GH5 + Sigma 18-35 + Metabones
7468 9 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tiago_Brugnara
lvl.1

Hello Guys,

I have a GH5 + Metabones + Sgima 18-35mm Combo.
I'm searching on internet if RONIN-S is compatilble with this combo.

Some one can help me?
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, please refer to the compatible list of the cameras and lens of Ronin-S here: https://docs.djicdn.com/Products ... v+30.05.2018+EN.pdf
2018-6-10
Use props
Tiago_Brugnara
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-10 23:40
Thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, please refer to the compatible list of the cameras and lens of Ronin-S here: https://docs.djicdn.com/Products+info/Ronin-S+Camera+Compatibility+List+rev+30.05.2018+EN.pdf

Thanks for your answer.

but in this list, there's only Panasonic Lens.

I want to know about the adapter, Metabones, and the Sigma Lens.

1) is it possible do calibrate?
2) does the focus control work with this setup?

thank you!
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We've done it with a GH5, metabones, and Canon EF lenses and control works. We'll update the list as we get our hands on more lens combinations to test. In theory, the Sigma should work as well.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tiago_Brugnara Posted at 2018-6-11 06:28
Thanks for your answer.

but in this list, there's only Panasonic Lens.

Tiago, the post in 3# is from our R&D engineers, please refer to it, thanks for your attention.
2018-6-11
Use props
Tiago_Brugnara
lvl.1

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-6-11 21:45
We've done it with a GH5, metabones, and Canon EF lenses and control works. We'll update the list as we get our hands on more lens combinations to test. In theory, the Sigma should work as well.

Thanks.

2018-6-12
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a user on the GH5 Facebook group who has posted a video of it working, but it seems to take many turns to move the focus, as it moves in such small increments. It looks like some sensitivity adjustment is needed. He was using a metabones XL/Sigma 18-35/GH5.

If that is how it is supposed to be, its ok for setting focus before a shot, but not for doing anything more than tiny adjustments whilst filming, you certainly couldn’t pull,focus from one end of the spectrum to the other quickly. Hopefully there’s a reason behind that and it will work properly (I’m waiting on my pre-order, but a bit concerned at the moment that the focus system will be a bit useless with this combination)
2018-6-12
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update on the above, the same user has discovered that with the focus switch on the 18-35 set to AF, it moves focus properly. In MF, it’ll move focus slowly (and more precisely). So, in a nutshell, the GH5/Metabones/Sigma 18-35 combination works well with the Ronin-S it seems.
2018-6-12
Use props
Tiago_Brugnara
lvl.1

Brazil

Jimmyb Posted at 2018-6-12 23:04
Update on the above, the same user has discovered that with the focus switch on the 18-35 set to AF, it moves focus properly. In MF, it’ll move focus slowly (and more precisely). So, in a nutshell, the GH5/Metabones/Sigma 18-35 combination works well with the Ronin-S it seems.

thank you very much !

That's what a want to read !
2018-6-14
Use props
Filip Gajdoscaron
New

Germany

and what about Ronin SC?
I have the same set up but I would like to use SC model
thanks
f
2020-1-26