Newly Bought Mavic Air Combo. Controller's not charging
5567 14 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1oK3LzjO3OXt
New

Bought Today a Combo set. Charging all Mavic batteries seems OK.  Unfortunately the controller looks had a dead battery.  Tried different cable as what advised when I checked the forum of issues like this.  Been charging now for almost 12hrs.  When connected to the provided cable/or any cable it only blinks one bright white indicator.  Tried to swicth on it makes bleeping sound and then no indicator for battery green indicators.
Any advised of this issue? or return this first thing tomorrow.  Away for a month holiday next week shame seems i'll be flying without drone on me.

Thanks,

richard
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

That is really a great pity! Are you charging it through the MicroUSB port on the left side? If yes and it doesn't work, I really fear you have to return it.
2018-6-9
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

IIRC another forum member had this issue. They left it on charge for a few hours and it then started to charge correctly.
[Edit]
Re-read your original post.. 12 hours should have been more than enough. Raise a call with DJI, or if bought locally (or easy to return) get it swapped.
2018-6-9
Use props
djiuser_1oK3LzjO3OXt
New

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 15:06
That is really a great pity! Are you charging it through the MicroUSB port on the left side? If yes and it doesn't work, I really fear you have to return it.

Yes, followed all the steps and used the provided cable for proper charging.  I left it overnight, now no blinking lights as sign it charging.  Switch it on I thought might be fully charge already but sadly its fully flat dead battery.

Thanks to all your reply.

2018-6-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Did you try a different charger?
2018-6-10
Use props
djiuser_1oK3LzjO3OXt
New

Tried different cables, tablet charger no joy also.  The charger seems OK because all fully charged batteries of drone except for the controller.

2018-6-10
Use props
djiuser_1oK3LzjO3OXt
New

This is my first DJI drone.  

So dont know whats look like when charging the controller... while charging now again, only one white light blinks since I started the charging yesterday.

It's not the same with batteries where 4 green lights blinks?

Thanks
2018-6-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It’s exaclty like the drone batteries. All 4 light up when it’s fully charged.
2018-6-10
Use props
djiuser_1oK3LzjO3OXt
New

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-10 01:35
It’s exaclty like the drone batteries. All 4 light up when it’s fully charged.

I might got a faulty controller.  

Thanks for the help.
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, I'm terribly sorry about what happened. However, in this case, may I know how did you try to charge it? Did you make sure that you used the adaptor which is included in the package?
2018-6-10
Use props
djiuser_1oK3LzjO3OXt
New

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-10 08:46
Hi there, I'm terribly Sorry about what happened, however, in this case, may I know how did you try to charge it? did you make sure that you used the adaptor which is included in the package?

No other adaptor I'm using except all the provided from the combo set.  Did check many times from other video source if I'm doing it right.

After many hours of charging all the batteries of the drone are fully charge but the controller still not full.  Did try to separate the drone battery charger so the drone controller only is connected.  

It only blink one white light,  did try other cable as advised if might the provided one is faulty.  Still the same only one bright light blinking.   

Leave it overnight charging I thought its fully charge since no blinking light already.  Sadly the controller flat, like a dead battery.  You switch on then it make a sound beep and switch off.

Did arrange a new set for replacement already tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.
2018-6-10
Use props
RideWyoming
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10157 ft
United States

Same for me, I took a 4 day trip and couldn't shoot a single video. Tried charging with all sort of chargers, lights blink for 10-20 seconds then nothing
2020-6-28
Use props
RideWyoming
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10157 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-9 15:06
That is really a great pity! Are you charging it through the MicroUSB port on the left side? If yes and it doesn't work, I really fear you have to return it.

The Mavic Air 2 controller does not have any MicroUSB ports
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_6tkShOgVut52
lvl.1

Vietnam

Exactly same situation on my drone(Mavic air2).
How did you solve this problem?
- Call to a service center and replace?
- Any other solution such as firm ware update?
2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_6tkShOgVut52
lvl.1

Vietnam

djiuser_6tkShOgVut52 Posted at 7-25 19:03
Exactly same situation on my drone(Mavic air2).
How did you solve this problem?
- Call to a service center and replace?

I got the solution for my case finally.
It was not the problem actually.
When I tried to turn on the controler only, the battery indicater blinks and dosen't show the battery amount.

However when I fully connect the phone & link to the drone, the controler properly work and show the battery indicator without blinking.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules