Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO - Dangerous Latency
123Next >
2687 109 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RENEGADE AIR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3604101 ft

So it's a pretty well know fact that DJI has failed to fix it's chronic latency issues in order to push people to buy CrystalSky.  My question is, how big will the lawsuits against DJI be when somebody gets hurt or even killed due to DJI's REFUSAL TO ADDRESS well known latency issues?
2018-6-7
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

"when somebody gets hurt or even killed"

That's pretty impossible if you follow the laws. You are not supposed to fly near or over people, you must have VLOS at all times.
You must be able to determine the attitude of the drone at all times. That's how it is in most countries.

If you follow these rules you are always able to fly the drone back visually if the system crashes or the device has latency issues.
For sure you know that a device/display is not needed to fly the drone.
So - if someone runs his drone into a person it can only be pilot error.
2018-6-7
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Good luck with that "Hillary". You are already aware of the drone's flight charactoristics and limitations. You are the person in command of the vehicle. You are solely responsible for any and all incidents that arise from you use of the vehicle.

2018-6-7
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-7 10:55
"when somebody gets hurt or even killed"

That's pretty impossible if you follow the laws. You are not supposed to fly near or over people, you must have VLOS at all times.

Aside from dot answering the question, a drone hitting and obstacle and  falling out of the sky from 400 feet could easily kill someone.  VLOS isn't the problem here, DJI knowing of an existing issue and doing nothing to fix it is.  
2018-6-7
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Air/America Posted at 2018-6-7 11:13
Good luck with that "Hillary". You are already aware of the drone's flight charactoristics and limitations. You are the person in command of the vehicle. You are solely responsible for any and all incidents that arise from you use of the vehicle.

Why are you defending an organization that deliberately ignores dangerous issues with an old product to push a new product?  FYI, latency in the app has nothing to do with flight characteristics.
2018-6-7
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-7 11:19
Aside from dot answering the question, a drone hitting and obstacle and  falling out of the sky from 400 feet could easily kill someone.  VLOS isn't the problem here, DJI knowing of an existing issue and doing nothing to fix it is.

You are not getting my point:
You are claiming that latency makes drone flying unsafe. Why would that be?
If your screen doesn't work: Then you just look at the drone and steer it.
If you can't see your drone anymore - well, that's called BVLOS.

You need to learn that a screen or device has nothing to do with drone flying.
You can throw all these things away and still fly the drone safely.
2018-6-7
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-7 11:35
You are not getting my point:
You are claiming that latency makes drone flying unsafe. Why would that be?
If your screen doesn't work: Then you just look at the drone and steer it.

You're making a very big assumption to think I am subjected to your retarded FAA.  Additionally, I don't have a feature that I paid for.  Thirdly,  latency makes framing a coordinated shot impossible.  Believe it or not, some of us do more with drones than take terrible pictures of our neighborhoods.   If that's beyond your comprehension, you're clearly not qualified to answer the question to begin with.  Just another hack amateur hack carrying DJI's water and drone-copping your way around the internet.
2018-6-7
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-7 11:50
You're making a very big assumption to think I am subjected to your retarded FAA.  Additionally, I don't have a feature that I paid for.  Thirdly,  latency makes framing a coordinated shot impossible.  Believe it or not, some of us do more with drones than take terrible pictures of our neighborhoods.   If that's beyond your comprehension, you're clearly not qualified to answer the question to begin with.  Just another hack amateur hack carrying DJI's water and drone-copping your way around the internet.

Man - what a poor, little and frustrated person you are.
You are here only to rant and not to communicate in a civilized way.

I suggest you give up drone flying.
You don't understand it and for learning your intellect seems to be too limited.

Haters will be Haters!

Good Bye
2018-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So it's a pretty well know fact that DJI has failed to fix it's chronic latency issues in order to push people to buy CrystalSky.  My question is, how big will the lawsuits against DJI be when somebody gets hurt or even killed due to DJI's REFUSAL TO ADDRESS well known latency issues?
Nice attempt at a conspiracy theory but it doesn't stand up to intelligent thought.
What is a well known fact is that the DJI Go app is very demanding and latency is what you get when you try to run it on an inadequate phone or tablet.
You need something with a fast processor and graphics chip and a minimum of 2GB of RAM (more is better) and it runs perfectly.
The solution is simple - buy a suitable tablet and give up trying to run the app on a substandard one.
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha RENEGADE,

It is pretty obvious that you did not vote for Hillary and your Avatar and entire rant are propaganda.  Go somewhere else with your political and nonsensical rant.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't we all just get along?  
2018-6-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-7 16:26
Can't we all just get along?

Don't think so.  I got a bad feelin that this one ain't over yet.
2018-6-7
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-7 16:35
Don't think so.  I got a bad feelin that this one ain't over yet.

LOL.              
2018-6-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Virtually all of what you're referring to stems from DJI's (very bad) decision to tie their drones to iPhones and iPads. When you try to control a $1400 modern drone with a crappy, crashy bug-infested little video application on a crappy, crashy bug-infested little smart phone or tablet, what do you expect?

That's why I do not use GO 4 on my Mavic Pro or P4P at all. My machines run an older firmware that allows using just the DJI goggles - the goggles are far higher quality than a smart phone running GO 4, and they support at least a fair number of the features. I haven't hooked a phone up to either of my machines in months now.

So I'm afraid it's a kind of a rock and hard place type situation. DJI intentionally went with iOS and Android (and the associated cheezy hardware) to host an extremely hardware intensive application and, well, you're just seeing the effects of that (very bad) decision. DJI isn't the first outfit to hang their entire future on a crappy, crashy, bug-infested software/hardware platform and they won't be the last .

Meanwhile, the best fix is to get the DJI goggles and learn to fly FPV. That's really the only way to truly be able to control the machine and frame a shot with any confidence anyway. Trying to see an invisible smart phone in the midday sun gets old pretty fast and the goggles are probably the best solution to preserve your DJI drone investment....
2018-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-6-7 16:47
Virtually all of what you're referring to stems from DJI's (very bad) decision to tie their drones to iPhones and iPads. When you try to control a $1400 modern drone with a crappy, crashy bug-infested little video application on a crappy, crashy bug-infested little smart phone or tablet, what do you expect?

That's why I do not use GO 4 on my Mavic Pro or P4P at all. My machines run an older firmware that allows using just the DJI goggles - the goggles are far higher quality than a smart phone running GO 4, and they support at least a fair number of the features. I haven't hooked a phone up to either of my machines in months now.

Or you could just get a decent tablet and have no problems at all.
2018-6-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-7 17:19
Or you could just get a decent tablet and have no problems at all.

well, you just have a higher tolerance for garbage hardware/software, and a bigger pocketbook to buy it with, than most is all that means. Anyone who thinks that an additional outlay of $500 on up to be able to even partially use an investment of $1400 or more already made is a good idea is probably not budgeting very wisely in other areas too .
2018-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-6-7 17:53
well, you just have a higher tolerance for garbage hardware/software, and a bigger pocketbook to buy it with, than most is all that means. Anyone who thinks that an additional outlay of $500 on up to be able to even partially use an investment of $1400 or more already made is a good idea is probably not budgeting very wisely in other areas too .

well, you just have a higher tolerance for garbage hardware/software, and a bigger pocketbook to buy it with, than most is all that means. Anyone who thinks that an additional outlay of $500 on up to be able to even partially use an investment of $1400 or more already made is a good idea is probably not budgeting very wisely in other areas too
Except that what you're saying is garbage.  
I have a low tolerance for people that spout fiction to back up spurious claims and find that sticking to facts is a lot better.
For around $300 you can buy a great Android tablet that runs DJI Go 4 perfectly.
That kind of blows your "argument" out of the water.
2018-6-7
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-7 19:00
well, you just have a higher tolerance for garbage hardware/software, and a bigger pocketbook to buy it with, than most is all that means. Anyone who thinks that an additional outlay of $500 on up to be able to even partially use an investment of $1400 or more already made is a good idea is probably not budgeting very wisely in other areas too
I have a low tolerance for people that spout fiction to back up spurious claims and find that sticking to facts is a lot better.

For a little more than $300, though, you can buy the DJI goggles. These are superior to a crappy tablet in every conceivable way for operating a DJI drone. The FOV is enormous, the resolution is better, the firmware in it works with no stuttering, etc. and the latency is minimal even at 1080p. The firmware doesn't crash, and you have full visibility in midday sunlight. Better hardware, better software, better everything for operating a DJI drone and you can frame shots with much more precision than with your invisible, stuttering, locking up $300 crappy little tablet. And it's even made by the same folks - DJI.

So before you start telling people to spend more money to make their drones work, you should at least learn the right way to do it with the better solution yourself, before you start offering that advice. Just good common sense.
2018-6-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-7 19:00
well, you just have a higher tolerance for garbage hardware/software, and a bigger pocketbook to buy it with, than most is all that means. Anyone who thinks that an additional outlay of $500 on up to be able to even partially use an investment of $1400 or more already made is a good idea is probably not budgeting very wisely in other areas too

Is that brand for a new and one that is on their compatibility list? I know the Tab S2 works ok and the 9.7 is around that Well £300 (uk) but its names not down... second user is around the £200 mark and theses prices are if you dont want mobile data. The K1 is still ok but around the same price but only 8", there is only one Android tab thats on the list and thats is the Tab S, any problems with any other device and its always refer to a device off the list....
2018-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-7 19:24
Is that brand for a new and one that is on their compatibility list? I know the Tab S2 works ok and the 9.7 is around that Well £300 (uk) but its names not down... second user is around the £200 mark and theses prices are if you dont want mobile data. The K1 is still ok but around the same price but only 8", there is only one Android tab thats on the list and thats is the Tab S, any problems with any other device and its always refer to a device off the list....

Unfortunately DJI's list is far from comprehensive and rarely updated.
The Huawei M3 is a great tablet that runs DJI Go 4 flawlessly whether it's on their list or not.
My K1 is now just a backup device after trying the M3.
There are plenty of users reporting great performance with it and their new M5 tablet looks even better on paper but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
2018-6-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-7 19:54
Unfortunately DJI's list is far from comprehensive and rarely updated.
The Huawei M3 is a great tablet that runs DJI Go 4 flawlessly whether it's on their list or not.
My K1 is now just a backup device after trying the M3.

Thats my point, so if theres an issue with a tablet that can out perform JPL, if its not on the list support pretty much nails down to, try a supported device. To be honest, we should do a poll of which devices work for the DJI Go 4 app and then DJI would have a new list of devices they could test, even if they just picked the top 5 or even 3. I mean, theres 4 to 6 apple tablets and only 1 Android,the biasm really does not show too much lol ps, is biasm a word lol
2018-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-6-7 19:17
For a little more than $300, though, you can buy the DJI goggles. These are superior to a crappy tablet in every conceivable way for operating a DJI drone. The FOV is enormous, the resolution is better, the firmware in it works with no stuttering, etc. and the latency is minimal even at 1080p. The firmware doesn't crash, and you have full visibility in midday sunlight. Better hardware, better software, better everything for operating a DJI drone and you can frame shots with much more precision than with your invisible, stuttering, locking up $300 crappy little tablet. And it's even made by the same folks - DJI.

So before you start telling people to spend more money to make their drones work, you should at least learn the right way to do it with the better solution yourself, before you start offering that advice. Just good common sense.

you can frame shots with much more precision than with your invisible, stuttering, locking up $300 crappy little tablet.
Maybe the goggles are ok but that doesn't mean everything else is garbage.
My tablet is certainly not an invisible, stuttering, locking up $300 crappy little tablet.
You really do spout a lot of garbage.

So before you start telling people to spend more money to make their drones work, you should at least learn the right way to do it with the better solution yourself, before you start offering that advice.
Users of most Phantoms know they have to buy a tablet so I'm not telling people to spend more money to make their drones work.
Just countering the nonsense you're putting about with actual facts instead of dubious opinions of questionable veracity.
The tablet I use is of very high quality and has never locked up.
As I've said it performs flawlessly in serious professional use.
It also fits easily in my case and eliminates the need for me to purchase  additional expensive and bulky devices to make my drone work.
2018-6-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-6-7 19:17

'So before you start telling people to spend more money to make their drones work, you should at least learn the right way to do it with the better solution yourself, before you start offering that advice. Just good common sense.'

Perhaps you should practice what you preach. using goggles works for some people, but it does not work for everyone, a factor you are not even considering. Flying in confined spaces is near impossible while wearing goggles, you need to be aware of what is near the aircraft that it cannot see.
2018-6-7
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

luciens Posted at 2018-6-7 17:53
well, you just have a higher tolerance for garbage hardware/software, and a bigger pocketbook to buy it with, than most is all that means. Anyone who thinks that an additional outlay of $500 on up to be able to even partially use an investment of $1400 or more already made is a good idea is probably not budgeting very wisely in other areas too .

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 2gb of ram, have not had any problems with it, and its just a little over $200...https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-G ... L70_&dpSrc=srch
2018-6-7
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1296585 ft
Australia

Virtually all of what you're referring to stems from DJI's (very bad) decision to tie their drones to iPhones and iPads. When you try to control a $1400 modern drone with a crappy, crashy bug-infested little video application on a crappy, crashy bug-infested little smart phone or tablet, what do you expect?

That's why I do not use GO 4 on my Mavic Pro or P4P at all. My machines run an older firmware that allows using just the DJI goggles - the goggles are far higher quality than a smart phone running GO 4, and they support at least a fair number of the features. I haven't hooked a phone up to either of my machines in months now.

I must disagree with the iPad comment.

I am using an iPad Mini 4 with my P4P and also running DJI GS Pro and other 3rd party apps with no issues. Granted in my case, I am using the P4P a lot for agricultural mapping.

And if the sun is a problem, then use a sunshade, it works well for me.
2018-6-7
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-7 15:02
Aloha RENEGADE,

It is pretty obvious that you did not vote for Hillary and your Avatar and entire rant are propaganda.  Go somewhere else with your political and nonsensical rant.

Who I voted for doesn't have anything to do with the fact that DJI is dodging known issues that they created to push their own product.  You want a rant?  Bill Clinton is a rapist and DJI is too.
2018-6-7
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

DJI will not get one more red cent from me until they fix the app I pay for to fly my 4xphantoms, mavic, inspire 1 pro, 2xinspire 2s and my Matrice.
2018-6-7
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-7 15:02
Aloha RENEGADE,

And BTW, you're fake news, cuck.
2018-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-7 23:16
DJI will not get one more red cent from me until they fix the app I pay for to fly my 4xphantoms, mavic, inspire 1 pro, 2xinspire 2s and my Matrice.

DJI is dodging known issues that they created to push their own product.
There's nothing wrong with the app (except that it needs a decent tablet to run properly).
It's you that's dodging known information and pretending the app is at fault when the simple and well known solution is 100% up to you.
It's like listening to that guy that lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue continue to push conspiracy theories when they have been proven false and discredited many times over.

Just like you can't play or edit 4K video or play modern, graphics intensive games on an old clunker of a computer, you can't run DJI Go 4 on an inadequate tablet.
But it runs flawlessly on a good one.

DJI will not get one more red cent from me until they fix the app I pay for
btw ... How much did you pay for the app ??

2018-6-8
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-8 00:15
There's nothing wrong with the app (except that it needs a decent tablet to run properly).
It's you that's dodging known information and pretending the app is at fault when the simple and well known solution is 100% up to you.

My $1,050 iPad should run an app that my iPad mini did 3 months ago.
2018-6-8
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-8 00:15

I'm sorry that Trump has you soooooo butt-hurt that your judgement is clouded.  Pathetic betas like yourself obviously run DJI.
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-7 23:13
Who I voted for doesn't have anything to do with the fact that DJI is dodging known issues that they created to push their own product.  You want a rant?  Bill Clinton is a rapist and DJI is too.

Aloha RENEGADE,

See, I could not have said it more eloquently.  You are here only to make trouble, not resolve issues.  Everything you are and you are doing is designed to be disruptive.  Go bother someone else.  You cannot even solve your own problems.  You are useless and easy to see through.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-7 23:18
And BTW, you're fake news, cuck.

Aloha RENEGADE,

Not you though, you are bad news and sad news.  You cannot even help yourself.  Go bother someone else who can appreciate your sad, disruptive skills.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-8 00:43
Aloha RENEGADE,

See, I could not have said it more eloquently.  You are here only to make trouble, not resolve issues.  Everything you are and you are doing is designed to be disruptive.  Go bother someone else.  You cannot even solve your own problems.  You are useless and easy to see through.

Only a Hawaiian can pat them self on the back while making no sense. at all...while screaming 'global warming; as lava devours your yard.  I guess solutions to the original issue are beyond your pay-grade but just being a bitch, fluffing bulls for DJI is.
2018-6-8
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-8 00:43
Aloha RENEGADE,

See, I could not have said it more eloquently.  You are here only to make trouble, not resolve issues.  Everything you are and you are doing is designed to be disruptive.  Go bother someone else.  You cannot even solve your own problems.  You are useless and easy to see through.

lol.....mister 297.519.  Settle those noob tits.
2018-6-8
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-8 00:45
Aloha RENEGADE,

Not you though, you are bad news and sad news.  You cannot even help yourself.  Go bother someone else who can appreciate your sad, disruptive skills.

NEWS FLASH!  This is my thread.  You are spamming it with fake news and no solutions.  Go be an amateur pilot elsewhere.  I'm sure you can find a thread where they want a whipping boy for DJI.
2018-6-8
Use props
Starliner
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-8 00:45
Aloha RENEGADE,

You should spend more time working on your craft than wasting space on forums, noob.
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-8 00:51
lol.....mister 297.519.  Settle those noob tits.

Aloha RENEGADE,

So how many of your companies noob tits are yours.  Probably not much since you have incompetent written all over your posts.  I bet half of your birds do not even fly anymore so you have to try to blame it on DJI.

I would not let you anywhere near my birds.  You cannot even run an old app properly.

Go get a life.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-8 00:50
Only a Hawaiian can pat them self on the back while making no sense. at all...while screaming 'global warming; as lava devours your yard.  I guess solutions to the original issue are beyond your pay-grade but just being a bitch, fluffing bulls for DJI is.

Aloha RENEGADE,

Apparently I am cutting deep into your bitchy rant.  You appear to be loosing your edge.  Oh yeah, it is that incompetence again.  Sorry.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-8 00:58
NEWS FLASH!  This is my thread.  You are spamming it with fake news and no solutions.  Go be an amateur pilot elsewhere.  I'm sure you can find a thread where they want a whipping boy for DJI.

This thread belongs to anybody, and all those who correctly have identified you as a gold plated idiot will continue to bait you until DJI finally kick your sorry a*se off this forum. Keep it up, it won't be long.
2018-6-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules