How to fly a Military No Fly Zone
1435 5 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miller 65
lvl.1
United States

I’m still trying to figure out if I can fly my Mavic Pro on the beach and over the Gulf to take a few family pictures and footage of the clear waters. Im in Florida and the NFZ is Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field. I was going to call the control tower and just ask them if it would be ok. But even if they do I’ll have to use the token I have from DJI. It’s not as simple to get everything right when you don’t fly very much and im sure it’s aggravating to some people when a guy like me doesn’t have a clue. Thanks for the help.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for raising your concern to us. Let me help you with this issue. I will be posting a link from DJI ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe ). This link will be able to help you with all the inquiries, especially on the NFZ questions.
2018-6-7
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just took a look at DJI's NFZ for the area you want to fly in. If you are going to be on the beach there are no restrictions unless you are close to Destin Airport or Hubert Field. Everything is/are Warning/Enhanced Warning Zones, simple confirmation tick before flight should be all you need. You will need to notify the Airport ATC or Operations that you will be flying if you are within 5 miles of the airport(s).
Also check Be4UFly
2018-6-7
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use UAVFORECAST App. Ussually if you are below 89' you should have no problem.
2018-6-7
Use props
Miller 65
lvl.1

I’m on the end of Oakaloosa Island. Basically up against Eglin AFB Property. I east of Destin. Hurlburt Field is north west of me. I’m not sure how far but when the big planes, AC 130 and Ospreys take off heading south , they make a big left banking turn over the Gulf. They are miles out but it’s pretty cool. I just don’t want to get any visits by black, unmarked government vehicles. LOL!
2018-6-7
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

I think finding "clear waters" in the gulf is going to be your bigger challenge.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules