Poll for Mavic Air, refund, replaced, return for repair (times)?
12Next >
2591 52 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

For Mavic Air owners only.   Non Mavic Air owners are welcome to comment, but please do not vote.
If your problem was caused by 3rd-party hardware, firmware, or software - please do not vote.

In poll below ''DJI problem(s)'' being defined as a problem not caused by owner, user of Mavic Air, or 3rd-Party device, OS, or APP.
(After voting, if you would like please leave an explanation or comment as to what problem was or is)

Use "Other - Please explain" (not for 3rd-party issues) for things like waiting on DJI firmware update or DJI software release instead of sending into DJI

My Mavic Air:

Single SelectVote, Total 71 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

66.20% (47)
5.63% (4)
0.00% (0)
2.82% (2)
1.41% (1)
1.41% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
22.54% (16)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-6-9
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I would like to vote just to see the results   But I will not.  Maybe give an option for non MA owners?  
2018-6-9
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Mine has had problems but these are clearly software-related so I don't see any sense in sending it to DJI.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-9 10:08
I would like to vote just to see the results   But I will not.  Maybe give an option for non MA owners?

One has voted for 13 but has not explained, was that you? ;-)
2018-6-9
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 10:26
One has voted for 13 but has not explained, was that you? ;-)

LOL nope like I said I have not voted hoping HT adds another option for us non MA owners.  Sticking to my word of not voting till then
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Dear HedgeTrimmer, please consider rewording your poll by asking for details on all problems that were either solved or not solved. Then it could be both informative and helpful for all involved.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-9 10:27
LOL nope like I said I have not voted hoping HT adds another option for us non MA owners.  Sticking to my word of not voting till then

Ok, I'll be your undercover agent then. So far 4 votes for option 1., 1 vote for option 5. and as already mentioned one for 13. I'll keep you briefed ;-)
2018-6-9
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

I voted 13, honestly though I haven't had a problem with any of my drones from DJI, the only thing I have been experiencing lately with the MA  is that message about the motor current error, land when posible. I know is a software issue, and it will be fixed ( hopefully) in the next update, but I still don't like that message. Other than that no problems for me.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-6-9 10:25
Mine has had problems but these are clearly software-related so I don't see any sense in sending it to DJI.

I was thinking about a totally different poll to cover firmware / application problems.

Glad you voted!

2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-9 10:27

I have un-checked the Box about seeing results after voting.
2018-6-9
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 10:49
I have un-checked the Box about seeing results after voting.

Thanks yup I can see the results now.  Just always curious I am
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

Fully expecting choice #1 to get vast majority of votes.  Including #1 was only way for poll to be accurate and fair.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

I would like to vote just to see the results   But I will not.  Maybe give an option for non MA owners?

Before somebody complains about skewed poll results - I probably need to add option to cover Mavic Air owners who have not seen Poll or failed to vote.
14: Auto Response - Own an MA, but Have not seen poll, Not voting, Not a member of forum.

2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

My issues have all been software-related, so I voted other.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-9 11:24
My issues have all been software-related, so I voted other.

Thank you for voting.
I am looking at a creating a different poll to cover Firmware and Software problems.  Being most owners won't send their drone in for what they believe will be fixed by waiting for next update / release.
2018-6-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've experienced glitches but with numerous calibrations, refreshes and configurations I have sorted them all out on my MA and it flies beautifully except one issue - using POI on an IOS device disables the Fn and C buttons on the MA RC which can only be enabled by reinstalling the whole app... That aside (which is a software glitch in GO4) the drone is perfect - for me anyway.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-6-9 11:39
I've experienced glitches but with numerous calibrations, refreshes and configurations I have sorted them all out on my MA and it flies beautifully except one issue - using POI on an IOS device disables the Fn and C buttons on the MA RC which can only be enabled by reinstalling the whole app... That aside (which is a software glitch in GO4) the drone is perfect - for me anyway.

Thank you for commenting!
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-6-9 11:39
I've experienced glitches but with numerous calibrations, refreshes and configurations I have sorted them all out on my MA and it flies beautifully except one issue - using POI on an IOS device disables the Fn and C buttons on the MA RC which can only be enabled by reinstalling the whole app... That aside (which is a software glitch in GO4) the drone is perfect - for me anyway.

Yes I have seen all the posts about this problem concerning the iOS version of DJI GO 4. And this is one of the many reasons why I have requested OP here to consider rewording the poll in order to give some sense to it. E.g. I have unfortunately never counted how many users in this forum refer to ''firmware'' when they are actually talking about DJI GO 4 (which generates far more bugs than the firmware from my own experience and therefore is updated far more frequently than the firmware of any DJI drone model). Not every user knows the differences, which is totally understandable and normal. But consequently this poll can only make sense if details are provided for all problems experienced by users and whether solutions were provided/found or not. Otherwise it will be as useless as another recent and extremely unpleasant thread in this forum which at the bottom line was for the bin from its outset. Simplistic approaches by nature cannot help solving problems in complex systems.
2018-6-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 11:59
Yes I have seen all the posts about this problem concerning the iOS version of DJI GO 4. And this is one of the many reasons why I have requested OP here to consider rewording the poll in order to give some sense to it. E.g. I have unfortunately never counted how many users in this forum refer to ''firmware'' when they are actually talking about DJI GO 4 (which generates far more bugs than the firmware from my own experience and therefore is updated far more frequently than the firmware of any DJI drone model). Not every user knows the differences, which is totally understandable and normal. But consequently this poll can only make sense if details are provided for all problems experienced by users and whether solutions were provided/found or not. Otherwise it will be as useless as another recent and extremely unpleasant thread in this forum which at the bottom line was for the bin from its outset. Simplistic approaches by nature cannot help solving problems in complex systems.

I also had a massive glitch using my MPP last November '17 whereby the app kept crashing - I discovered that the cause was actually due to the IOS FW on my iphone being out of date and conflicting with the GO4 version at that time. There are so many variables that can cause problems. As you know, in my case on the MA, I refreshed the FW on an out of date Assistant 2 version and since updating that I've done... ummm... 16 flights with no issues.
This latest glitch I've come across is the only one and not specific to the drone. It could even be caused by IOS 11.4 as Android users don't seem to be affected by it.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 11:59
Yes I have seen all the posts about this problem concerning the iOS version of DJI GO 4. And this is one of the many reasons why I have requested OP here to consider rewording the poll in order to give some sense to it. E.g. I have unfortunately never counted how many users in this forum refer to ''firmware'' when they are actually talking about DJI GO 4 (which generates far more bugs than the firmware from my own experience and therefore is updated far more frequently than the firmware of any DJI drone model). Not every user knows the differences, which is totally understandable and normal. But consequently this poll can only make sense if details are provided for all problems experienced by users and whether solutions were provided/found or not. Otherwise it will be as useless as another recent and extremely unpleasant thread in this forum which at the bottom line was for the bin from its outset. Simplistic approaches by nature cannot help solving problems in complex systems.

The system will not let me add to "Other" - only DJI caused problem.
But I would have thought with {In poll below ''DJI problem(s)'' being defined...} that would be clear.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-6-9 12:05
I also had a massive glitch using my MPP last November '17 whereby the app kept crashing - I discovered that the cause was actually due to the IOS FW on my iphone being out of date and conflicting with the GO4 version at that time. There are so many variables that can cause problems. As you know, in my case on the MA, I refreshed the FW on an out of date Assistant 2 version and since updating that I've done... ummm... 16 flights with no issues.
This latest glitch I've come across is the only one and not specific to the drone. It could even be caused by IOS 11.4 as Android users don't seem to be affected by it.

You just nailed it, thank you very much! There are far more variables at stake than many seem to imagine. Just an hour ago or so there was a case where also iOS apparently was the problem and update fixed it.
At the end of the day only case by case analysis can effectively address problems unless one single firmware version or one single DJI GO 4 version generates a really significant number of bug reports (and significant would be more than a hundred in a global forum like this one) every single day as it e.g. has been the case when OTG support for Spark was disabled in late autumn last year. What an outcry and a justified one, I was myself affected. Since a good while now all is fixed and well on that side.
2018-6-9
Use props
Northern Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Voted 13......Have now seen the infamous "motor over current" (fixable SW bug assume) and also just noticed one of two flight records from a flight the other day isn't showing up in the Go 4 flight record app.

The data (time stamped)for this particular missing flight record appears to be  present in my/the relevant S8's directory. I have tried sync'ing, re-booting, etc, to get it to show up in the Go 4 flight record app but, it's  just not going to show for some reason. Not sure how many, if any other are missing, I'll just have to watch this from now on I guess.

It seems to fly okay otherwise, perhaps I'm just lucky but, haven't really used any of the built-in bells and whistles that others are having/reporting a few problems with, my flights (MA-91,610' of 179,233' for 3 DJI AC) are just normal flights and a few video's........One video seemed horrible quality though but, perhaps it was low light, was toward evening.     
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 12:23
You just nailed it, thank you very much! There are far more variables at stake than many seem to imagine. Just an hour ago or so there was a case where also iOS apparently was the problem and update fixed it.
At the end of the day only case by case analysis can effectively address problems unless one single firmware version or one single DJI GO 4 version generates a really significant number of bug reports (and significant would be more than a hundred in a global forum like this one) every single day as it e.g. has been the case when OTG support for Spark was disabled in late autumn last year. What an outcry and a justified one, I was myself affected. Since a good while now all is fixed and well on that side.

Keep in mind, I did seek input prior to creating this Poll.
I never saw any.  Maybe I missed it - with all that was posted.

Proposed Poll: For Mavic Air owners only.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 12:20
The system will not let me add to "Other" - only DJI caused problem.
But I would have thought with {In poll below ''DJI problem(s)'' being defined...} that would be clear.

I just saw you did some editing already with asking for details, thus it's getting better. The definition of ''DJI problem(s)'' however remains misleading. What is caused by owner or user normally needs careful analysis before a judgement can be made. A few days ago we had a crash report on here including the words ''What I know for sure is that it was not pilot error'' which is a natural reaction. But once the user had uploaded his flightrecord, it turned out that he had taken off with zero satellite link. Problem reports often have a very subjective component from my experience.
2018-6-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 12:23
At the end of the day only case by case analysis can effectively address problems unless one single firmware version or one single DJI GO 4 version generates a really significant number of bug reports (and significant would be more than a hundred in a global forum like this one) every single day as it e.g. has been the case when OTG support for Spark was disabled in late autumn last year. What an outcry and a justified one, I was myself affected. Since a good while now all is fixed and well on that side.

It's not a universal issue for sure or you and I would be experiencing the same problems. I'm sure that in some cases it is due to the individual lacking the knowledge to resolve the issue and I'm sure there are a number of cases whereby the individual has either a defective unit or the FW somehow became corrupted during the update on their computer/phone. As you say, the best way to assess the issues are on a case-by-case basis. There are users who have issues following the FW update and DJI need to address that with each case presented to them and fix it if where possible but it is clear, not all Mavic Air's are defective following the FW .400 update. In fact, mine is performing even better than when using .300!
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 12:38
I just saw you did some editing already with asking for details, thus it's getting better. The definition of ''DJI problem(s)'' however remains misleading. What is caused by owner or user normally needs careful analysis before a judgement can be made. A few days ago we had a crash report on here including the words ''What I know for sure is that it was not pilot error'' which is a natural reaction. But once the user had uploaded his flightrecord, it turned out that he had taken off with zero satellite link. Problem reports often have a very subjective component from my experience.

But in case you are talking about, the user was made aware it was pilot error.  Thus not a ''DJI Problem(s)'', so person should not be voting for any of options.  Including ''Other'' being I added a clarification to it in instructions.

If an Administrator will release lock on changing wording of #13, I will be glad to put an additional clarification there.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-6-9 12:39
It's not a universal issue for sure or you and I would be experiencing the same problems. I'm sure that in some cases it is due to the individual lacking the knowledge to resolve the issue and I'm sure there are a number of cases whereby the individual has either a defective unit or the FW somehow became corrupted during the update on their computer/phone. As you say, the best way to assess the issues are on a case-by-case basis. There are users who have issues following the FW update and DJI need to address that with each case presented to them and fix it if where possible but it is clear, not all Mavic Air's are defective following the FW .400 update. In fact, mine is performing even better than when using .300!

You nailed it again, thank you! Let's continue to try helping those who experience problems and find solutions where it is in our hands. There always can be and are issues that only DJI can solve and that is their duty but also their own interest then.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 12:49
But in case you are talking about, the user was made aware it was pilot error.  Thus not a ''DJI Problem(s)'', so person should not be voting for any of options.  Including ''Other'' being I added a clarification to it in instructions.

If an Administrator will release lock on changing wording of #13, I will be glad to put an additional clarification there.

I think it's ok now as it stands as long as hopefully many will provide details of their problems. Thank you for the amendments done.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 12:54
I think it's ok now as it stands as long as hopefully many will provide details of their problems. Thank you for the amendments done.

I have further updated instructions, using Red font for key parts.
2018-6-9
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 13:00

I voted #13 because a DJI Support employee told me not to send it in and to wait for the firmware fix that was in testing.
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 13:00

Thank you again :-) I hope it will produce some good insight to the real problems that still need to be addressed by DJI and the others that are solved already.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-9 13:08
I voted #13 because a DJI Support employee told me not to send it in and to wait for the firmware fix that was in testing.

Thanks for voting and explaining the why.
Sorry that your drone will be sitting in hanger till then.
2018-6-9
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

Voted 13.

Just registered on the forum to follow the situation with the issue regarding the last firmware. I'm stuck with the "Motor current error" message, and random yawning in GPS mode.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Taiwan

Thank you for participating.  Sorry you are having problems with "Motor current error" message.
Some members here may be able to offer some suggestions as to what has been tried and worked vs. not worked.
2018-6-9
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2018-6-9 10:42
I voted 13, honestly though I haven't had a problem with any of my drones from DJI, the only thing I have been experiencing lately with the MA  is that message about the motor current error, land when posible. I know is a software issue, and it will be fixed ( hopefully) in the next update, but I still don't like that message. Other than that no problems for me.

I can make that message appear anytime I’d like. I just ignore it because it seems to have more to do with them setting the limits to high than it does with the actual flight of the drone. It always happens when at the right decent and forward speeds.
2018-6-9
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

13 here because of random yaw problems.
2018-6-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

13 here.  Had a few problems, but never sent it in.  Worked through them with the help of the forum.
2018-6-9
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-9 17:54
I can make that message appear anytime I’d like. I just ignore it because it seems to have more to do with them setting the limits to high than it does with the actual flight of the drone. It always happens when at the right decent and forward speeds.

Actually you're right , it only happens sometimes and under certain flight conditions. Hopefully the next firmware will get rid of it.
2018-6-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Yes I agree, it should have been Mavic drones in general.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-10 22:02
Yes I agree, it should have been Mavic drones in general.

I think there have been many polls regarding defects in Mavic Pro , it would be a mistake to mix both MavAir and Mavic Pro problems together, there are many more MP users it also has been out on the market for 17 months has had many more updates, unless you only allow those who purchased since February 2018, I’m not to sure of the validity of these polls in their nature they are negative as you will see from above .
This might have more credibility if you look at the amount of views this thread has got.
So 285 views 38 votes the fact that those with problems are more likely to vote to show their disappointment and the fact that more people come here to discuss their problems, are we to take it that those 240 who viewed but didn’t vote are 1/ with none of the problems above 2/ Mavic Pro users 3/ a mixture of both. If 1&3 are likely,  then poll would show those with problems are very small. Looking at the poll there are only really 2 issues have you ever had a problem or have you not, the in between seem like a non runner at least so far and it looks like % would be so small that in the course of things they would be incidental to the poll, but of course not the customer.
I think if the poll had have had an option for those who have had their aircraft grounded, it would show how serious the problems are, but Other can be from excessive warnings like the wind warning you get with Mavic Pro , which has not grounded anyone to more serious problems with aircraft not flying correctly .
So what we will see from this is some with problems which is part and parcel with all drones and drone users, but how big their problem is or small we can only surmise.
My 2p worth.
2018-6-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules