Out to get us banned smh
1566 9 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Source:  http://news.yahoo.com/white-hous ... dent-181915886.html

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue was put on lockdown Thursday afternoon when a man reportedly attempted to fly a remote-controlled drone over the White House fence, a senior official told ABC News.

The man, whose identity has not yet been revealed, was detained by Secret Service agents for questioning. According to a federal law enforcement official who spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity, it was not immediately clear whether the man was simply using the aerial device to take photos or actually aiming it at the White House.
President Barack Obama is at Camp David and was absent for the commotion. Still, ABC News reports, the White House was briefly locked down and the traffic outside on Pennsylvania Avenue stopped while the Secret Service investigated.

Thursday's incident is the second this year involving a drone at the White House. In January, a drone crashed on the White House lawn after the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency employee who had been flying the unmanned aircraft around downtown D.C. lost control of it. The 3 a.m. crash startled Secret Service agents, but was it was ultimately determined to be an accident and its clumsy pilot was absolved of criminal charges.

2015-5-14
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

Idiots... This is why we have GPS locks, altimeter limits, and increasing laws being passes against us. Morons who know nothing about the hobby will purchase quadcopters because they're cool and do whatever they want until we all get banned. Locally there was a news story about some guy flying his inspire right into his neighbors backyard and looking into her window. Now anytime anyone sees me flying it's the first thing they bring up. "so you use that to spy on people?"

I have to politely inform them that not all of us abuse the hobby and usually wind up showing them some of my footage of landscapes so they get the idea of what these should really be used for.
2015-5-14
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

1337brian Posted at 2015-5-15 04:25
Idiots... This is why we have GPS locks, altimeter limits, and increasing laws being passes against  ...

exactly right, really sad.
2015-5-14
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

There are no GPS locks or altimeter limits currently in law. There are FAA guidelines. That's it.
2015-5-14
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

1337brian Posted at 2015-5-15 04:25
Idiots... This is why we have GPS locks, altimeter limits, and increasing laws being passes against  ...

"Now anytime anyone sees me flying it's the first thing they bring up. "so you use that to spy on people?" "

Your response should be:
No, I use my phone for spying, it is not as obvious.
2015-5-14
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-5-15 04:31
There are no GPS locks or altimeter limits currently in law. There are FAA guidelines. That's it.

why did you reply to me? and yes there are locks, you can't fly a phantom into no fly zones or bring it above 500 meters. GPS locks...
2015-5-14
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Jim.young04@gma Posted at 2015-5-15 05:31
why did you reply to me? and yes there are locks, you can't fly a phantom into no fly zones or bri ...

Hi. The reply was meant to be to the OP. There are no "GPS locks" except as implemented by specific drone companies. You aren't allowed to fly over the White House or sensitive military centers, but these are unique, special situations. No one has "locked" anyone's drone due to laws, because there are no laws. Again, I am NOT saying that people should disregard FAA guidelines. But guidelines are one thing and laws are another.
2015-5-14
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-5-15 05:45
Hi. The reply was meant to be to the OP. There are no "GPS locks" except as implemented by specifi ...

oh, yes it would be an entirely new situation if the government stepped in to gps lock every company's drones made for civilians. would be a bummer.
2015-5-14
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

You should all take a look at your state laws too.  NC slipped a law into last years budget bill.  Can't remember all the details but because the FAA has been slack, states are acting on their own.
2015-5-14
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I read this today. DJI has instituted no fly there so guess  they can aim at the other manufacturers out there. Leave us alone B.O.
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules