2269 8 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Usually when you have an idea in your mind you have to wait patiently to produce it, but there are those moments when the opportunity to capture something epic comes instantly during your trip. For these epic moments the Mavic Air is my nr.1 travel companion. It's portability, top notch camera and the time in which I set it up and get up in the air opens up the possibility to immortalise an epic moment. Recently I became fascinated by wildlife photography with my drones. The majority of my trips are by car this way I'm constantly looking for wild animals present on hills,pasture,mountanins be it on terrain or in flight. My future wife is also helping me out to spot awesome moments. Tip: As I've said several times, having someone with you a "Spotter" might help you not only to constantly keep an eye on your drone but might spot something which ignored your attention.
Let's talk about my first pic and how I shot it! It was a pretty difficult job to capture the storks. First of all I didn't wanted to scare them, from this point of view the Mavic Airs size helped a lot, compared to Phantom 4 Pro for example.

I'm sure every country has it's traditional wildlife animals. A long awaited moment for me was to capture stork in their natural habitat during daytime. Tip: When birds are stationary on the ground fly above them from a height of 70 meters, reach the height from a distance not so far from you and approach them. As soon as you arrive above them slowly start descending, don't make sudden moves. The photo was shot from about a height of 10 meters. The picture has been cropped so that the viewer can see the storks in detail. This technique turned out to work the best for me. Capturing them from a different angle wouldn't work out because of the size of their size.
Note: Do not fly or try to capture pictures of predator birds. It's not safe!!!

"Stork Family"

In Transylvania (Romania) storks are considered as traditional animals, villagers prepare their nest on the chimney of their house.

So, you spotted your subject, got your drone airborne and took the shot. What’s next? Don’t forget to make a 360 degree turn and check out if you can find anything else, interesting in the landscape. Even a radius of 200m offers a lot of interesting spots that can not be seen from the ground. Tip: When recording video always shoot in 4K resolution you never know what can be used afterwards (example the first image of the thread is a photo grabbed from the video). Taking a screen grab results in a 8 megapixel photo. You can not compare it with a raw file but it’s pretty decent to use on social media.

Let me show you what I have captured after I got the picture with the Stork family. Creating something epic from an ordinary scenery is the most challenging task. Don’t get me wrong i really liked the original picture I shot with the country road and the beautiful sky&clouds. Don’t hesitate to let your creativity go WILD. Put your imagination to work and transform the "common" into "fantasy". With the help of photoshop I edited the picture, resulting in an inception like effect.

"Countryside Inception"

Original photo:

Nature surpises me all the time. This picture has also been shot in the radius of 200m.

"Army of trees before battle"

Hope you liked my little article and got useful tips. Don't hesitate to ask questions! Thumbs up! ;)

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-6-8
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is great. Thanks for sharing.
2018-6-8
Use props
jacksonnai