What do you guys think about the Parrot ANAFI announcement?
2714 13 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawn.ide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55341 ft
  • >>>

Is the Parrot ANAFI Drone better than the DJI Mavic?

2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Competition is Good
2018-6-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Competition is good. I just don't think this is it. Just my opinion.
2018-6-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

It's competition but I don't expect Parrot to leapfrog DJI anytime soon.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-9 08:39
It's competition but I don't expect Parrot to leapfrog DJI anytime soon.

Parrot has a chance, if Parrot produces stable and reliable products.  People will only tolerate so much when it comes to flaky and unreliable.  

There are people here already nervous about flying their drone after having experienced a close call, especially when it appears to be (or is) tied to firmware update or software upgrade.  Can't blame them for being nervous when they do not know if next update or upgrade will resolve existing problem, leave system unstable, or introduce a whole new problem.
2018-6-9
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

It seems a good drone but about me MP, 5 batteries, professional bag, rotors, custom backpack, ND filters etc ......... for my first year. I think one years more to valutate a new one model btw I think that DJI is the best
2018-6-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Time will tell, here is another good comparison. Other tests say it is also much quieter than the MA. I will be waiting for Best Buy to offer them before I buy just in case I want to return it. (Scratch that, just pre-ordered from Best Buy)

2018-6-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-10 02:48
Time will tell, here is another good comparison. Other tests say it is also much quieter than the MA. I will be waiting for Best Buy to offer them before I buy just in case I want to return it. (Scratch that, just pre-ordered from Best Buy)

You know they have a restocking fee on drones now?
2018-6-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-10 04:36
You know they have a restocking fee on drones now?

Yeh, 15% on returns 0% on exchanges but worth the risk as I have no intention to return a drone that allows me to fly where and whenever I want. I have lost 2 jobs, a supplemental wedding aerial video and a real estate job worth $1,800 USD because of DJI's NFZ Policy. Both jobs I would not have been flying more than 50-70' AGL (Lower then tree tops). Both were located less than a mile from an international airport and peoples schedules do not comply with FAA Waiver/COA months to get! This one will be a keeper.
2018-6-10
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Only time can tell.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-10 05:19
Yeh, 15% on returns 0% on exchanges but worth the risk as I have no intention to return a drone that allows me to fly where and whenever I want. I have lost 2 jobs, a supplemental wedding aerial video and a real estate job worth $1,800 USD because of DJI's NFZ Policy. Both jobs I would not have been flying more than 50-70' AGL (Lower then tree tops). Both were located less than a mile from an international airport and peoples schedules do not comply with FAA Waiver/COA months to get! This one will be a keeper.

I have given this some thought... was looking at hacked firmware for Mavic Pro.
The risk is that IF the FAA employ "drone police" or if one happens to see me in flight in an NFZ, I may suffer some serious fines and they will most likely confiscate my drone equipment. Maybe even enforce a no fly at all for me from then on... (court order)  I settled on that flying a drone in a NFZ without auth is very illegal regardless of my attitude or altitude. I will choose not to fly and plan jobs according to and in advance of FAA regulations and laws. I think this drone would only get me in trouble, cost me money and possible jail time. ~ Pass.
2018-6-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agree - I don't see NFZ as restrictive but adding safety. I don't want to fly my drone in an area where manned aircraft are active and could get me into very serious trouble because I was not aware before I took off. Not having NFZ's should not be a USP for Parrot to promote a drone - if anything it shows their lack of safety features (adding that to the drone having no OA).
2018-6-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

I agree with you, I fly recreationally and Part 107 and 100%  fully agree the rules are put in place for reasons. Take a look below, the Red X is where the wedding venue was located (within Yellow Authorized Zone)
so the drone will not take off without a COA (FAA) and unlocking by DJI. The outbound and inbound vectors for the airport are to the East and West (as is our prevailing winds for this location).

The Black XX's is a huge field off of Tomoka Farms Rd, directly in line with the Westerly approach/departure for major commercial airlines, and in an Enhanced Warning zone which requires no unlocking, just a confirmation. People fly race quads, DJI stuff, even RC heli's here all the time. I have flown there many times (and yes had to call the ATC to inform them, with no problems I might add). Just can't figure DJI's logic. Based on the venue location Shangri-La Resort (which is almost  3/4 mile away, and to the South of any approach/departure, and the altitude intended this should be allowable. It will never happen with DJI as the NFZ's they inforce are a liability issue more than a safety issue.

Safety minded people always fly safely!

2018-6-10
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I have no problem with the NFZ but that need to work correctly. My MA pop up ZFZ message when I fly in place has no NFZ. It’s annoying and make me feel uncomfortable with DJI’s App and firmware.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules