Setup Errors IMU calibration & Gimbal status
2261 4 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans39501c9f
New
Switzerland

Hi there,

I bought my first drone yesterday - a DJI Mavic Air.
I unboxed it, reading throught the manuals, did the setup as described, downloaded and updated all software and firmware...and was ready to fly...

But unfortunately the app showed me several errors:

- compass error (need to be calibrated)
- IMU error (need to be calibrated)
- Gimbal error (no connection to flight controller)

I was able to fix the first one by calibrating the compass - at this point I thought that its maybe a standard task before your first flight.

However, calibrating the IMU did not work.
I was able to navigate to the screen, where you can press the start button for the calibration, but the button did not work (nothing happended when I clicked on it...)

Today I went to the store, where I bought the drone, and they gave me a new one without many questions.
But when I tried the setup today, the same Errors did show up again, and once again I was unable to do the IMU calibration throught the DJI go 4 software.

Well...now I need to make sure, I didnt do something wrong..maybe some of you do have some advices what else could be checked or done ...

What I did so far:
- I deleted the app and reinstalled it
- I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2, connected the drone to my laptop and was able to do the calibration within the software - sucessfully - however, the same errors showed up again, when I tried to start/fly

I am still unable to start the calibration process for the IMU in the software - the start button seems to be active (not greyed out or inactive) but clicking it does not start anything...

What else can I try?

Thanks for any suggestions/help

2018-6-7
Use props
fans39501c9f
New
Switzerland

pretty helpful forum...
no need for advices anymore...got a 3rd drone which runs without problems - so right now i am satisfied.
it seems to be a problem that came up several times according to some other forums...and it also seems i was unlucky enough to buy 2 in a row
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the late response to your post and good to know all is well now. I am also curious that if you are able to calibrate the IMU for this drone now? Below's the tutorial for reference if needed.
2018-6-10
Use props
Danny Berndt
lvl.1

Spent hours on end trying to fix this issue... DJI assistant, DJI support, restoring older versions, reupdated versions, freezer, max battery etc! I was told to send it into DJI but I couldn't afford the week+ of not having my drone for work... Long story short this next solution actually worked... I smacked it with my palm a few times... and it actually worked... I had to calibrate the compass but once I smacked the drone a few times, the IMU wasn't acting up anymore and I was good to go! Hope this helps lol (assuming it was magnets that were stuck inside)
2018-7-30
Use props
fansb1d276b5
New
United Kingdom

Danny Berndt Posted at 2018-7-30 20:46
Spent hours on end trying to fix this issue... DJI assistant, DJI support, restoring older versions, reupdated versions, freezer, max battery etc! I was told to send it into DJI but I couldn't afford the week+ of not having my drone for work... Long story short this next solution actually worked... I smacked it with my palm a few times... and it actually worked... I had to calibrate the compass but once I smacked the drone a few times, the IMU wasn't acting up anymore and I was good to go! Hope this helps lol (assuming it was magnets that were stuck inside)

Danny your an absolute Genius lol. I just had my Mavic Air wrapped up in a bag about to put in a freezer and i thought let me have another look around. Found your post and knowing my background of technology sometimes a good slap makes things work. So low and behold, gave my Mavic Air two firm slaps on the top of it, plugged my battery back in and Voila.......

Danny YOU THE MAN!!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules