Initial Setup issue
527 13 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spinky
lvl.1
United States

Hi - I am able to connect to the OSMO wifi but thats about it. The APP does not recognize the OSMO and I only have a green light on the led. Please help
2018-6-9
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

*NOT able to connect the OSMO
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, may I know what kind of device you are using as a screen?
2018-6-10
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-10 15:47
Hi, may I know what kind of device you are using as a screen?

Hi - I am using an iPhone 6 with the DJI app
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

spinky Posted at 2018-6-10 16:43
Hi - I am using an iPhone 6 with the DJI app

Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with connecting your mobile device to your Osmo. Just to confirm, are you using DJI Go app? Have you tried to reinstall the app? Is the firmware of the Osmo updated?
2018-6-11
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-11 07:10
Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with connecting your mobile device to your Osmo. Just to confirm, are you using DJI Go app? Have you tried to reinstall the app? Is the firmware of the Osmo updated?

Yes - I am using the DJI go App - I just received the Osmo from DJI and have not been able to use it because of its "initial setup" issue.

How do I update the firmware when I just received it? There is no support cable to connect it. I am at a loss to get this gear working.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

spinky Posted at 2018-6-11 14:38
Yes - I am using the DJI go App - I just received the Osmo from DJI and have not been able to use it because of its "initial setup" issue.

How do I update the firmware when I just received it? There is no support cable to connect it. I am at a loss to get this gear working.

I see. You can follow these tutorial videos for initial setup:

DJI Tutorials - Osmo - Setting Up -
DJI Tutorials - Osmo - Using the Osmo - Part 1 of 4 -
DJI Tutorials - Osmo - Using the Osmo - Part 2 of 4 -
DJI Tutorials - Osmo - Using the Osmo - Part 3 of 4 -
DJI Tutorials - Osmo - Using the Osmo - Part 4 of 4 -

For updating the firmware:
2018-6-12
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-12 01:11
I see. You can follow these tutorial videos for initial setup:

DJI Tutorials - Osmo - Setting Up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nagvF3Ewa0

Thank you. I had watched the video about a dozen times and gone through the process to no avail. As I had mentioned before - the wifi is recognized and connected to but I get a notification that there is no internet connection (because the iPhone 6 is connected to OSMO wifi) . I have had the unit for almost a week now and have not been able to use it at all. Please help.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

spinky Posted at 2018-6-12 08:32
Thank you. I had watched the video about a dozen times and gone through the process to no avail. As I had mentioned before - the wifi is recognized and connected to but I get a notification that there is no internet connection (because the iPhone 6 is connected to OSMO wifi) . I have had the unit for almost a week now and have not been able to use it at all. Please help.

It is actually normal to see the internet connection when you connect to the Osmo's wi-fi. Can you try to reinstall the app?
2018-6-12
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-12 08:40
It is actually normal to see the internet connection when you connect to the Osmo's wi-fi. Can you try to reinstall the app?

Yes. I have reinstalled the app at least 3 times. I am able to connect to my Mavic Pros but the Osmo does not show up in the app.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

spinky Posted at 2018-6-12 08:48
Yes. I have reinstalled the app at least 3 times. I am able to connect to my Mavic Pros but the Osmo does not show up in the app.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing in the app?
2018-6-12
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-12 08:51
Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing in the app?

Thank you for your help.  it worked with the dji go app and not with Dji go 4 app.
2018-6-12
Use props
spinky
lvl.1
United States

spinky Posted at 2018-6-12 09:12
Thank you for your help.  it worked with the dji go app and not with Dji go 4 app.

So basically for the Mavic pro and Phantoms I have to use the DJI Go 4 app and DJI GO for OSMO?
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

spinky Posted at 2018-6-12 09:12

Alright. That's good to know. if you have any concerns, feel free to approach us. We're here to help.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules