Litchi App With Oculus Go Or Rift
5760 11 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
studlygoorite
lvl.1
Canada

Hi all,

Newbie here, I purchased the Mavic Pro and love my new hobby. I resently purchsed ND Filters and now the DJI Goggles, I would now like to create some 360 photos that I can look at with my Oculus Go or Rift. Before I purchase the Litchi App I was wondering if someome can send me or point me in the right direction to sample a 360 photo taken with the Mavic Pro and Litchi app to see if it would be worth it?

Thanks, John
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for purchasing our DJI products. The best combination for your Mavic Pro will be the DJI Go 4 application. The DJI Go 4 application is compatible in every way with the Mavic Pro.
2018-6-7
Use props
studlygoorite
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-7 12:23
Hi. Thank you for purchasing our DJI products. The best combination for your Mavic Pro will be the DJI Go 4 application. The DJI Go 4 application is compatible in every way with the Mavic Pro.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have been using the DJI Go App for months but wanted an easier way to automatically snap the 40 something photos you need for a 360 photo......and would like to experience the quality before I invest my time and money.   
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

studlygoorite Posted at 2018-6-7 12:27
Thanks for the quick reply, I have been using the DJI Go App for months but wanted an easier way to automatically snap the 40 something photos you need for a 360 photo......and would like to experience the quality before I invest my time and money.

Using either DJI GO 4 or Litchi is basically the same process both automatically take and can even stitch the 360 pano for you in the app itself or you can stitch them later using something like DJI Media maker which for me works really well.  I use both and find them both to be about equal as far as pano's go.  I mean how can it be easier than it already is by automatically taking all the photos for you and even stitching them immediately after?
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

These are 180 panos taken using DJI GO 4 and using media maker to stitch.  Everything automatic.

2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

One more thing.  For me I find the only reason to want to use Litchi over DJI GO 4 is the missions/waypoints are MUCH better using litchi.  But as far as Pano's and photo/video taking both are really the same as far as quality go.  
2018-6-7
Use props
studlygoorite
lvl.1

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 12:32
Using either DJI GO 4 or Litchi is basically the same process both automatically take and can even stitch the 360 pano for you in the app itself or you can stitch them later using something like DJI Media maker which for me works really well.  I use both and find them both to be about equal as far as pano's go.  I mean how can it be easier than it already is by automatically taking all the photos for you and even stitching them immediately after?

I did not know that, perfect and thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
studlygoorite
lvl.1

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 12:35
These are 180 panos taken using DJI GO 4 and using media maker to stitch.  Everything automatic.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Nice pics by the way, I will try a 360 photo with the DJI Go 4 on my Oculus without purchasing the Litchi....for now
2018-6-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I agree 100% with Sparks, Litchi's backbone is the ability to create pre-planned missions to precise parameters sitting at your PC/MAC while sloshing down your favorite beverage then automatically d/load to your device when connected via WiFi when you save the mission, saves a lot of hassle in the field. Litchi was the way to go before DJI introduced the Pano's in the Go4 App, which IMO works very well either by having the app stitch them for instant gratification or d/loading individual frames for post edit color correction and stitching by Media Maker. Uploading to DJI's SkyPixel will automatically inject the MetaData to make them interactive.
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

studlygoorite Posted at 2018-6-7 15:08
Nice pics by the way, I will try a 360 photo with the DJI Go 4 on my Oculus without purchasing the Litchi....for now

Just give it a shot.  They make it really easy.  Here is the key for a successful pano.  You absolutely need to be in manual settings.  Set your ISO to 100 and your exposure manual.  Now point all the way up and then turn your EV until it is 0.  Then turn your gimbal down about half way.  Now you will notice your EV will be in the minus and this is ok.  MUCH easier to correct under exposure than overexposure.  Also what happens is if you leave your exposure to auto it will adjust to each shot and then when you stitch it will not look right.  Trust me.  Let me know if you need me to link some YT tutorial videos for panos.  There is a bunch of them out there.  
2018-6-7
Use props
studlygoorite
lvl.1

Appreciate the feedback, I will absorb as much information as I can find and give it a go. If I can create beautiful photos like above, stand in them and look around in VR, this may very well be the best hobby I have ever had.
2018-6-7
Use props
studlygoorite
lvl.1

So I gave it a go but so far have been unsuccessful. I will try again tomorrow but I think I may have a compatibility issue with my Oculus Rift. The first two Pano's were 180 and horizontal and were not view able at all, the sphere mode turned out the best but not good enough. I found this info on the Oculus site and wonder if it has anything to do with it, maybe I need another app to create them...

Photos taken by the RICOH THETA and Google's Photo Sphere are confirmed to be compatible with Oculus 360 Photos. Any JPEG photos with either an equirectangular projection (recommended 4096x2048) or a cube map (recommended 1536x1536 per cube side) will render in the application.

Anyone in the know able to help here?
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules