Spark front red LEDs not illuminated
3260 18 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

My front red LEDs are not illuminated. The unit is new and has never been crashed. They were on when I first got it flying in beginner mode. I have used the assistant to flash the software twice with no result. I live just over 5 miles from a small recreational Airport but, it is considered an authorization Zone. I use the DJI safe flight website to fly at my house. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but, I figured I would mention it. Everything connects okay however, my height and distance is limited even with beginner mode turned off. Can anyone please tell me what I'm missing here? Thank you in advance!
2018-6-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you flying with RC or just with the phone?
2018-6-9
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft

Maybe you can try this thread first: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1384421
2018-6-9
Use props
PhotoGD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Wow i noticed the same thing while flying after dark last night. My spark is only 5 days old and has latest firmware.

Only the green lights stay on while flying. The red lights only stay on  before it takes off.
2018-6-9
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Are you recording video? Front lights turn off while recording.
2018-6-9
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

exactly. front LEDs turn off while recording or taking pictures
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Did something happened before this issue accord such as an incident? Please check if you are in video mode, front LEDs will be turned off in video mode or at the moment it takes pictures.
If you are not in the situation, please try to refresh the latest firmware or set back to factory default via DJI Assistant 2 and if the issue still persists kindly send a video to us so that we will have a better visualization as well.
2018-6-10
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-9 19:05
Are you flying with RC or just with the phone?

With the controller.
2018-6-11
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

chiplifter Posted at 2018-6-9 23:55
Are you recording video? Front lights turn off while recording.

Not recording video.
2018-6-11
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-10 12:33
Hi, there. Did something happened before this issue accord such as an incident? Please check if you are in video mode, front LEDs will be turned off in video mode or at the moment it takes pictures.
If you are not in the situation, please try to refresh the latest firmware or set back to factory default via DJI Assistant 2 and if the issue still persists kindly send a video to us so that we will have a better visualization as well.

When you refer to video mode do you mean actively recording video?
2018-6-11
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

https://youtu.be/jS1y0WzmuHs
2018-6-15
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

please use flight mode and turn off the bluetooth iin you mobile phone. Everything will be ok.
2018-6-15
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

S.J Posted at 2018-6-15 19:09
please use flight mode and turn off the bluetooth iin you mobile phone. Everything will be ok.

Turning off the Bluetooth on the phone made no difference. Still no front red LEDs
2018-6-16
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

Bill H. Posted at 2018-6-16 13:15
Turning off the Bluetooth on the phone made no difference. Still no front red LEDs

Did you try the Factory reset through DJI Assistent 2? It wotked for me and others to solve this same issue.
2018-6-16
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

Bill H. Posted at 2018-6-16 13:15
Turning off the Bluetooth on the phone made no difference. Still no front red LEDs

Did you switch OFF the internet  ?
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bill H. Posted at 2018-6-15 16:38
https://youtu.be/jS1y0WzmuHs

Thank you for providing the information,  we will forward this concern to our engineers and we will wait for their feedback for further information regarding this issue. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-6-17
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-6-17 13:59
In the camera settings there is an option to turn off LEDs when recording.  Turn this off if you want the LEDs on.

Can you tell me step by step how to find this setting. I looked several times and I do not see it listed under any of the menu options. I saw a forum post that said that this setting is available on all DJI drones except the spark. Currently, I have no red LEDs even when I'm not recording or taking photos. The front red LEDs did work normally the first few times that I used the spark. Everything else seems to be functioning correctly.
2018-6-18
Use props
Bill H.
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-6-17 13:59
In the camera settings there is an option to turn off LEDs when recording.  Turn this off if you want the LEDs on.

Can you tell me step by step how to find this setting. I looked several times and I do not see it listed under any of the menu options. I saw a forum post that said that this setting is available on all DJI drones except the spark. Currently, I have no red LEDs even when I'm not recording or taking photos. The front red LEDs did work normally the first few times that I used the spark. Everything else seems to be functioning correctly.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Bill, we just got an update from our engineers that they suggested sending the unit in for diagnosis as this issue cannot be figured out remotely. You can start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules