Compass needs calibration very regularly and a question about cab...
541 5 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matpan
lvl.1
Germany

Hey everyone!

Been using my Mavic Air for a couple of weeks now. No more than a Dozen flights but still, I think I have a decent grip on the basics by now.
Still something bugs me a bit. It´s been asking me to recalibrate the compass a lot. I´d say... 50 to 70% of the times I fly it. Is this normal?

after that the flight is completely fine. just those two spins before take off....

Second thing:

Is there a USB C to Mavic Air battery cable? Something that will allow me to use a normal energy bank to charge my batteries as opposed to those battery banks tailored specificaly to this connector?

That´s all for now.

Thanks a lot!

2018-6-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Netherlands

Is there a USB C to Mavic Air battery cable? Something that will allow me to use a normal energy bank to charge my batteries

Not as of yet.  The voltage from USB C cable is to low to charge Mavic Air battery.  The idea was put forth, and beat past beating a dead horse.
If you are really adept at Electronics and Do-it-yourself engineering, you could build an adapter to raise voltage.

2018-6-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Netherlands

Still something bugs me a bit. It´s been asking me to recalibrate the  compass a lot. I´d say... 50 to 70% of the times I fly it. Is this  normal?

It is not supposed to be normal.  

But others have reported problems with Mavic Air / GO-4 wanting compass recalibrated.  

I had similar problem with my Mavic Pro when I first got it.  Virtually everytime I went to fly Mavic Pro for first time of day, Mavic Pro / GO-4 called for compass to be recalibrated.  On some flight days Mavic Pro / GO-4 would request compass be recalibrated on next or following next flight.  Got so bad, I stated ignoring subsquent requests, and flew anyway.  

When I switched from using iPhone 5s and iPad-2(?), to using a CrystalSky Ultra-brite (that is after I got a Cs-Ub that didn't Hang / Freeze / Lock-up); the Mavic Pro / GO-4 stopped making requests for Compass to be Recalibrated.

2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I understand that you are always calibrating the compass of your Mavic Air. Let me help you with this. May I know what mobile device are you using?
2018-6-11
Use props
Matpan
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-11 09:49
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I understand that you are always calibrating the compass of your Mavic Air. Let me help you with this. May I know what mobile device are you using?

Hey Stephen, thanks for the concern.

I am using a Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Matpan Posted at 2018-6-11 09:59
Hey Stephen, thanks for the concern.

I am using a Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

Thank you for that information. Upon checking the Huawei Mate 10 Pro on the Mavic Air's recommended mobile devices. I am sorry to say that the  Huawei Mate 10 Pro is not yet a part of the list of recommended mobile devices for the Mavic Air. Compatibility might be the reason why you are having this issue. I will be posting the list of Mavic Air's recommended mobile device.

Rest assured I will send this issue to our DJI engineers for further development on our device compatibility development. Thank you.
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules