Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A3 controller + Ronin-MX issue
660 0 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manleypv
lvl.1
United States

Hi folks,

Background info: M600 came setup for/with Ronin-MX. Before today, I had only used the gimbal controller to control the gimbal so I wanted to just use the M600 controller and eliminate the gimbal controller (I only do top-down imaging for ag/mapping). The company that set everything up plugged the CAN cable for the gimbal into CAN2 on the A3, though I had never plugged the CAN cable into the gimbal itself.

Issue: When I plug in the CAN cable into CAN1 (and any other port on the A3, for that matter), I get a compass error/no GPS because it's somehow interfering with it. One manual (and a person from DJI on a different thread) said the CAN cable for the Ronin-MX should be plugged into CAN1 on the A3. Another manual I saw actually pictured one of the smaller CAN ports that are associated with the GPS antennas.

Weirdly, I plugged the CAN cable into one of the smaller CAN ports for the GPS sensors and had gimbal control. I was inside, so I shut things down, went outside and rebooted everything and got the compass error (restart aircraft, wouldn't even let me calibrate because it wasn't sensing there were any GPS/compasses available).

Any idea why plugging a CAN cable into the appropriate port (CAN1) would cause an issue for the GPS? Thanks, and sorry for the verbose post.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules