Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Cannot Load Firmware List
3094 23 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RemusK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

Hello!

I downloaded the latest DJI assistant för v2.0 and connected the new drone to computer.
The calibraton went fine but when I try to see the firmware list I get: Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry.
I tried but with no help.

/Remus
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize if you're having issues with your DJI Assistant 2. Can you try to install the app from this link? For Windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... r+Phantom+2.0.0.exe ; For Apple: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... r+Phantom+2.0.0.pkg
2018-6-8
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-8 07:35
Hello. We apologize if you're having issues with your DJI Assistant 2. Can you try to install the app from this link? For Windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20180510/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Phantom+2.0.0.exe ; For Apple: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20180510/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Phantom+2.0.0.pkg

I have already installed that one. With the one from the 4 Pro download page the drone did not connect at all.
After I search after version 2.0 on the page I manage to get to the downloads for it and the new assistant was there.
I have uninstalled the old one and installed the new one. The firmware list does not show/refresh.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RemusK Posted at 2018-6-8 07:50
I have already installed that one. With the one from the 4 Pro download page the drone did not connect at all.
After I search after version 2.0 on the page I manage to get to the downloads for it and the new assistant was there.
I have uninstalled the old one and installed the new one. The firmware list does not show/refresh.

I see. Have you tried to restart your computer? How about trying to use a different cable? Is there a way for you to use a different computer?
2018-6-8
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

I will restart the computer and use another cable.
2018-6-8
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

Tested both but same result. The firmware list does not show up.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RemusK Posted at 2018-6-8 08:41
Tested both but same result. The firmware list does not show up.

Sorry for the trouble. For the issue "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry." warning is shown on the firmware screen. The reason why this warning appeared is that the firmware version of the currently shipped out Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is the latest, and no firmware for it is available in DJI Assistant 2. A new firmware version is expected to be released in June. At that time, the latest version can be accessed in DJI Assistant 2.

2018-6-8
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-8 09:20
Sorry for the trouble. For the issue "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry." warning is shown on the firmware screen. The reason why this warning appeared is that the firmware version of the currently shipped out Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is the latest, and no firmware for it is available in DJI Assistant 2. A new firmware version is expected to be released in June. At that time, the latest version can be accessed in DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks for the input
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RemusK Posted at 2018-6-8 12:48
Thanks for the input

You are most welcome.
2018-6-8
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Curious to OP, can you see your flight records in Assistant 2 for Phantom?  I noticed the no firmware read issue a while back, got the same answer from DJI, which IMO is a bit strange.  It should still show the base firmware and say no firmware update available.  

However besides that, I can't get the software to look at any of the flight data, mainly the .DAT records.  These are important for warranty and figuring errors/issues.  

I connect every time, both on PC or Mac, but can't read anything from the drone.  

Paul Caldwell
2018-6-8
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing seems to have worked on the release of V2
2018-6-8
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

paul2660 Posted at 2018-6-8 17:08
Curious to OP, can you see your flight records in Assistant 2 for Phantom?  I noticed the no firmware read issue a while back, got the same answer from DJI, which IMO is a bit strange.  It should still show the base firmware and say no firmware update available.  

However besides that, I can't get the software to look at any of the flight data, mainly the .DAT records.  These are important for warranty and figuring errors/issues.  

I tried to read the dat files, but with no success. The calibrations works fine in Assistant 2.
The drone flies nice
The images and movies are perfect
2018-6-8
Use props
fotoMojoRon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 564511 ft
United States

I received my V2 yesterday, nothing but problems.  Thanks to this post, found the correct app version. Same here now recognizes my drone but no firmware found. calibration works! Just need to fly it and record some vids and take pics and test dat file. Got hung up on DJI support yesterday afternoon. All they sent me were links to youtube vids in the chat window, WTF!!! So why is it so hard to put assistant V2.0 on the links of the phantom downloads? I even told the tech I downloaded, installed, reinstalled V 1.2.4, like that should have been the first thing he should have corrected me and sent the link for the V2.0. This morning as soon as I turn on my controller, I had issues, had to research that, simple controller calibration issue but more time researching and headaches! This is my third drone from DJI. P4, P4 pro, now pro V2. No issues with the past two. DJI really screwing the pooch with this one!
2018-6-9
Use props
fansb3d4e591
Poland

I completely agree. My controller also out of the sudden started beeping for calibration. Had a lot of other issues and looks like I am going to need to return it. Installing Assistant 2 and getting the firmware updated, as advised by support, was pretty useless, because the Assistant does not show any firmware list, like in your case. My issue was the "No batteries detected" error, which proved to be mechanical issue, it seems, rather than firmware. Maybe one should wait a few months after the new model gets tested by the other unfortunate early buyers.
2018-6-10
Use props
Yourdroneguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1032638 ft

fotoMojoRon Posted at 2018-6-9 07:22
I received my V2 yesterday, nothing but problems.  Thanks to this post, found the correct app version. Same here now recognizes my drone but no firmware found. calibration works! Just need to fly it and record some vids and take pics and test dat file. Got hung up on DJI support yesterday afternoon. All they sent me were links to youtube vids in the chat window, WTF!!! So why is it so hard to put assistant V2.0 on the links of the phantom downloads? I even told the tech I downloaded, installed, reinstalled V 1.2.4, like that should have been the first thing he should have corrected me and sent the link for the V2.0. This morning as soon as I turn on my controller, I had issues, had to research that, simple controller calibration issue but more time researching and headaches! This is my third drone from DJI. P4, P4 pro, now pro V2. No issues with the past two. DJI really screwing the pooch with this one!

Please see my thread titled: Firmware/Calibration Issues
2018-6-12
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

fotoMojoRon Posted at 2018-6-9 07:22
I received my V2 yesterday, nothing but problems.  Thanks to this post, found the correct app version. Same here now recognizes my drone but no firmware found. calibration works! Just need to fly it and record some vids and take pics and test dat file. Got hung up on DJI support yesterday afternoon. All they sent me were links to youtube vids in the chat window, WTF!!! So why is it so hard to put assistant V2.0 on the links of the phantom downloads? I even told the tech I downloaded, installed, reinstalled V 1.2.4, like that should have been the first thing he should have corrected me and sent the link for the V2.0. This morning as soon as I turn on my controller, I had issues, had to research that, simple controller calibration issue but more time researching and headaches! This is my third drone from DJI. P4, P4 pro, now pro V2. No issues with the past two. DJI really screwing the pooch with this one!

The version of assistant is Vr 2.0.0.  This will install as "Assistant 2 for Phantom" on your Mac or PC.  It's a totally different piece of software.  

It's on the downloads portion of the main DJI website for the P4 Pro Vr 2.0.  

Once you install it, the Drone should connect, but per DJI since only the base firmware is currently installed, the program won't show it, and asks you to retry.  (stupid prompt, and should be written with different verbiage IMO).  

You may need to update battery firmware, but you can do that via the djigo4 app.

My P4 Vr 2.0, connects, but that's it.  I can't look at flight data, logs etc.  Others have been able to.  I have tried on both Mac and PC.

IMO, software is buggy and should have been tested a bit more.  Never had similar issues with P4, Mavic or Spark on Assistant 2.  But I never purchased at the beginning of a new product before.

Paul Caldwell
2018-6-13
Use props
helivantaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25425932 ft
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-8 09:20
Sorry for the trouble. For the issue "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry." warning is shown on the firmware screen. The reason why this warning appeared is that the firmware version of the currently shipped out Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is the latest, and no firmware for it is available in DJI Assistant 2. A new firmware version is expected to be released in June. At that time, the latest version can be accessed in DJI Assistant 2.

Natalia i have another issue with my phantom 4 pro v2. When i turn on the radio control and then the phantom 4 pro v2 they don't get linked, i have to turn on the radio control and the phantom several times until the get linked.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

helivantaerial Posted at 2018-6-21 05:23
Natalia i have another issue with my phantom 4 pro v2. When i turn on the radio control and then the phantom 4 pro v2 they don't get linked, i have to turn on the radio control and the phantom several times until the get linked.

Hello. Is there an error message showing up on the screen? It is first recommended user to restart the remote controller, then after 10 seconds turned it back on. If the phenomenon of a repeated reboot cannot be solved, it may be a hardware connection problem. It is recommended to send the remote controller to our facility for diagnosis and repair.
2018-6-21
Use props
Abuzz Aerial
lvl.1
United States

I had to exchange my 2.0 because I needed to do a firmware refresh for multiple problems I was having and I could take no action.  Everyone I spoke to on the DJI support team had no clue that there is no firmware posted for the 2.0, it's very worrying how little info they had to be honest. I had to get all my info from these forums.
2018-6-21
Use props
SpaceDesign
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176496 ft
Ireland

paul2660 Posted at 2018-6-13 04:31
The version of assistant is Vr 2.0.0.  This will install as "Assistant 2 for Phantom" on your Mac or PC.  It's a totally different piece of software.  

It's on the downloads portion of the main DJI website for the P4 Pro Vr 2.0.  

Hi Paul

There is an issue with Assistant 2 and the Phathom 4 Pro V2.0 accessing the flight logs. There is a constant scrolling wheel on my Mac in Data Upload.

That said, I found a workaround to get the flight logs from my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and DJI Assistant 2, latest version on to my computer which is an Apple Mac.

When in Assistant a disk mounts on my desktop with the flight logs inside.  If I go into this, and view as list via the Mac Finder menu, I can see the flight logs and date / time.  If I drag the log file to the mac, you will know it won't copy, but if I drag it into the Assistant App Data Upload window, a save dialog box appears and I can save my Log to the Mac HD, it takes a few moments, and you can see the file size change as it transfers via USB to the Mac.

Hope this might help some of you.

I can open Data Viewer and open these logs from my Mac HD.
2018-6-22
Use props
GSO_Drone_Dad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238504 ft

I too am having this issue, and hoped to find a solution through this thread. Did anybody find a work around or solution?
2018-8-30
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

GSO_Drone_Dad Posted at 2018-8-30 04:47
[view_image]

I too am having this issue, and hoped to find a solution through this thread. Did anybody find a work around or solution?

When you update the firmware for the first time you will see then the list.
2018-8-30
Use props
GSO_Drone_Dad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238504 ft
United States

How can I update the firmware if I don't see any within the Assistant? Does that make sense?
2018-8-31
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Sweden

GSO_Drone_Dad Posted at 2018-8-31 05:00
How can I update the firmware if I don't see any within the Assistant? Does that make sense?

I updated mine through the DJI Go app.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules