Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
'Active Track' over sunlit choppy water
695 5 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Talisman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843658 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.facebook.com/CairngormGuides/videos/10156648271679883/

Some recent DJI Mavic Air video of kayaking in the Scottish loch complete with island castle. I had a problem with the active track when I tried to follow the kayaker for this video as the drone became very unstable and was darting about up and down and back and forth over the water. I had full gps but put it down to the sun reflecting off the loch's choppy surface and needless to say I took if off active track and flew manually to get this video! Anyone else experienced this when try to use active track over sunlit choppy water?

Cheers Ron

2018-6-11
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I would stay away from Active Track with the MA, somes users experienced a dive bombing of the drone almost hitting subject and even diving into water. Very erratic at this time, wait and see if DJI corrects it in the next FW update.
2018-6-11
Use props
Talisman
lvl.3
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-11 03:02
I would stay away from Active Track with the MA, somes users experienced a dive bombing of the drone almost hitting subject and even diving into water. Very erratic at this time, wait and see if DJI corrects it in the next FW update.

Yes, thought it was going to dive bomb the subject and hit cancel!!!!!
2018-6-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I used active track on my MA yesterday and didn't experience any issues in both trace and spotlight. Very strange.
2018-6-11
Use props
Talisman
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-11 03:36
I used active track on my MA yesterday and didn't experience any issues in both trace and spotlight. Very strange.

Was this over water?
2018-6-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, land. Try calibrating the VPS/OA using Assistant 2.
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules