DJI GO 4.2.20 (8-jun-18)
4883 57 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueWolf
lvl.1
Sweden

Oh neat. Just pulled in the update on my phone (Oneplus 6, running Android 8.1) and now the app straight up doesn't start anymore. I see a splash for about half a second and it then disappears. Clearing data/cache doesn't help, it's pretty bad.

Android users (with Oreo?), be aware..
2018-6-9
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone have the apk to share for Android?
2018-6-9
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

I tested 4.2.20 on a mini ipad 4, everything looks ok.

Except for :

The offline maps option is gone.
Still the green layer on the maps here in the Netherlands (you cannot switch it off).

Can somebody confirm there is a offline maps option on the IOS device with the 4.2.16 version ?

I see it on the Android with 4.2.16 and the CS 4.2.16.

2018-6-9
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

BlueWolf Posted at 2018-6-9 01:10
Oh neat. Just pulled in the update on my phone (Oneplus 6, running Android 8.1) and now the app straight up doesn't start anymore. I see a splash for about half a second and it then disappears. Clearing data/cache doesn't help, it's pretty bad.

Android users (with Oreo?), be aware..

So did it come out on Android now as well?  
2018-6-9
Use props
BlueWolf
lvl.1
Sweden

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-9 05:39
So did it come out on Android now as well?

Yep, I have 4.2.20 here. I tried removing all data, rebooting, reinstalling the app but it just simple refuses to start though.

"DJI Go 4 keeps stopping."
2018-6-9
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can't believe this happened to me too on 4.2.16.
Send me the Update for 4.2.20 already!
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

SubUser Posted at 2018-6-9 04:44
I tested 4.2.20 on a mini ipad 4, everything looks ok.

Except for :

I don't remember there ever being an Offline Maps option in the DJI GO 4 app on iOS, but would like to know if it was there and I just never noticed it...
2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Having flown with the 4.2.20 iOS update a little on iOS 11.4, I can say they do seem to have fixed Precision Takeoff / Landing...

I almost always do a precision takeoff with my MA, but lately the landing was a bit of a joke, as it would not be precise in the slightest, usually landing 10-12ft away! Sometimes it would adjust itself during decent and land properly, but it was VERY hit and miss, with emphasis on miss.

Yesterday's flights were all precision takeoffs, and every single landing was precise and flawless, so maybe I can at least scratch that off the bug list!
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-12 09:11
I don't remember there ever being an Offline Maps option in the DJI GO 4 app on iOS, but would like to know if it was there and I just never noticed it...

Yeah I do not think there was for IOS but I could be wrong?  Either way you can download the map ahead of time.  Start at 3:44 for IOS.  
2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 09:29
Yeah I do not think there was for IOS but I could be wrong?  Either way you can download the map ahead of time.  Start at 3:44 for IOS.  

Thanks for the tip! This is actually what I did yesterday when I flew with my iPP 10.5 w/MavMount, but the only thing I did differently is before starting the flight, I hooked up to my iPX via Personal Hotspot, then went into GO 4 and Map view, downloaded the data, then went to Control Centre and killed Wi-Fi, and voila, had my maps!

They held for all my flights, but since I didn't exit GO 4 at anytime after caching the data, don't know if it got wiped out or stuck around between sessions. Will have to see if that works now.
On a side note, I see that GO 4 v4.2.20 is a BATTERY HOG!! I flew thru 2 batteries on my iPP 10.5, starting with 94% battery, and after the flights it was down to 50%!!! And this iPP is only a month old, and I do usually get days of battery life out of a single charge, so GO 4 is BAD in battery on iPP!

Cheers
2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 09:29
Yeah I do not think there was for IOS but I could be wrong?  Either way you can download the map ahead of time.  Start at 3:44 for IOS.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=245&v=zjkDix4DnR4

The other thing I just noticed about the video you linked, is in the GO 4 Android app, it's using Nokia HERE as the mapping provider, so would explain why it has the offline options...

On iOS, DJI switched to using the native Apple Maps, and as AMAPS has no offline download abilities, this could explain why the option doesn't exist on iOS, at least not yet.

If DJI changes the iOS version to use Nokia HERE, we should see Offline Mapping arrive on iOS.
2018-6-12
Use props
Freznel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47933 ft

I updated to 4.2.20 and now my video has completely fails every time I lift off.  I get the aircraft disconnected error even if on the ground I am connected.  This occurs if I am 5 feet or 20 feet away from the drone.

I still have RC control and GPS lock so it looks like it is a software / firmware update issue.

Several times I had full on disconnects when the drone is in the air.  At least the drone came down to 5 feet so that I could grab it and get control of it.  I did have an auto RTH issue due to the full lose of control.  It did not raising to the 60 m and almost crashed into a hill.  I was lucky and was able to reconnect to the drone just before it crashed and I was able to cancel RTH and get manual control of it.  Very scary.

I had an issue today when I updated the drone firmware and then un-installed / re-installed the android software.  Once I took off, the video started to look like it was a scramble TV show from the 80s as well as being very laggy.  After that occurred, I got an error with the Aircraft Disconnected.  I still had RC control and was able to safely land.

I called DJI and they opened a case since this was "the first time they had heard of the issue".  They wanted me to send the drone in which made no sense since it is obviously a software issue based on the above comments.

I am going to ground my drone until I see a software and firmware update.  I don't need to lose such an expensive item.

2018-6-12
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Freznel Posted at 2018-6-12 16:13
I updated to 4.2.20 and now my video has completely fails every time I lift off.  I get the aircraft disconnected error even if on the ground I am connected.  This occurs if I am 5 feet or 20 feet away from the drone.

I still have RC control and GPS lock so it looks like it is a software / firmware update issue.

You are not alone in these complaints.

Preview Lag
2018-6-12
Use props
RodgerBru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135840 ft
Canada

For my part, since the update to version 4.2.20 on my Essential Phone (Android 8.1), the application continues to crash at the opening. I erased the contents of the application's caches and settings, tried to uninstall and reinstall it. It does not even start. So I reinstalled version 4.2.16 and everything works normally. Hoping that DJI brings the fixes quickly.
2018-6-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RodgerBru Posted at 2018-6-13 04:14
For my part, since the update to version 4.2.20 on my Essential Phone (Android 8.1), the application continues to crash at the opening. I erased the contents of the application's caches and settings, tried to uninstall and reinstall it. It does not even start. So I reinstalled version 4.2.16 and everything works normally. Hoping that DJI brings the fixes quickly.

same thing......have to roll back 4.2.16 for PH-1. If DJI GO app is installed, have to uninstall it too...and reinstall. It'll FC with the DJI Go 4
2018-6-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Freznel Posted at 2018-6-12 16:13
I updated to 4.2.20 and now my video has completely fails every time I lift off.  I get the aircraft disconnected error even if on the ground I am connected.  This occurs if I am 5 feet or 20 feet away from the drone.

You seem to have experienced the exact same level of "service" I did when I contacted DJI with my issues, which were purely software / firmware related, and they wouldn't even talk to me, all they kept regurgitating was "send us your drone". I closed the case and gave them some choice words on the support survey they sent.

My dealings with DJI support has been the anti-thesis of support, deplorable.

In your situation, I would sync all the flight logs to the cloud, uninstall the DJI GO 4 app, reboot your iOS device, then re-install the app, log back into your DJI account, re-sync your logs, and see if it improves anything. Some people here have reported having the situation resolved following these steps, without the need to send in your drone for needless repairs.

Cheers and good luck!
2018-6-14
Use props
desel
lvl.2
Czechia

Does anybody problem with different ratio then 16:9 in DJI GO 4.2.20 ? like in picture (live view is not on full screen)
I have a problem from version DJI GO 4.2.16
Live view work on full scren only in old versions DJI GO
2018-6-14
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-14 08:38
You seem to have experienced the exact same level of "service" I did when I contacted DJI with my issues, which were purely software / firmware related, and they wouldn't even talk to me, all they kept regurgitating was "send us your drone". I closed the case and gave them some choice words on the support survey they sent.

My dealings with DJI support has been the anti-thesis of support, deplorable.

If all of us who are experiencing the same problems after the firmware update do what DJI wants (send the drone back), DJI will have no more storage.
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules