Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So lost on RC connection
731 6 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1PTTfOBxLfMS
lvl.2
United States

Wasted 5 hours today trying to get this new spark to work.  I have an RC and otg cable.  I can get it connected via wifi , but it never says rc connected.  I got it to work once and then jacked it up I think somehow.

Are you always supposed to leave the wifi connection connected?  Or how does that all work?  I have a green light on the RC so I know its paired, but I can never get the GO FLY to show up in the app

These DJI products are the worse to setup I've ever seen in my life

2018-6-10
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

If your wireless device you are using is set to automatically connect to your home network, that will be one of your setup issues.
Did you get the Spark controller combo or the Spark and using your mobile device to connect?

2018-6-10
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be sure to read your manual and watch all the dji.com and youtube tutorial videos. They can help out a lot. Start the RC and the aircraft. Wait till you have a green light on the RC. Go to settings on the mobile device and click on connections. Click on wifi. you should see spark on available. click on the spark. exit settings. start the go 4 app.
2018-6-10
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Check the settings on your mobile. IOS or Android?
Both have a settings saying whenever WiFi is not working to switch to the carrier internet.
When you connect via WiFi to the RC or Spark there will be no internet connection. If you are at home or at a place where you have WiFi available your phone/mobile device will switch back to the WiFi that has access to Internet.
2018-6-10
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 415630 ft

Ok so here's the order I do things to get the OTG working. FYI I am using an android device for the spark.
2018-6-10
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 415630 ft

MeatWagon Posted at 2018-6-10 17:27
Ok so here's the order I do things to get the OTG working. FYI I am using an android device for the spark.

Sorry, I accidentally hit post and then missed the edit window. note that I am using and android device for this. So here's the order I use:

1. turn on the spark and the remote
2. wait for the remote to turn green
3. connect your phone and the remote using the OTG cable. NOTE: it DOES matter which end of the OTG cable you plug into which device. They have a master end and a slave end. If it doesn't work one way then flip it around and mark the end of the cable that goes into your phone so you remember which one goes where.
4. The "Go Fly" icon should light up as expected or if the DJI go ap is not running it will launch it right into the Sparks camera feed (at least that's what my phone does)

I never deviate from this procedure because its the only way I have found that works 100% of the time. Hope this helps. Also note that if you turn off the remote you will have to unplug the OTG cable and plug it in again when you turn it back on (after waiting for it to pair with the spark) Also remember to turn your phones wifi off!
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause, If what phone are we using? Did we manage to update the firmware for both of your aircraft and remote controller? Did we manage to uninstall then re-install the DJI GO 4 app?
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules