DJI N1 Video encoder solid red and green led, no video feed.
6208 10 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NEVdD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8542188 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I assembled two DJI Matrice 100 with a DJI N1 video encoder each.

Both drones have the exact same problem, the N1 video encoders have their LED status showing a solid green and red light (mostly red) and no video feed is shown on the smartphone using the DJI GO app on Android 7.0.

I tested to feed the N1 video encoder through analog signal with a FLIR VUE PRO and a GoPro 4 and also through HDMI using the same GoPro 4. I checked that these cameras were working by connecting a screen directly to the video output of these cameras.
Using the HDMI connection, I set up the GoPro to output all the supported resolutions.

The first drone was assembled completelly and besides this problem, everything works fine. The second drone is still on my desk where I try to figure out what is wrong.

The remote control has been updated to the latest firmware using the DJI GO app.
The Matrice 100 has been updated through DJI assistant 2 even though when I upgraded it to the latest firmware the button said "Downgrade" instead of "Upgrade", now I don't have a button to change the firmware version anymore (see print screen).

If I try to upgrade the Matrice 100 using an SD card and plug it to the DJI N1 video encoder, it ignores it, the N1 flight controller boots as normal and no text file is present on the SD card, only the firmware bin file I put before. I tried with Firmware Update Package (Zenmuse Z3) v.01.09.01.40 and Firmware Update Package (Zenmuse X3) v.1.2.0.80 , the DJI assistant 2 says that my current firmware is 1.3.1.00 (after the "downgrade" which seemed more like an "upgrade"). I saw in a forum thread that there should have been a txt file in the SD card saying that the current firmware is greater or equal to the firmware on the SD card.

I found several threads where people have the same problem, in one of them the OP said "Ok I figured it out" but without saying what he did.
I tried to disconnect and cnnect the camera when the drone was powered on as well as removing the power cable and reconnecting the power cable of the N1 video encoder as I saw in some forum threads that the N1 video encoder was not really stable when using the manifold (which I don't).

Attached are some photos of the second drone.

Since I have the problem with two drones, I suppose I do something wrong... Can anyone please guide me to some possible solution?

Thank you in advance
Jonathan

DJI GO image transmission settings

DJI GO image transmission settings

DJI GO no video feed

DJI GO no video feed

DJI assistant firmware version

DJI assistant firmware version

GOPRO HDMI resolution and framerate

GOPRO HDMI resolution and framerate

M100 second build setup

M100 second build setup

DJI N1 video encoder solid red and green LED

DJI N1 video encoder solid red and green LED
2018-6-9
Use props
STEVE ECO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93225 ft

Hey NEVdD, have you had any luck with this? I've just attempted to connect a FLIR Duo Pro to the M100 and I'm having the same issue.  
2018-8-31
Use props
CuJIuH_PK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1051020 ft
United States

Any solution??? Same problem after "imu calibration" Plaese HELP
2018-9-11
Use props
rexsham
lvl.2
Hong Kong

CuJIuH_PK Posted at 2018-9-11 06:20
Any solution??? Same problem after "imu calibration" Plaese HELP

Same Problem.
I connected a CrystalSky monitor to the N1 Encoder and it also do not work.
CrystalSky said HDMI is connected but N1 Encoder stays Red+Green Light, no video.
If I plug into a laptop, the laptop do not detect a secondary monitor.
2018-9-18
Use props
KyeM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1411572 ft
Australia

Same problem has just developed for me with Matrice 100, DJI Go app and Flir VUE PRO R thermal camera (was all working fine previously)  ie. both red and green status lights on N1 video encoder and "no image transmission". Same problem with two separate encoders (one brand new) and cables.

Can someone from DJI please help?!!
2019-3-28
Use props
TXHillCountryFPVer
lvl.1

United States

KyeM Posted at 3-28 18:49
Same problem has just developed for me with Matrice 100, DJI Go app and Flir VUE PRO R thermal camera (was all working fine previously)  ie. both red and green status lights on N1 video encoder and "no image transmission". Same problem with two separate encoders (one brand new) and cables.

I too am having similar issues and have for some time with the red/green light and the "no image transmission signal" in the DJI Go App. I have this problem on two custom gimbals with DJI N1 Video Encoders, one with Flir VuePro and the other with a 10x optical zoom camera.  I have used both numerous times in years past with my Inspire 1.  At some point in 2018  they both just stopped working with the first sign being the "no image transmission signal" message in DJI Go and of course, no live video stream.  The DJI X3 camera connected to the Inspire 1 gimbal does however still provide video and works as it always had.  In researching this I found the no image transmission signal mentioned on numerous forums back into late 2016 but related to the Inspire 1 and no video signal from standard X3 and X5 cameras attached to the Inspire 1 gimbal.  The recurrent themes in these threads was that DJI Inspire 1 firmware upgrades were either causing this as a permanent problem or in even more cases what was reported as degraded video performance or reduced range or interference or the like.  Most of these threads related to firmware downgrade processes trying to get back to Inspire 1 firmware where the belief was that this problem would be resolved.  As the symptoms were similar for me (at least with the N1 encoders no longer providing a video signal out and hence not in the DJI Go app for sure.

So I have spent a bunch of time downgrading trying to see if this would get the the two N1 video encoders working again with my Inspire 1 and the DJI Go app.  This has not solved my problem with the N1 video encoders nor have I noticed any positive or negative impact on the video signal/video quality in the DJI Go app.

I have heard several comments from developers of recent, coupled with all of the N1 video encoder problems mentioned in this forum as well in several other forums as well, that the problem likely has nothing to do with Inspire 1 firmware versions or Matrice 100 firmware versions for that matter.  

What I believe may be happening here is not at all firmware related but perhaps just an expiration of functionality in the DJI N1 Video Encoders.  I heard that DJI was not obligated, specifically with the N1 Video Encoder on Inspire 1's, to allow them to function for perpetuity but instead perhaps had some fixed life and have since expired.  If these encoders are not working for all of us who have isolated them to ensure they have either a guaranteed analog video signal and/or working/proper HDMI video input and no green light is returned any longer, that the N1 encoders have stopped functioning at least in many reported situations including my own.

Would someone from DJI or other with specific insight into this area please advise, as many of us are chasing our tails here and without the N1 Video Encoders, many of our non DJI solutions (non DJI cameras) no longer work, at least with the Inspire 1.  This would a plausible scenario if DJI was interested in limiting 3rd party camera use with the Inspire and/or other DJI platforms.

Thanks in advance!
David
2019-3-30
Use props
TXHillCountryFPVer
lvl.1

United States

KyeM Posted at 3-28 18:49
Same problem has just developed for me with Matrice 100, DJI Go app and Flir VUE PRO R thermal camera (was all working fine previously)  ie. both red and green status lights on N1 video encoder and "no image transmission". Same problem with two separate encoders (one brand new) and cables.

I too am having similar issues and have for some time with the red/green light and the "no image transmission signal" in the DJI Go App. I have this problem on two custom gimbals with DJI N1 Video Encoders, one with Flir VuePro and the other with a 10x optical zoom camera.  I have used both numerous times in years past with my Inspire 1.  At some point in 2018  they both just stopped working with the first sign being the "no image transmission signal" message in DJI Go and of course, no live video stream.  The DJI X3 camera connected to the Inspire 1 gimbal does however still provide video and works as it always had.  In researching this I found the no image transmission signal mentioned on numerous forums back into late 2016 but related to the Inspire 1 and no video signal from standard X3 and X5 cameras attached to the Inspire 1 gimbal.  The recurrent themes in these threads was that DJI Inspire 1 firmware upgrades were either causing this as a permanent problem or in even more cases what was reported as degraded video performance or reduced range or interference or the like.  Most of these threads related to firmware downgrade processes trying to get back to Inspire 1 firmware where the belief was that this problem would be resolved.  As the symptoms were similar for me (at least with the N1 encoders no longer providing a video signal out and hence not in the DJI Go app for sure.

So I have spent a bunch of time downgrading trying to see if this would get the the two N1 video encoders working again with my Inspire 1 and the DJI Go app.  This has not solved my problem with the N1 video encoders nor have I noticed any positive or negative impact on the video signal/video quality in the DJI Go app.

I have heard several comments from developers of recent, coupled with all of the N1 video encoder problems mentioned in this forum as well in several other forums as well, that the problem likely has nothing to do with Inspire 1 firmware versions or Matrice 100 firmware versions for that matter.  

What I believe may be happening here is not at all firmware related but perhaps just an expiration of functionality in the DJI N1 Video Encoders.  I heard that DJI was not obligated, specifically with the N1 Video Encoder on Inspire 1's, to allow them to function for perpetuity but instead perhaps had some fixed life and have since expired.  If these encoders are not working for all of us who have isolated them to ensure they have either a guaranteed analog video signal and/or working/proper HDMI video input and no green light is returned any longer, that the N1 encoders have stopped functioning at least in many reported situations including my own.

Would someone from DJI or other with specific insight into this area please advise, as many of us are chasing our tails here and without the N1 Video Encoders, many of our non DJI solutions (non DJI cameras) no longer work, at least with the Inspire 1.  This would a plausible scenario if DJI was interested in limiting 3rd party camera use with the Inspire and/or other DJI platforms.

Thanks in advance!
David
2019-3-30
Use props
KyeM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1411572 ft
Australia

TXHillCountryFPVer Posted at 3-30 01:23
I too am having similar issues and have for some time with the red/green light and the "no image transmission signal" in the DJI Go App. I have this problem on two custom gimbals with DJI N1 Video Encoders, one with Flir VuePro and the other with a 10x optical zoom camera.  I have used both numerous times in years past with my Inspire 1.  At some point in 2018  they both just stopped working with the first sign being the "no image transmission signal" message in DJI Go and of course, no live video stream.  The DJI X3 camera connected to the Inspire 1 gimbal does however still provide video and works as it always had.  In researching this I found the no image transmission signal mentioned on numerous forums back into late 2016 but related to the Inspire 1 and no video signal from standard X3 and X5 cameras attached to the Inspire 1 gimbal.  The recurrent themes in these threads was that DJI Inspire 1 firmware upgrades were either causing this as a permanent problem or in even more cases what was reported as degraded video performance or reduced range or interference or the like.  Most of these threads related to firmware downgrade processes trying to get back to Inspire 1 firmware where the belief was that this problem would be resolved.  As the symptoms were similar for me (at least with the N1 encoders no longer providing a video signal out and hence not in the DJI Go app for sure.

So I have spent a bunch of time downgrading trying to see if this would get the the two N1 video encoders working again with my Inspire 1 and the DJI Go app.  This has not solved my problem with the N1 video encoders nor have I noticed any positive or negative impact on the video signal/video quality in the DJI Go app.

Thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy David. I've updated all firmware and software and even purchased a replacement N1 video encoder, but same issue remains ie. it has stopped working.

The exact same setup was working for me prior to August last year, so my next step was going to be trying to downgrade everything to revert to a software-firmware combo that worked previously... but sounds like you have already tried this unsuccessfully.

Has anyone with this issue received a response from DJI support?

Kye.
2019-4-1
Use props
TXHillCountryFPVer
lvl.1

KyeM Posted at 4-1 03:54
Thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy David. I've updated all firmware and software and even purchased a replacement N1 video encoder, but same issue remains ie. it has stopped working.

The exact same setup was working for me prior to August last year, so my next step was going to be trying to downgrade everything to revert to a software-firmware combo that worked previously... but sounds like you have already tried this unsuccessfully.

Has anyone had any success in getting their DJI N1 Video Encoder working with a non-DJI camera via the Inspire 1 LightBridge platform again.

Can DJI confirm that perhaps support for non-DJI cameras on the Inspire 1 has been disabled and only works for the Matrice 100.  Thanks...
2019-9-30
Use props
Gunit24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 569902 ft
United States

TXHillCountryFPVer Posted at 2019-9-30 12:03
Has anyone had any success in getting their DJI N1 Video Encoder working with a non-DJI camera via the Inspire 1 LightBridge platform again.

Can DJI confirm that perhaps support for non-DJI cameras on the Inspire 1 has been disabled and only works for the Matrice 100.  Thanks...

Any update to this??
2020-9-17
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

Hello,

I’d like to use the N1 video converter with the Imspire 1 also, but this seems disencouraging. Any progress? Would be grateful for an answer. Willing to downgrade.
2021-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules