video has the issue.

Thanks for your help I'm waiting for the weekend to test everything and see what's the problem!
2018-6-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-7 00:29

You are correct.
Looks like the lens has some issues.
2018-6-8
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yerai Posted at 2018-6-8 00:22
Thanks  That's a really nice suggestion, every parameter of the camera was set to auto, that's maybe a mistake but was my first flight with a "professional drone" and the controller has a lot more buttons than my previous one haha.

I will try with the lighting environment that you suggest. And finally it shouldn't be related with the editing software because both the livestream recorded on the mobile phone and the SD raw recorded video has the issue.

There are a few YouTube videos on best camera settings for the model drone you own. Watch those and you will get an idea of what to set your camera at. Please keep us posted if you find out why you were getting the ripple effect.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules