Please Help - P4A flipped over and crashed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
afprette1987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97123 ft

United States

I am trying to figure out if I did something wrong on this flight or if there was something wrong with the P4.  Please help, I dont want to ship the P4 to DJI and then they tell me that I need to pay for the repairs.  I bought it used, will DJI still pay for the repairs if it is a manufacturing defect?

I took off with no trouble, flying slowly around 15-20 ft up, then the P4 gave me a compass error, flipped over and flew on an angle directly into the ground.  broke 3 of the 4 propellors, cracked 2 of the arms, and the camera and gimbal is broken.  flight logs from the phone app are attached.

Thank you for your time and help

DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-24_[16-22-57].zip (24.09 KB, Down times: 7)
2018-6-8
Use props
afprette1987
lvl.1

United States

sorry, this was a Phantom 3 advanced, not a P4.  I can't figure out how to edit or delete this post.  It has been a couple months since I have played with this drone since the crash.
2018-6-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you bought it used and it is a P3, then it is probably outside the warranty period. But until the flight records can be examined, no-one can really tell you what happened.

The best way is to go to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Follow the instructions to upload the flight record, then come back here and post a link to the report it generates.
2018-6-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about another disastrous end to a fine drone.

I hope that you can get over this, and hopefully, buy yourself another aircraft...

Good luck in the future.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly contact our support to start a case: https://www.dji.com/support. If the drone is still in warranty period, the local team will arrange the data analysis for you.
2018-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I just took a quick glance at the log.  I've never seen so many compass errors.  Did you calibrate before your launch?  Could you describe the area you launched from?  
2018-6-9
Use props
afprette1987
lvl.1

I calibrated a couple days before in the exact same location. I flew it here about 6 times, 1 flight gave me a few compass errors and moved on it's own for a few seconds then settled down. Then no problem with the next few flights.

This was in south africa, mostly open field, short trees, no power lines nearby. There is some iron in the ground, possibly.   But the phantom told me the compass was good before takeoff.

Why would a compass error cause it to not know which way is up?

Will dji pay for repairs out of warranty if it is a manufacturer defect?
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules