F.W. V01.04.0300 on Mavic Pro causes Live view Pixelation
696 3 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Netherlands

While running fimware V01.04.0200 on Mavic Pro, never had problems with GO-4's Live view.

After upgrading to firmware V01.04.0300, started having Pixelation and/or scrambling problems with GO-4's Live view.  With those problems happening as close as 30-feet in front.
After reverting back to firmware V01.04.0200 on Mavic Pro, leaving R.C. at V01.04.0300; the Pixelation and/or scrambling problems disappeared.

During yet another failed round (hours wasted) trying to get DJI's Assistant-2 to access FlightLog data or download Blackbox data, Mavic Pro was re-upgraded to firmware V01.04.0300, along with DJI's CrystalSky firmware and GO-4 App.
Result on first flight afterwards was Pixelation and/or scrambling problems with GO-4's Live view.  Problem was back, ruining yet another for fun / relaxation flight.

No doub this is another case of Pilot Error - failing to have a thorough Pre-Flight check list.  
Should have brought another drone, and one that was not a Mavic!

After re-reverting back to firmware V01.04.0200 on Mavic Pro, and this time R.C.; once again Piexelation and/or scrambing problems disappeared.
Nice clean Live view, up close (20 to 60 feet away), directly above all way up to 385-feet, and out to point of nearly losing sight of Mavic Pro, and back to base.

After reading what others have posted about their Mavics, especially Mavic Air; it is my opinion that upgrading to latest firmware is a bigger safety risk than staying with firmware that has been flown with safely (no wandering off, no attacks, no loss of connection, no drone gone wild, no drifting left or right, no distraction with scrambling problem, etc).   

DJI forcing upgrades and/or not allowing Pilots to revert back to previous working firmware is a danger.  It really is up to drone Pilot to make call as to which is safer.

2018-6-10
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Totally agree with you on what firmware pilots would like to stay on or revert back to if  updates do not work as they are supposed to on pilots individual phones/tablets and the Go app also.
2018-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That is the reason why I remained on 0100 on my Pro, to many issues with the newest firmware
2018-6-10
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

i don't have any problem with V01.04.0300, only with dji  go app i had problems and i downgrade to 4.1.12, now all works fine
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules