Testing the active track with Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
776 11 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

With the (2 that I know of) Threads about the Mavic Air attacking the subject I wanted to test my Air and see if there were any problems. It worked as I expected it to and just wanted to share it here. I am on the newest Firmware: v01.00.0400

2018-6-10
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Thank you for sharing. In my opinion, some drones work fine, some get defect with suddenly descend/dive down with active track.
2018-6-10
Use props
Gaijin
lvl.2

Japan

I would still be careful using it, you never know when it might malfunction and take a dive at you or your subject(s),
2018-6-10
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Works fine. Thanks for sharing!
2018-6-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good.
2018-6-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here - used it yesterday and AT worked flawlessly along with everything else (except POI disabling the function and C button on the RC).
2018-6-11
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Of course, it will work fine say 99.999% of the time. But imagine a car that works fine 99.999% of the time and then during the other 0.001% (3.6 seconds per every 100 hours), it tries to steer itself into a brick wall. Given the consequences, that level of reliability is totally unacceptable.
2018-6-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

asaw Posted at 2018-6-11 01:01
Of course, it will work fine say 99.999% of the time. But imagine a car that works fine 99.999% of the time and then during the other 0.001% (3.6 seconds per every 100 hours), it tries to steer itself into a brick wall. Given the consequences, that level of reliability is totally unacceptable.

100% of the time for me thus far in using it. I don't determine my own drone' failure rate based on what others experience with their drone. As soon as my MA starts to fly into my head I won't fly it again. Until then, it's 100% fine for me.
2018-6-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you very much for the test. Amazing, how smooth the movements are, far better than it used to be with my former Spark.
2018-6-11
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Mikem691  It's great that your MA is working properly.   Thanks for sharing your results!
2018-6-11
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

Even though mine worked as it should I would think this is one of those features that the prop guards would he helpful if it did attack.
2018-6-11
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

It looked like everything worked great during your active track flight.

I'd like a make a point to notice that your location was well manicured grass, and that it appeared you were walking at a casual pace.

The grass provided a great background for the sensors to distinguish you (target) from other areas of the picture, and your speed of movement was easy enough to follow.

During my Active Track Attack, we were on a river with a tough background of flowing water. And we also had a lot of other potential targets for the sensor in the frame.

I've used the active track several times over water and this was the only issue I'd had. And I should note that the malfunction occurred when I was still using FW .300 . I'd love to know why it happened or what could be done to prevent it. My main justification for forking over the money for the MA was the great active track features and I'd love to feel confident enough in it to use it again. I'm guessing certain locations and certain conditions may always be tough.

I just wish the default when it has trouble tracking or any problem that triggers it would be to hover in place and stop active track instead of attack the target.

2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules