F450 with Naz lite...all kinds of troubles
931 2 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbone
New

United States

First I must say that this is my first RC bird of any kind, never have I before operated one, so I kinda jumped all in at once.
Problem 1: The unit takes off at such a sharp angle it tips over before it ever leaves the ground.

Problem 2: The gps Unit will not flash Green, very fast blinking yellow light.

Problem 3: I dont have a clue what all the joysticks do on the transmitter, I dont even know if it is set up correctly to fly. (Devo 7)

Now before you go and say check the manuals, I dont have them (used unit). And it was flying when I bought it. I have searched and searched the ol internet looking for a solution to any or all of my issues and can't find anything.

Now I think I ran the battery dead trying to get off the ground, all it does now is flash red very quickly (not the gps unit), the props wont even turn on. At least I hope the battery went dead and I didn't kill it before it ever saw the sky.

I know I have bitten off more than I can chew here, but you gotta start somewhere right. Right?

Please help, videos, links tutorials, etc.... I would even appreciate some face to face help if anyone is in Eastern Ohio.
2015-5-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

When a F550 or an F450 wants to flip on take off there are usually three reasons that cause this to happen.

1. Some of the motors are spinning backwards. Because they are not plugged into the ESC's correctly.
2. The propellers are on backwards or upside down.
3. The ESC's are not plugged into the correct channels on your Naza flight controller.

The fast yellow is failsafe mode. You may have a switch triggering it.

All of the user manuals are on the DJI web site ready for you to down load.

Most likely you did just run the battery down, I do not think you killed your F450.

The fast red flash is dead battery.

I hope I have helped some. I will keep checking this thread to see how you are doing.
2015-6-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Aso make sure you are trying to fly in GPS mode not manual mode. You may have a switch triggering that also.
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules