8959 99 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-17 13:44
Got it and makes sense.  I agree that they should not mandate.  That is what is good about the Evo.

You can however unlock your MP to give yourself more freedom ;)  Not talking about the DJI way lol.

Yup still under warranty until the end of July, then sending it out to implement the freedom it well deserves.
2018-6-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I'd rather go with the Mavic Pro than Parrot Anafi.
2018-6-17
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-17 15:10
I'd rather go with the Mavic Pro than Parrot Anafi.

Well fortunately not a decision I have to make, will have both.
2018-6-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-17 15:56
Well fortunately not a decision I have to make, will have both.

Make sure to give us your objective opinion once you've flown and used the Anafi.
2018-6-17
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-17 15:59
Make sure to give us your objective opinion once you've flown and used the Anafi.

Will do. Release date is the 2nd of July, hope to have it by the 6th.
2018-6-17
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-17 14:02
Yup still under warranty until the end of July, then sending it out to implement the freedom it well deserves.

I figured as much and that you will give it the freedom it much deserves at that point   It is like finally taking off the lease of these amazing machines.  
2018-6-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-17 16:19

I'd be especially interested in seeing: 1) The Anafi's range and top speed; 2) Camera quality and 180 degree aperture; 3) Its movement without obstacle avoidance
2018-6-17
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-17 17:08
I'd be especially interested in seeing: 1) The Anafi's range and top speed; 2) Camera quality and 180 degree aperture; 3) Its movement without obstacle avoidance

Have you tested the MP with OA turned off?  This is how I always fly and find it to be smoother and more responsive plus gives you higher speed(30mph) and longer battery.  Only turn on if I feel need like flying close to stuff.  So 90% of time fly with it off.
2018-6-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-17 17:10
Have you tested the MP with OA turned off?  This is how I always fly and find it to be smoother and more responsive plus gives you higher speed(30mph) and longer battery.  Only turn on if I feel need like flying close to stuff.  So 90% of time fly with it off.

I haven't really been able to fly the Mavic Pro since the hot weather rolled in here. I've not yet tested turning off OA but yes it increases the speed. Does it really reduce overall battery consumption? This I was not aware of.

I think it could be useful to disable, if you look at my range test the Mavic Pro upon returning home mistook the Sun horizon almost as an obstacle as I've heard this sometimes happens. I'm assuming disabling OA will maintain the Mavic Pro in returning home aiding off potentially stopping and standing still because it mistook the Sun for an obstacle?

2018-6-17
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-17 17:15
I haven't really been able to fly the Mavic Pro since the hot weather rolled in here. I've not yet tested turning off OA but yes it increases the speed. Does it really reduce overall battery consumption? This I was not aware of.

I think it could be useful to disable, if you look at my range test the Mavic Pro upon returning home mistook the Sun horizon almost as an obstacle as I've heard this sometimes happens. I'm assuming disabling OA will maintain the Mavic Pro in returning home aiding off potentially stopping and standing still because it mistook the Sun for an obstacle?

Yes it sure does increase battery life but only if not pushing the full 30mph.  So if you go WOT going 30mph with OA turned off compared to going 20mph with OA turned on I find it to be about the same.  So with OA turned off and say going about 20mph you do get more battery I have found.  

And yes I found sometimes when facing the sun it would also mistake the sun for an obstacle but with OA turned off this is never an issue.  So depending on what I am doing I prefer to have OA turned off.  

What is great about the MP is having the freedom to turn off or on OA giving us the choice.  
2018-6-17
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread.  Was not my intention.  
2018-6-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-17 17:27
Yes it sure does increase battery life but only if not pushing the full 30mph.  So if you go WOT going 30mph with OA turned off compared to going 20mph with OA turned on I find it to be about the same.  So with OA turned off and say going about 20mph you do get more battery I have found.  

And yes I found sometimes when facing the sun it would also mistake the sun for an obstacle but with OA turned off this is never an issue.  So depending on what I am doing I prefer to have OA turned off.  

I agree you can have so much more control with the Mavic Pro than compared to other DJI drones. One of the biggest features of the Mavic Pro is the ability to disable RTH, this is important for anyone who wishes to fly a DJI drone indoors.

Obviously the Spark would be the best candidate for indoor flying, but you can't disable RTH and I've noticed when I connect to the Spark indoors to adjust settings the Application displays a disconnected intermittent status, which is dangerous for anyone who flies the Spark indoors. If my Spark was airborne inside my house, then the 3 second disconnect status indicator on the DJI GO 4 App would have enabled the Spark to RTH and it would have risen up to my ceiling and crashed. With the Mavic Pro, an occasional disconnect to the Remote Control would just make the Mavic Pro hover in place until the RC connected.

Getting back my apologies for not keeping to the main topic of Mavic Pro vs. Parrot Anafi. I think if Parrot Anafi incorporates more user friendly options along with the ability to outmaneuver in tight places then it could be a viable indoor/outdoor drone with an excellent camera? These benefits are pure speculation and what ifs but the possibilities are promising, but in my opinion doubtful?
2018-6-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-17 13:29
No, No, No, it is not a competition it is an addition, the biggest asset is the freedom to choose where, when and how you fly. The cost of a drone whether it is a Parrot or Autel is negligible compared to the lost revenue due to mandated NFZ's that DJI imposes upon 107 pilots.

Ya I agree with that
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-17 16:19

You bought one? I'll look forward to your review of it mate. All drones have positives and negatives - will be good to see what you think of it first hand in real flight
2018-6-18
Use props
Leonidaslee
lvl.2

Mavic pro of course
2018-6-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

same as me
2018-6-19
Use props
Geeks Tips (GeeksTipsDotCom)
New

I think that the fact that ANAFI records at 100Mbps its a deal breaker for me. Mavic PRO 60Mbps is simply  not enough making rolling shutter effect so visible and also can't handle image processing fast enough in fast maneuvers.
You can read here a very thorough comparison between DJI Mavic PRO and Parrot Anafi:
geekstips.com/parrot-anafi-vs-dji-mavic-pro-comparison-the-war-of-drones/
2018-8-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Geeks Tips (GeeksTipsDotCom) Posted at 2018-8-14 08:02
I think that the fact that ANAFI records at 100Mbps its a deal breaker for me. Mavic PRO 60Mbps is simply  not enough making rolling shutter effect so visible and also can't handle image processing fast enough in fast maneuvers.
You can read here a very thorough comparison between DJI Mavic PRO and Parrot Anafi:
geekstips.com/parrot-anafi-vs-dji-mavic-pro-comparison-the-war-of-drones/

Nice one thanks for sharing
2018-8-14
Use props
djiuser_aWByQRGIQ2LI
New
France

I own both so I have a good experience : why I pick the Anafi ? :
- cheaper
- lighter (always in my bag pack with 3 batteries I got a quick charging dock as well)
- quieter,  I can fly it everywhere no one pay attention to it
- smaller
- yes 100mbps vs 60 so better compression
- 360 panorama with an editor, you can create amazing photos
- charge via usb c, can be charge everywhere, with a powerbank or solar panel, good for hicking
- better controller, phone on the top not below
- no fly zone restriction
- look like a toy, yes it's more ugly but no one usually ask for a licence
- never any propals in the videos ruining the shot !
- lot of updates with new features
Where my Mavic Pro was better :
- range, can fly a lot more far than the Anafi
- ocusync is better in the city than Wifi for transmission
- looks more professional if you use it for commercial use
- true 3 axis gimbal, the Anafi lack it sometimes when it's windy

Overall, I prefer the Anafi, quite impressive sensor to be honest, check some photos I did @julientaming on insta
Obviously if you got money, the Mavic 2 Pro is a solid  choice.
2019-6-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

djiuser_aWByQRGIQ2LI Posted at 6-18 00:20
I own both so I have a good experience : why I pick the Anafi ? :
- cheaper
- lighter (always in my bag pack with 3 batteries I got a quick charging dock as well)

Thanks for sharing your opinion buddy!
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules