huge updating issues
810 6 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user1c3d9bfe9a
New
Flight distance : 6621 ft

Hello All,

Love the forum but sadly need help on the Inspire 1 Pro. I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find the right answer.

firmware update: new sd card, formatted just in case in PC and then tried on drone to format as well. Saved the Bin file directly to the card, with nothing else on the sd card. Controller switched off and double checked and not updated before the aircraft.

Sd card into the X5 camera. Turned the drone on. The camera moves around and then settles. No dddd dddd noises like I remember. Rear light flashes yellow only. I left it just incase last night but went on for an hour until i switched it off.

what am i doing wrong? The saved firmware i double checked and is the correct file.
When i take the SD card out of the aircraft and look at the files on the PC it then has the bin file, jpeg files and the result file again even though the card was clean and new.

Help please?

Very lost in what to do and how to solve the issue now.

Best and thank you all

Dominic
2018-6-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Try different SD card.
2018-6-9
Use props
user1c3d9bfe9a
New
Flight distance : 6621 ft

Hi,
Yes I have tried three different cards now.

32 GB
32 GB
64GB

Are they too large? Do i need smaller cards?
2018-6-9
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

user1c3d9bfe9a, Did you "Unzip" the file before you put it on the card? Try that. Safety First! Ken
2018-6-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

user1c3d9bfe9a Posted at 2018-6-9 12:29
Hi,
Yes I have tried three different cards now.

I saved the 16gig SD card that came from DJI just for the updates. Size should not matter and make you sure you put the .BIN file directly on the card  no folders or zip files will work.

Rich
2018-6-9
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It sounds like you have the wrong file, make sure you select the X5 from the drop-down box.
Screenshot (1).png

Mark G.
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with updating the firmware of your Inspire 1 pro. Is the SD card a class 10? Size of the SD card should be 16-64gb. Have you also check if there some text file in the SD card?
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules