DJI's Forum Login with CAPTCHA
7341 29 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Netherlands

DJI has been playing on and off with CAPTCHA during Forum Login.
While back CAPTCHA was a matter of picking correct letters from various displayed letters that were scrambled with background and foreground of marks.
Recently CAPTCHA was changed to picking pictures.  Which introduced problem with CAPTCHA in that picking a square exactly as called for, can result in false failure.
Now CAPTCHA has added to picking squares as directed, but changing square you picked which may or may not require that square needing to be picked again.

I am customer, not a %$@$ trained Tic-Tac-Toe pecking Chicken.  Nor am I %$#*@ Monkey in some Lab IQ test.  I have feeling a few others feel same way.

Thus following poll.  Feel free to leave comment(s).
From Poll, I am hoping we can get DJI to at least cut back on some of Present and Recent CAPTCHA picking and pecking.

Single SelectVote, Total 39 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

5.13% (2)
38.46% (15)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
51.28% (20)
5.13% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-6-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, don't know what you are talking about!!! Just enter your email, password and click on the "I AM NOT A ROBOT" thinggy!  Or Are you???
2018-6-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10411017 ft
Canada

ah Suren LOL
2018-6-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Netherlands

dronist Posted at 2018-6-10 15:47
Dude, don't know what you are talking about!!! Just enter your email, password and click on the "I AM NOT A ROBOT" thinggy!  Or Are you???

That may be way it is working for you.  But not for me and three others who have voted.

Here is screen-snap shot of what happens after entering Email, Password, and clicking the Box beside 'I am not a Robot'
2018-6-10
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

LOL... I've never seen this.
2018-6-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Netherlands

FlyDK Posted at 2018-6-10 19:50
LOL... I've never seen this.

Lucky you.

Have a feeling it has something to do with user's Web browser, and web browser's settings.  
Some setup to be secure, some not.
2018-6-10
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I've seen it but I can't for the life of me remember where.  It could have very well been on the DJI site.
2018-6-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This just disappears in a split second, tick 'I am not a robot' and all good to proceed.
2018-6-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I think it is a good thing as the captcha is there to disrupt automated systems that create accounts (or use hacked customer data) and then spam a board, in some cases until it becomes unusable or impossible to maintain.
So having this in place may well be acting as a good deterrent against those that wish to disrupt because they can.
2018-6-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get this only when I login incognito from other pc's
2018-6-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-10 19:32
That may be way it is working for you.  But not for me and three others who have voted.

Here is screen-snap shot of what happens after entering Email, Password, and clicking the Box beside 'I am not a Robot'

Maybe they now you are A ROBOT!  Hey, what have you done with HedgeTrimmer?

Bring him back to us!  
2018-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The captcha from Google is much better. You get that from time to time.
2018-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Captcha with pictures has been there since May of last year, but it’s still a pain.
2018-6-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hahaha. i have dealt with google doing captcha poorly too..  i should have recorded or screenshotted it.  it was so bad!!!  asked me to pick all the images dictating a bridge, it was close up shot of a bridge same bridge across all of the images.. it kept failing me, reverted to storefront, its close up of a store front.. &^$%&$&  like wtf.   tried again, asked me to pick all the images with signs in it, it was a street full of signs in every square.. it kept failing me..like wtf?

so ya, please get rid of picture matching captcha..they are prone to being a broken mess sometimes
2018-6-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happens abt every 5th time.   Check mark for 4, then peck, peck,p
2018-6-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Happens abt every 5th time.   Check mark for 4, then peck, peck, peck.  Beyond irritating.
2018-6-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-6-10 15:47
Dude, don't know what you are talking about!!! Just enter your email, password and click on the "I AM NOT A ROBOT" thinggy!  Or Are you???

Happens to me 20% of the time.
2018-6-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-11 05:10
Captcha with pictures has been there since May of last year, but it’s still a pain.

Just started for me mid-may.
2018-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-11 06:02
Just started for me mid-may.

Started for me when spark was released last year, I still find on day they’re looking for letters next day looking for pictures also depends if your signing from pc or tablet or phone. I don’t like it and find it a pain.
2018-6-11
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Beats me... I've had to log on exactly 3 times in the past year.  One when I got my MP last June and loaded Go4 on my phone for the first time.  Then the second time was when I logged in with my home computer to the forum.  And the third time was after everyone was going ballistic about having to log into Go4 EVERY time so I logged off, then logged back in to see what the deal was.  Other than those first three initial times, I've NEVER had to log in.  And that includes many times out side of cell range of ANYTHING..  
2018-6-11
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s an irritating annoyance but what can you do?! Better safe than sorry eh?
2018-6-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

CAPTCHA would not be so bad if it weren't for Gray areas which may or may not go against your choice.
For exampe: Edge of a Sign (before you get to border) is not meant to be Picked even though instructions say to pick every square that has Sign(s).
Worst CAPTCHA I have ever seen was one you had to pick the narrow punched steel post the Sign(s) were mounted on.   (Another website, where CAPTCHAs would frequently repeat.)

Picking Letters and/or Numbers are not to bad, until moron behind CAPTCHAs starts mixing in easily confused symbols like o0O, along rotating symbols from -60 to 60 degree angles.  Throw in background colors similar to font colors, and multiple chicken scratch overlays; and person who made those choices can Go Fly a Kite, and not a Drone.
2018-6-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-11 15:46
CAPTCHA would not be so bad if it weren't for Gray areas which may or may not go against your choice.
For exampe: Edge of a Sign (before you get to border) is not meant to be Picked even though instructions say to pick every square that has Sign(s).
Worst CAPTCHA I have ever seen was one you had to pick the narrow punched steel post the Sign(s) were mounted on.   (Another website, where CAPTCHAs would frequently repeat.)

the reason for Captcha is to prevent spam bots and stuff like that.  and they are getting more and more sophisticated at recognizing things..

so captcha has to get more ridiculous, the problem is a occasionally it doesn't just stop at ridiculous and goes full retard instead... and goes from making some sense into making absolutely no sense and becoming impossible because whatever trained the system must be cross eyed or blind or something..

image recognition derps:  

signs are legit the worst, its 50/50 chance you need to include fringes and posts its attached to.

store fronts tend to be second worst in my experience, whoever trained it on store fronts isn't the brightest bulb availble, let's put it that way.   there is occasionally times where it just fails you even if you nailed it..

and anything large tend to be poorly identified too, such as bridges, traffic lights, macro shots consuming entire grid, etc etc.

AlphaNumeric i also hate.. because always rotating or filled with junk to the point where i can't tell if its O, 0 or Q for example..

the most effective bot traps tend to be contextual questions that require humans...  like "enter your age minus 1 year:" or "select the drones registered to your account" "verify your location" "enter your last name".  etc etc.   and based on what you put into profile already it will know the answer behind the scenes, very simple system.  also contextual questions based on information in your profile help limit/block hijacked accounts because usually they wont know the answer..
2018-6-11
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

"Picking Letters and/or Numbers are not to bad"

True but even then I've had to do it numerous times before I'm allowed to continue.  There has to be a better security method than what these companies use now.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I don't have it, too. But would like to confirm with the designated team. Will get back to you if I receive any feedback.
2018-6-15
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, you need to proof you are not robot when logon forum in PC. Funny IQ test. How can they verify the more smarter AI later?
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-6-15 00:51
Yes, you need to proof you are not robot when logon forum in PC. Funny IQ test. How can they verify the more smarter AI later?

Can't find article.  But I read where SPAM bots are passing some of CAPTCHA tests.

As for Spammers, when they encounter a CAPTCHA test that their SPAM bots can't sufficiently beat, they are paying humans (very poor ones) to beat CAPTCHA test so their SPAM bots can go on Spamming.

Solution is to go after Spammers, for some reason drone strikes come to mind...
2018-6-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I just wonder, sometimes, on my phone it needs 10-20 of these to log in.
It starts with street signs and moves to reloads of cars , shop fronts, busses.
And the reloads are so horrible slow.
Safety is nice to have. But needing 5 minutes to log in?
Come on DJI, you can do better!
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_XIUN3So3VIBS
New

Cyprus

Please can someone help me i have big problems with the Capchat code when I connect DJI camera to DJI mimo app.  I try 100 tome but I can't.  If someone know how to fix this problem please help me
2021-9-23
Use props
fans895f2845
New

United Kingdom

RC remote for mini 3 pro asks for login. When you put email and then password it asked for Captcha. Problem is it doesn’t show an image with the code on. What the hell do I do?
2023-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules