5617 56 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
camxwestdji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125942 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-6-8 07:02
Follow the instructions on the link below and upload your flight log once done post link back here
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Hey Suren,

I have uploaded the log of my final flight, would really appreciate any insight that can be provided from them.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2VAXZOIJX64NXE39J3R1/

Thanks!
Cameron
2018-6-9
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Everything looks good in the log, including satnav. Even the "weak signal" warning cannot justify what's happened. Which, yet again, proves the assumption that this is a bug in the MA's firmware that is the cause.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The only anomaly I see is for the last 4/5 seconds you see in your log you actually yawing the aircraft and also at the same time in video you can see at the same period you pushing elevator forward, these would in someway tally with aircraft movements.

The fact that your video stopped recording and FPV has disappeared would suggest as A CW suggested you lost signal.

I’m not sure if you managed to find your aircraft you could check the area of last coordinates. I would also ask what settings did you have loss of signal set to, I know many here are setting loss of signal to hover, if that was the case it would just hover until low battery and land.
2018-6-10
Use props
camxwestdji
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 06:13
The only anomaly I see is for the last 4/5 seconds you see in your log you actually yawing the aircraft and also at the same time in video you can see at the same period you pushing elevator forward, these would in someway tally with aircraft movements.

The fact that your video stopped recording and FPV has disappeared would suggest as A CW suggested you lost signal.

Yes, I searched the area thoroughly around the last known location. Its a difficult area though as it's mostly rooftops. Luckily the large building has a shopping mall in the lower section with lots of  glass roof, but  no sign of it there. It is also clearly marked with my name an number, so if it landed somewhere accessible there is a reasonable chance that someone would have given me a call now.

My settings were set to return to home in the case of signal loss. The log shows that the home point was set moments after take off and it had contact with 16 satellites so it should have been accurate.  I have lost connection a bunch of times in the past and the Air functioned flawlessly by flying itself back to me. Not this day though. :0(
2018-6-10
Use props
Bryant NorCal
lvl.2

What I dont get is that the video of the smart phone had a faint flight line shown (light grey) which the drone followed completely. So a quick reset of the app may have helped or somehow a weird flight path was programmed?!? I assume hitting the RTH button didn't help.
2018-6-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-9 03:02
You can see quite a bit of flashing on your gps clock on your device, just when your aircraft went off on its own , we are all aware that flying around and close to buildings can effect gps, but you would need to post logs to check this, I would be surprised if this was a compass problem flying so high, unless you flew over a metal roof, which I don’t see in your video.

it is weird.. i think it triggered Atti mode and it just started drifting around with the wind probably?  

i dont think the GPS was at fault here. watching his video i dont see much reason for GPS to be at fault most building are below the aircraft.. only 1 prominent building that could block or cause multipathing of the GPS close enough to the aircraft's location.  even if it did partially block or cause multipathing, it should cause the drone to widely drift around without if dropping out of GPS mode first and i dont see that error happening on that recorded screen

i dont think its compass either, for the same reasons you have said, even if metal roof below or anything around the distance is far enough that it wouldn't affect it.. in theory..

i dont know..

makes me not trust mavic air.....
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-16 13:53
it is weird.. i think it triggered Atti mode and it just started drifting around with the wind probably?  

i dont think the GPS was at fault here. watching his video i dont see much reason for GPS to be at fault most building are below the aircraft.. only 1 prominent building that could block or cause multipathing of the GPS close enough to the aircraft's location.  even if it did partially block or cause multipathing, it should cause the drone to widely drift around without if dropping out of GPS mode first and i dont see that error happening on that recorded screen

I've seen a lot worse with a Mavic Pro.....
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-16 13:53

i dont think the GPS was at fault here. watching his video i dont see much reason for GPS to be at fault most building are below the aircraft.. only 1 prominent building that could block or cause multipathing of the GPS close enough to the aircraft's location.  even if it did partially block or cause multipathing, it should cause the drone to widely drift around without if dropping out of GPS mode first and i dont see that error happening on that recorded screen

Just as many stories about other dji aircraft , I would go as far as to say that Mavic Air has by far the best record of all dji drones for crashing or getting lost, maybe it’s down to it not flying so far who knows.
2018-6-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-16 14:16
Just as many stories about other dji aircraft , I would go as far as to say that Mavic Air has by far the best record of all dji drones for crashing or getting lost, maybe it’s down to it not flying so far who knows.

all im saying is i have a stable mavic pro that isn't trying to kill itself or run away from me or act drunk...

i makes me worried if i go out and buy a mavic air that im going to have a drunken one flying itself into sh..t.
2018-6-16
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just took a look at your flight. Notice the anomaly in the speed command input from the RC (RED) compared to motor RPM (PURPLE) in the yellow box. Notice that RPM is consistent with speed input throught most of the flight until the very end. Something went wrong there.

2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-16 14:18
all im saying is i have a stable mavic pro that isn't trying to kill itself or run away from me or act drunk...

i makes me worried if i go out and buy a mavic air that im going to have a drunken one flying itself into sh..t.

Well I can tell you this much many many more Mavics drunk and ended up in the s##t, but I expect soon they will be half their initial price so if you lose one easy to pick up another one cheap"
2018-6-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-16 14:20
Just took a look at your flight. Notice the anomaly in the speed command input from the RC (RED) compared to motor RPM (PURPLE) in the yellow box. Notice that RPM is consistent with speed input throught most of the flight until the very end. Something went wrong there.

[view_image]

....wat about the angle of the dangle..?    why does it float around sideways like that..?  
2018-6-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-16 14:23
Well I can tell you this much many many more Mavics drunk and ended up in the s##t, but I expect soon they will be half their initial price so if you lose one easy to pick up another one cheap"

im probably not going to get another mavic pro 1st gen for same reason im holding out for a mavic air until things at least seem better   .. i'm kinda afraid im going to get a drunken one that does its own thing and ends up eating sh..t.

ya i got a mavic pro after my spark..but after my spark experience, anything was better haha... so i wasn't as concerned about the gamble back then..because my sparks were sh..t
2018-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-16 14:27
im probably not going to get another mavic pro 1st gen for same reason im holding out for a mavic air until things at least seem better   .. i'm kinda afraid im going to get a drunken one that does its own thing and ends up eating sh..t.

ya i got a mavic pro after my spark..but after my spark experience, anything was better haha... so i wasn't as concerned about the gamble back then..because my sparks were sh..t

I would wait for MPP I think it will get a nice drop in price, and most who own or have owned have only good things to say about it. I got one of the first Mavic Pro great craft s##t camera but I still love flying it and when the light is good and the horizon is not tilted footage is not so bad, but I think I will never sell it.
2018-6-16
Use props
camxwestdji
lvl.1
Sweden

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-16 14:20

[view_image]

Thanks for taking a look QuadKid! I didn't know that the extra control info was in the log. Super interesting! What tool are you using to plot this data?
2018-6-18
Use props
camxwestdji
lvl.1
Sweden

Great news! I have heard back from DJI support and they have said that my incident has been confirmed as a warranty case and they will send out a replacement! Hooray!!!

I honestly didn't hold much hope for a replacement, so it's great that DJI are standing up to look after their customers (in this case at least). Very refreshing to see. Thanks DJI!

Thanks a million for all the help you folk on the forum have provided. It's very much appreciated! Great to see a strong community here and so many people willing to spend the time and help out. I hope to return the favor some day.

Looking forward to flying again soon!
2018-6-18
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

camxwestdji Posted at 2018-6-18 11:28
Thanks for taking a look QuadKid! I didn't know that the extra control info was in the log. Super interesting! What tool are you using to plot this data?

This program was developed by a great contributing forum member JJBsparks, as I understand it he is working on an updated version and will be releasing it here in the forum once completed.
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules