2900 31 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've recently been carrying my Mavic Air in the FlyMoreCombo shoulder bag.  The reason is that i didn't feel that my larger hard case was necessary because I am just going from the car to my desk, or from the car to the park to fly.  No extra protection was necessary.  This is only the 2nd time I've used the FMC case, and the first time I've used it for more than 1 day.Here is the thing.  When I was putting the air back in the case today, I noticed that the props on the bottom (which are the rear legs) were bending slightly as the aircraft was put in the case.  I took it back out, and tried to make sure that they were straight, and tried to place it in again.  Again the props were twisting/bending.  I took the aircraft out of the case, and inspected the propellers.  Both of the propellers on the rear legs were twisted more than the front legs.  The picture below shows that when the blades are sitting even the tips are no longer at the same angle.(first tip is bent down)   3 of them are straight, but one of them is bent.  
IMG_20180608_145656.jpg

This picture is the format in which i'm supposed to pack the bag, and this is what i've done.
IMG_20180608_144145.jpg
So my question is this:  Will this minor twist in the end of the blade make a difference in flight?  Should I be concerned about this bend?  

I've taken the propellers off of the aircraft now, and letting them sit by themselves.  There are no cracks or tears in the blades.  I'll more than likely switch all of them when I get home, with one of the spare sets, just to be safe.  And I'll be using my larger case because I'm more comfortable with the placement in the case.  Is my FMC Shoulder bag a one off, or do others who use this bag see this problem as well?
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

We do apologize for the inconvenience that issue has made. To be safe please try to use different propellers on your Mavic Air on your next flight so the Mavic Air will be balanced while on a flight.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-8 11:34
We do apologize for the inconvenience that issue has made. To be safe please try to use different propellers on your Mavic Air on your next flight so the Mavic Air will be balanced while on a flight.

Yeah, I am going to replace the props, but I still would like to know if this an expected side effect of using the case.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 11:37
Yeah, I am going to replace the props, but I still would like to know if this an expected side effect of using the case.

The case should protect the drone and the accessories inside the case during transport. It should not damage or bent the propellers of the drone.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-8 11:48
The case should protect the drone and the accessories inside the case during transport. It should not damage or bent the propellers of the drone.

Then I have a problem.  Please take a look at

each time i put the aircraft in the space the props bend.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-8 11:48

Stephen, Thank you for looking into it, but you don't have to continue.  I won't be using the bag as i have a case that is different, and offers me, what I feel like, is a better option.
I just wanted to know if it is expected or not.
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 12:06
Then I have a problem.  Please take a look at this video

EEEK!

That's kinda painful to watch!

I use the exact same bag, so now I'm gonna check that out when I get home later tonight!
2018-6-8
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

Why are your props so far out to the side? Mine are inline with the legs.
2018-6-8
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488484 ft
United States

Looks to me like the props are getting hung up on the gimbal cover tabs, fold your front legs  first, then the back ones taking care to align them so they do not stick off to the side like they are in that video.
2018-6-8
Use props
fansf66cf488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27703 ft
United Kingdom

Can you not use the protective case the MA came in and put the case in the bag?
2018-6-8
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

I have been using the flymore case since I got the air in February and have had no issues. The way the props are bending is strange because there is plenty of room in the case that I have. The dividers for the controller and the air is just Velcroed in place and may need to be moved closer to the controller to give more room for the air.
2018-6-8
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Use the case all the time. Your props seem to stick out quite far, maybe you are not folding the legs in properly?
2018-6-8
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Ok, I looked at my bag and I think your divider for the remote controller is in the wrong place. Mine seems further back which creates more space for the drone.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neal McGuire Posted at 2018-6-8 12:45
Why are your props so far out to the side? Mine are inline with the legs.

The props won't stay lined up unless I hold them still.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thoarax Posted at 2018-6-8 13:37
Looks to me like the props are getting hung up on the gimbal cover tabs, fold your front legs  first, then the back ones taking care to align them so they do not stick off to the side like they are in that video.

They aren't stuck on the gimbal cover tabs.  but that is where they stop when they rotate inward.

I always fold the front legs in and then the back legs.  I figured that out because if i fold the back legs in first, the props get stuck on the rear feet and it doesn't close unless i push the rear legs down a bit.

Do your props stay still when you close the legs?  mine don't.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf66cf488 Posted at 2018-6-8 14:19
Can you not use the protective case the MA came in and put the case in the bag?

Yes, I can, but if i'm going to do that, I may as well carry the hard case.  
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 2018-6-8 15:25
I have been using the flymore case since I got the air in February and have had no issues. The way the props are bending is strange because there is plenty of room in the case that I have. The dividers for the controller and the air is just Velcroed in place and may need to be moved closer to the controller to give more room for the air.

Good to know.  I bought my hard case at the same time as I bought the Air, so I have only used the FMC case 1 time before now. all other times, it has been in the hard case.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cspain Posted at 2018-6-8 16:21
Ok, I looked at my bag and I think your divider for the remote controller is in the wrong place. Mine seems further back which creates more space for the drone.

I'll take the dividers out and see if it makes a difference.  Thanks.  but unless it goes well on the first go 'round, It's likely that i'll be using the hard case though.   To be honest, it's not that big of a deal.  I just wanted to know if it was to be expected or not.
2018-6-8
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 16:55
The props won't stay lined up unless I hold them still.

I did some playing around putting the drone in and out of the case. I found if you hold it at the end, the props tend to splay out. If you hold it in the middle they tend to stay aliened. The aliened props don't snagged in the manner that was shown in the video.

But, it is apparent that care needs to be taken taking the drone in and out of the case.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neal McGuire Posted at 2018-6-8 17:20
I did some playing around putting the drone in and out of the case. I found if you hold it at the end, the props tend to splay out. If you hold it in the middle they tend to stay aliened. The aliened props don't snagged in the manner that was shown in the video.

But, it is apparent that care needs to be taken taking the drone in and out of the case.

I found that moving the controller divider further to the left gave me a little more room so the right side has more space. Thanks.  
2018-6-8
Use props
HoosierT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93219 ft
United States

Either way I don’t think you’d have an issue. Centrifugal force will force the props into a normal position. Just my opinion but I wouldn’t trash those props.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HoosierT Posted at 2018-6-8 17:50
Either way I don’t think you’d have an issue. Centrifugal force will force the props into a normal position. Just my opinion but I wouldn’t trash those props.

see...  i do tech.  not science.  that's what i wasn't sure about.
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 17:55

@3-D,

I just had a look at my FMC bag, as the dividers are in the same position as when I bought the MA, and sure enough, it was a tad snug, and on occasion, the rear prop blades would get stuck coming out on the inner liner, but not as much as yours.

But an easy way to eliminate that, and it just takes a bit of practice, is to pull out the drone by the gimbal end first, in a kind of gliding motion. I find doing this, the drone comes out MUCH easier any way you slice it, and protects the blades altogether.

My 2 cents,

Cheers
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-8 21:46
@3-D,

I just had a look at my FMC bag, as the dividers are in the same position as when I bought the MA, and sure enough, it was a tad snug, and on occasion, the rear prop blades would get stuck coming out on the inner liner, but not as much as yours.

I appreciate that.   With taking all of the dividers out and positioning them again, things fit better for me.  
I took a little bit of a chance and took a short flight with the props that were shown in the picture.  The flight was ok, and maybe i was looking for problems, but it i saw a little wobble on the ascent.  Props are cheap, so i'll replace them just for my peace of mind

Thanks for checking though.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This little pouch will keep your MavAir pristine in any bag or case, although designed for Mavic Pro Air fits in fine it’s furlined so no scratches protects from scratches and costs a whopping $7 on the dji store, I bought 5 of them they are great for carrying lots of stuff like camera lens  Crystalsky etc.

https://m.dji.com/product/mavic-aircraft-sleeve
2018-6-9
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

Personally, I think you are worrying about nothing.
2018-6-9
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 17:55

Tech is science. The props should be parallel to the body. My drone is in that case all the time and never bends the props like that.
2018-6-9
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 12:06
Then I have a problem.  Please take a look at this video

BROOOO ur putting the drone in the wrong way.. the back of it should be facing the remote controller holder
edit: nvm just checked, its in the right way. but for me, it requires alot less force when putting the drone's front facing away from the remote
2018-6-9
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

Just checked mine, and the props don't even touch the sides of the bag, so no bending.  I can put the it in either way around too with no issue, so not sure what's going on with yours.
2018-6-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all.  It fits better once i've moved the inserts a little.  I just have to be more careful when putting the drone in.
2018-6-9
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I use to keep drone in their own bags and the combo bag for all accessories. Have to carry 2 but peace mind.
2018-6-10
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-6-10 19:48
I use to keep drone in their own bags and the combo bag for all accessories. Have to carry 2 but peace mind.

Peace of mind is what is important.  and that is why i'm using the hard case now.  It isn't in the way for me,  If I get into a situation where I absolutely need to reduce space as much as possible, I'll use the FMC case and the separate Mavic case, but for now, the single hard case is good.
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules