Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Magenta tint on CinemaDNG
3034 15 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonesMillbank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439751 ft
United Kingdom

We've worked with CinemaDNG RAW natively in Premiere CC before and it's been fine, but after importing footage from the new X5S, it brings a magenta tint into Premiere. This isn't the case with the original DNGs when viewed in Photoshop/Lightoom.

Below is how the same frame looks in Premiere and Photoshop respecively. Any ideas as to why Premiere is doing this?

2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for bringing your query here, we may need to clarify this concern if we do have an official method, due to that the issue occurs upon using a third party software. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-6-7
Use props
JonesMillbank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Tony, thanks. If you need a DNG to replicate the issue you can download one from www.jonesmillbank.com/images/J001_C006_20180531_R00000.dng
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JonesMillbank Posted at 2018-6-7 23:55
Hi Tony, thanks. If you need a DNG to replicate the issue you can download one from www.jonesmillbank.com/images/J001_C006_20180531_R00000.dng

Thanks for the original footage, may I have your Premiere CC version as well?
2018-6-8
Use props
JonesMillbank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Up to date CC, so currently 12.1.1 (Build 10).
2018-6-8
Use props
Flight AV
lvl.2
United States

Happening to us as well.  Is DJI F***ing incable of making tools that WORK?  We are on set with no time for this!  Thanks!
2018-6-10
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight AV Posted at 2018-6-10 11:52
Happening to us as well.  Is DJI F***ing incable of making tools that WORK?  We are on set with no time for this!  Thanks!

As I currently understand, this is an issue with Premiere Pro. Cinema DNG files open fine in Resolve and in ACR/Lightroom.  This Magenta cast is specific to Premiere, and is sporadic (I get it sometimes, and other times not, on the same files...).
If you are on set with no time, its generally recommended to not attempt a workflow that you don't have confidence in. If you can open the files in Lightroom and process them there, you will know that the files themselves are fine, and that the Premiere workflow is  the problem (and currently not workable.)
2018-6-10
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we are working on testing and locating this issue, sorry for the trouble caused.
2018-6-11
Use props
JonesMillbank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No, that doesn't fix the issue. In the test I did, matching the Temperature and Tint of the CDG Source to that of the values shown in "As Shot" in Photoshop increases the magenta. Pushing the tint into the greens fixing it slightly, but still leaves a lot of magenta, particularly in the shadows.
2018-6-11
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

charlesetischer Posted at 2018-6-11 02:03
Would you please check if the issue can be fixed by adjusting tint in the Effect Contorls -> Master -> Tint setting box? We noticed that Premiere and Photoshop reported different tint on the same frame.

My experience with the magenta cast raw files in Premiere is that you cannot get the color back via premiere's tools. There seems to be a huge profile error, not a tint issue.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post in 8# is from our engineers, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-11
Use props
JonesMillbank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

For those also suffering you may want to try a few workarounds that work due to other programs using Adobe RAW importer.

- Grade final shots in Lightroom
- Edit in After Effects and/or use linked comps for aerial footage
- Use SlimRAW to convert original DNGs to Lossless 10-bit
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JonesMillbank Posted at 2018-6-12 00:50
For those also suffering you may want to try a few workarounds that work due to other programs using Adobe RAW importer.

- Grade final shots in Lightroom

Jones, glad to know you find a workaround.
Here is an update from our engineers:
After testing, the Premiere 2017 version is normal, but not the 2018 version, we are still analyzing the root reason, will keep you updated.
2018-6-14
Use props
CJJordan
lvl.1
United States

Here it is August and no fix. I didn't have this problem until now, after the latest X7 update - on the SAME version of Premiere 12.1.0 So I have clips on the same timeline from before I updated my I2 and X7 that work fine, and now after the update they are pink.
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
2018-8-22
Use props
brother llc
New
Flight distance : 5696 ft

Any news on this? I am still getting magenta colored footage when importing to Premiere...
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, Adobe has released v12.1.2, could you please try to update to this version and see if the issue persists? I am looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules