Connection between drone and smartphone
3155 9 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kohli
lvl.1

Hey people!

Unfortunately I have to start my first thread with a problem... As my frustration level is close to 'I will send the drone back', I hope that someone has an idea...
I already looked for other topics like this and tried already everything I found.

I got my Mavic Air on Thursday last week. I was super happy and started right after unboxing and loading the batteries my first flight. I received some notes for new firmware updates but I wanted to fly first. It was awesome! I felt like the queen of the world.

The next day I wanted to update the firmware and the problems began. Since then I only had two days (I try to fly every day) where everything worked fine. All the other days I had nothing on my phone to see.
A summary of everything that I have atm:
- updated the controller and drone on the newest version 1.00.04
- Android App version (DJI GO 4) v4.2.16
- I use a Huawei P10 lite (I check daily for new firmware as I have the hope it will help me in some way...)
- connecting the phone with the controller works fine ('controller connected' is written on the start screen of the app)
- controller and drone are connected - I can fly with the RC. Both LEDs are green. Motor starts with the normal starting operation of the controller and flying is possible.
- I used the original cable from DJI AND changed to the original USB of my phone - nothing changed in the app (controller connected to app - no connection between app and drone). Yes, I pulled off the cable from the micro usb-slot before connecting the original phone cable
- I already reinstalled the app and tried everything above again.
- I restarted my phone really often
- I tried different ways of starting - first controller, then connecting to phone, starting app, starting drone - starting app first, then rc, then drone - connecting first controller to phone, starting RC, starting app, starting drone.......

I don't have any other ideas and if I dont find a solution I will definitely send the drone back... It is too expensive for just half of the functions in use

Thanks in advance!!
Kohli
2018-6-9
Use props
Kohli
lvl.1

Germany

Forgot to say that I also tried the Fly Mode and that my Phone still says "Controller connected" though the Controller is some where Else...
2018-6-9
Use props
tchu
New
Flight distance : 8346 ft
United States

First donnot connect the phone to the RC.  Turn on the drone.  Then, turn on the RC.  Once the RC connects to the drone, then connecting the phone to the RC.  It will run the DJI app.  Then go fly.  I hope it helps.
2018-6-9
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

You might want to attempt to connect with another mobile device as the Huawei P10 Lite is not on the supported device list. Hop ethis can solve your issue. Good luck
APP / LIVE VIEWiOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
Android Version  v4.2.8.
Android  version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge,  Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c,  Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7,  Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
2018-6-10
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

APP / LIVE VIEW      iOS Version v4.2.12.     Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.     Android Version v4.2.8.     Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
2018-6-10
Use props
Kohli
lvl.1

@Nelius
Oh wow didnt See this before. Damn.... Then I need to repair my iPhone again
I will try tchus Option first, but that might possibly be the solution why it doesnt work...
2018-6-10
Use props
Kohli
lvl.1

So in conclusion: My iPhone 6 worked fine with the app. So I just need to swap my batteries of my iphone :/

Big thanks for your help!!! <3
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to read on this, If may I ask did you encounter an error message that says "DISCONNECTED" in DJI GO 4 app? I would recommend uploading a screenshot as well of the issue so that we can check. Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
Kohli
lvl.1

Here are the screenshots. In the camera view it is disconnected from the drone. :/
2018-6-12
Use props
TheBulgarianRam
New

United Kingdom

I guess that it's the Huawei that's the issue. I did with the same model (P10 Lite) and was not able to connect. I tried it with an old Iphone 6 and VOILA! First time! Really annoying as I need to get a new phone now after spending a fair amount on the air 2s. :/
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules