Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Glitchy Video or Other Reasons?
647 15 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

I tried a night video shot, and saw this. Most of my videos taken at other times and places were smooth and doesn't look like that. Anyone has any feedback or suggestions?

2018-6-9
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

just common night time vibrations showing up on the cam. When evening comes, the Spark adjusts the ecposure to slow the shutter speed. This enhances vibrations. Even brand new propellers will not solve this. Believe me. I have tried everything. Only solution is shoot from a distance or earlier evening/ later morning.
2018-6-9
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Singapore

pmshop Posted at 2018-6-9 19:39
just common night time vibrations showing up on the cam. When evening comes, the Spark adjusts the ecposure to slow the shutter speed. This enhances vibrations. Even brand new propellers will not solve this. Believe me. I have tried everything. Only solution is shoot from a distance or earlier evening/ later morning.

Thanks for the info, saves me a lot of trouble second guessing.
2018-6-9
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 2018-6-9 19:47
Thanks for the info, saves me a lot of trouble second guessing.

Any time - and sorry for the typo *Exposure
2018-6-9
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

It's odd that the vibrations stop at :40. From then on, the picture looks fine.
2018-6-9
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Singapore

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-6-9 20:55
It's odd that the vibrations stop at :40. From then on, the picture looks fine.

I don't understand either. I made 4 similar video shots (same location and scene, going up and down, going up and down) altogether that night, all with the jitters here and there, but some video has much less jitters.

I tried night shots before a few weeks before but they all looked quite fine and smooth. Hence I am thinking was it a glitch or bug on the Spark, or was it because of other reasons.

2018-6-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Was it a bit windy, up in the air the time from post #1?
If it happens again: direct the cam downwards, minimum a bit, best really down.
Does it stopp?
Or fly a bit forwards/backwards, is the camview nooding?
It may that the gimbal is blocking.
Which you will only see during up/down moves of the bird

2018-6-9
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-9 22:19
Was it a bit windy, up in the air the time from post #1?
If it happens again: direct the cam downwards, minimum a bit, best really down.
Does it stopp?

There is some light breeze occasionally, perhaps that's the reason. I did not notice the jitters while flying because I was flying with iPhone 6 Plus (too small for me to see clearly), and plus the video lagging now and then. I only realized that all my shots that night having jitters when I review my shots on my PC.

I will pay more attention next time.

Thank you for your kind input
2018-6-9
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Try to slow down, and not go down so fast
2018-6-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reduce air speeds and fly in lighter winds.   
2018-6-10
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft

flying straight down increases vibrations on the aircraft/in the footage.
the wind probably does the rest at that height.
2018-6-10
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

As others have mentioned this is due to your rate of decent through the prop wash causing excessive vibration as the motors react to keep the Spark stable. To overcome this you can reduce your rate of decent or apply some lateral movement (slight pitch or roll) so the Spark comes down in less turbulent air.
2018-6-10
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 2018-6-9 21:33
I don't understand either. I made 4 similar video shots (same location and scene, going up and down, going up and down) altogether that night, all with the jitters here and there, but some video has much less jitters.

I tried night shots before a few weeks before but they all looked quite fine and smooth. Hence I am thinking was it a glitch or bug on the Spark, or was it because of other reasons.

Did you get vibrations while Spark was ascending, or was it just during descent? That might narrow it down to the prop wash as others have said, although I don't know why there weren't vibrations in the second video. Different atmospheric conditions maybe?

I had RTH initiate because of a low battery for the first time last week. Even though there was virtually no wind, Spark was fighting something as it descended. I could hear constant variations in the sound as it rocked back and forth. From what I've read in this thread, I guess it must have been fighting the prop wash.

I hear the U.S. president will be going there soon. Perhaps the gods are angry.
2018-6-10
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Air density is why the vibration stopped.
All of that depends on temperature and humidity.
One day you could fly that tower top to bottom no vibes. the next, vibes all the way down.

Plus, if you look at the rectangular sign to the left of the OP video, the vibes get better ay 0:40 but they are still there up to almost the end.
2018-6-10
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Singapore

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-6-10 05:26
Did you get vibrations while Spark was ascending, or was it just during descent? That might narrow it down to the prop wash as others have said, although I don't know why there weren't vibrations in the second video. Different atmospheric conditions maybe?

I had RTH initiate because of a low battery for the first time last week. Even though there was virtually no wind, Spark was fighting something as it descended. I could hear constant variations in the sound as it rocked back and forth. From what I've read in this thread, I guess it must have been fighting the prop wash.

Haha ... hope N. Korea wouldn't send rockets here to get rid of the US President, and US would't nuke here to eliminate RocketMan. Peace.
2018-6-10
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
lvl.4
Singapore

Hi gentlemen, thank all of you for your valuable advice. I will pay more attention in the future.

Cheers and happy flying.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules