12Next >
9651 61 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa46d3a44
New
Sweden

Hi all,

Is the DJI GS Pro app for flight planning compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0?

I know that the SDK for third party apps hasn't been released yet, so we cannot use Pix4D, DroneDepploy, etc for the moment. But what about GS Pro? Since it is from DJI, should it work? I actually tried but the drone doesn't connect to this app.

Is there any compatible app for automatic flight planning available at the moment for this latest version of the Phantom 4? Or the only Phantom 4 in the market right now that works with these apps is the first version of Phantom 4 Pro?

Cheers

2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

As of the moment, GS Pro is not supported with Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Please see the image below:

2018-6-11
Use props
Campen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49639 ft
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-11 07:36
As of the moment, GS Pro is not supported with Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Please see the image below:

[view_image]

Seriously!!??   DJI just released a product not compatible with their own apps!.  Which means we have pretty miuch just bought a manually only flyable drone?    That is just absolutely ridiculous!!
2018-6-11
Use props
Zostera
New
Sweden

Thanks Natalia, I had checked that same message in the website, just wanted to confirm it.

I feel the same way as Campen, we just bought a manually only flyable drone. Maybe would be nice to give this information clearly to everybody thinking about buying the V2. In my case, I really need to use automated flights in my work, and cannot just sit and wait until the SDK is released. So now I have to buy the first version of Phantom 4 Pro, finding myself with 2 drones.
2018-6-12
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

It would not have been so angry over this if I had not just driven 4 hours  to the site and 4 hours back again with no shoot.  Agree I should have read this in the finer details. But as we are very busy and in a rush that just didn't happen as it should.  I took it back to the dealer who was also surprised it didn't work with GS pro.  This in it self shows how poorly DJI have failed to even infirm not only their customers, but their dealers as well.

So basically I have a rig that is now going to sit doing nothing  until DJI get their act together.

Natalia when can we expect the update done so we use the GS pro with this rig?
2018-6-12
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

Campen Posted at 2018-6-11 23:59
Seriously!!??   DJI just released a product not compatible with their own apps!.  Which means we have pretty miuch just bought a manually only flyable drone?    That is just absolutely ridiculous!!

Actually, v2.0 flies very well with DJI Go app
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Campen Posted at 2018-6-12 04:34
It would not have been so angry over this if I had not just driven 4 hours  to the site and 4 hours back again with no shoot.  Agree I should have read this in the finer details. But as we are very busy and in a rush that just didn't happen as it should.  I took it back to the dealer who was also surprised it didn't work with GS pro.  This in it self shows how poorly DJI have failed to even infirm not only their customers, but their dealers as well.

So basically I have a rig that is now going to sit doing nothing  until DJI get their act together.

No worry, I already forwarded this to our Developer Team. You are recommended to keep close attention to the DJI official website, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.
2018-6-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inexcusable for DJI to release the P4 Pro V2 without a tested SDK. As others have noted, those of us expecting the ability to program autonomous flights were in for a rude surprise with the V2. I had to scramble to reassign a standard P4 for a research trip needing to use Pix4D Capture.

That not even DJI's own GS Pro supports the V2 is just more ridiculous icing on the cake (which is a lie).
2018-6-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seriously!!??   DJI just released a product not compatible with their own apps!.  Which means we have pretty miuch just bought a manually only flyable drone?    That is just absolutely ridiculous!!

One of the big selling points for the V2 was wireless DJI Goggles. Guess what not working. Waiting for a firmware release for 3 weeks now. Crystal Sky didn't work at first either. Throw in a new stand alone version of DJI Assistant that doesn't work either...As a Litchi flyer I'm waiting for the Litchi software to work....never buy DJI products early!!!
2018-6-12
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-6-12 12:14
One of the big selling points for the V2 was wireless DJI Goggles. Guess what not working. Waiting for a firmware release for 3 weeks now. Crystal Sky didn't work at first either. Throw in a new stand alone version of DJI Assistant that doesn't work either...As a Litchi flyer I'm waiting for the Litchi software to work....never buy DJI products early!!!

"never buy DJI products early!!!"

I totally agree. Reminds me of Microsoft Windows.
Never install a new windows version unless it has been on the market for a year and has gotten one major upgrade.

2018-6-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-6-12 12:14

Everything you said.

Goggle don't work either.
Need a special version of Assitant 2 that doesn't work, and can't be used for the goggles.
No 3rd party apps b/c no SDK.

2018-6-12
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-12 06:42
No worry, I already forwarded this to our Developer Team. You are recommended to keep close attention to the DJI official website, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.

Natalia, why doesnt the Assistant even work? Why did they bother to upload it  when it doesn't do anything?  We would appreciate some indication of a time frame when this will work and also when the GS Pro app will work. If it is going to be more than 2 weeks, I am taking it back for a refund.
2018-6-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-12 06:42

Natalia can you please tell us what page to watch?
Rather than the whole website...
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 2018-6-13 21:41
Natalia can you please tell us what page to watch?
Rather than the whole website...

You may check on this website:

https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#faq
2018-6-14
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-14 08:01
You may check on this website:

https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#faq

Thank you, what about the SDK for the P4 Pro V2.0? Where will that be announced?

Here? https://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-4-pro-v2
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 2018-6-14 08:53
Thank you, what about the SDK for the P4 Pro V2.0? Where will that be announced?

Here? https://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-4-pro-v2

No feedback yet with the SDK for Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Well let you know first if there is an update. Thank you.
2018-6-14
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-14 09:11
No feedback yet with the SDK for Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Well let you know first if there is an update. Thank you.

Natalia, this is just not fair at all.  I now have a DJI P4v2 that I cant use for what I need to use it for. It is just sitting doing nothing and it will be that way until it has a way point and mapping function.  It should have been made clearer on the spec sheet there is no SDK relseased for this model and DJI should have informed your dealers at least so they can advise their customers.  My dealer know what I use them for, he would have adsied me had he know it had no SDK .

I think you should at least right now go and ask them to give us a time frame when to expect the SDK is going to be released and when the GS Pro app is going to work with the model. I don't mind to wait 1 to 2 week, but if it is going to be much longer, I am taking this back to dealer .

So can you please advise , when should we expect the P4v2 is going to work with the GS Pro app and when is the SDK going to be released?  Please answer with an approximate time frame
2018-6-14
Use props
DJIFlying
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897618 ft
United States

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, longtime DJI Pilot. Just got my Phantom 4 pro v2 4 days ago.  I cant get it to connect to the DJI Assistant.  Are you guys having the same problem?  I've tried two different computers (Win7 and Win 10). Looks like the driver is not recognized.    Anyone else having this issue?
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I understand your anxiety, our engineers are still working these requests, please allow them some time, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-15
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

TommyGa Posted at 2018-6-14 17:13
Campen- just got this email from DJI Developers. Looks like it may be UP TO 6 MORE WEEKS before the SDK is released for the P4Pro v 2.0!

[view_image]

Thanks Tommy, in that case I may as well take it back. Its just an expensive paper weight right now. I would have thought seeing so may people are very unhappy with this, they would make it a No1 priority to get the SDK up and out there.  
2018-6-15
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 02:28
I understand your anxiety, our engineers are still working these requests, please allow them some time, thanks for your patience.

Hi Susan,
With respect this shouldn't be a request but a mandatory requirement prior to release.
2018-6-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Campen Posted at 2018-6-15 04:52
Thanks Tommy, in that case I may as well take it back. Its just an expensive paper weight right now. I would have thought seeing so may people are very unhappy with this, they would make it a No1 priority to get the SDK up and out there.

They haven't even got the goggles working with V2
2018-6-15
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-6-15 21:21
They haven't even got the goggles working with V2

omg!!  How can that be when the v2 is supposedly targeted for using the goggles?
2018-6-16
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

Mike_fnq Posted at 2018-6-15 20:49
Hi Susan,
With respect this shouldn't be a request but a mandatory requirement prior to release.

Exactly the point!    Releasing a product without all the expected functionality from even the lower version models is just irresponsible!. I would guess just about about everyone who has purchased the v2 is very unhappy right now!!

With that, why isn't DJI's development team putting in the overtime and effort to get this in order RIGHT NOW!?  

I hope DJI also takes responsibility to go and advised all their dealers to be very sure they make a point to notify their customers who are considering buying a P4Pv2 of the limited functions, eg GS Pro cant be sused and neither can the Assist or the goggles,  and that there is no SDK available for the P4P v2 at the moment. Otherwise DJI is just going to get a whole lot more very unhappy customers.
2018-6-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Campen Posted at 2018-6-16 19:14
Exactly the point!    Releasing a product without all the expected functionality from even the lower version models is just irresponsible!. I would guess just about about everyone who has purchased the v2 is very unhappy right now!!

With that, why isn't DJI's development team putting in the overtime and effort to get this in order RIGHT NOW!?  

Now they are announcing another new drone...
2018-6-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And we just suck it up.
2018-6-19
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe the huge DJI announcement in July will be nothing more than the release of the SDK!
2018-6-19
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
India

DJIFlying Posted at 2018-6-14 19:31
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, longtime DJI Pilot. Just got my Phantom 4 pro v2 4 days ago.  I cant get it to connect to the DJI Assistant.  Are you guys having the same problem?  I've tried two different computers (Win7 and Win 10). Looks like the driver is not recognized.    Anyone else having this issue?

You need to download the assistant 2 v 2.0.  Please use the link below to download it;

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads
2018-6-19
Use props
gary15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4055 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 02:28

Jumping in here with my 2 cents.  HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT with DJI on this.   READY, FIRE, AIM.....and all the other quotes on bad leadership and management to release a crippled product.   It's one thing to have a delay on the SDK for 3rd party developers, but to not even have their own software product (GS Pro) working is laughable. And of course, no one is laughing here....
2018-6-20
Use props
fansc0670e25
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8432 ft
Italy

I'm in your same situation, it's absurd !!!
2018-6-21
Use props
djiuser_yyLGq2gMN4uK
New

Spain

Hello,

I have been saving for 1 year to buy the P4, I need it for a photogrammetry flight scheduled for 27/06.

As we all know, we have bought a drone that does not have its functionality, we have bought, paid and sent us an unfinished product, WITHOUT ANNOUNCING IT BEFORE.

I feel totally scammed, and DJI does not give me any kind of solution, beyond that I WAIT. What kind of work is this?

For my part I am going to take legal action, in my country this is not legal.
2018-6-21
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

djiuser_yyLGq2gMN4uK Posted at 2018-6-21 22:20
Hello,

I have been saving for 1 year to buy the P4, I need it for a photogrammetry flight scheduled for 27/06.

You would have no problems using the P4 your have been saving for, this is solely about the P4P v2.0.
If you did buy the P4P v2.0 it seem that you luckily have not registered it yet so i guess you would have no trouble returning it for a full refund.
For those who really find they can't use their purchase without the SDK released it would be a better approach returning it than sit waiting for the SDK to be released while the warranty counts down.
2018-6-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-22 10:31
You would have no problems using the P4 your have been saving for, this is solely about the P4P v2.0.
If you did buy the P4P v2.0 it seem that you luckily have not registered it yet so i guess you would have no trouble returning it for a full refund.
For those who really find they can't use their purchase without the SDK released it would be a better approach returning it than sit waiting for the SDK to be released while the warranty counts down.

That's not a solution for those of us that registered and flew our V2.0's before finding out the issue.

But you are right that we should all receive warranty extensions that start the day the SDK is released...
2018-6-22
Use props
fansdd7d274f
New
Argentina

This is ridiculous!!! I bought a P4P Pro V2.0 at the DJI Customer Experience Store in NYC a week ago and they told me that it would work with GS Pro. I asked for a drone that could do automated flights for my work. I'm too far from there now to go and return the unit.
2018-6-23
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-6-22 12:49
What has happened is an exodus from the Palo Alto office charged with doing th SDK work. Rob Schlub left DJI SDK Dept and he was replaced with Darren Liccardo. Darren also saw how poorly DJI treats customers so he left and now there is basically a young kid, Arnaud Thiercelin in charge of this stuff. He doesn’t know what he is doing and they aren’t even anywhere close to supporting an SDK for the P4Pro v2.0.
If anything, they are completely concentrating on the Mavic Pro II launch on July 18 and basically ignoring those who they suckered into buying the P4Pro v 2.0.

Thanks for the update TommyGa- I wasn't aware of the turnover issue (although it is no excuse). I have reached out to Mr. Thiercelin professionally but have gotten no response.

DJI Dev support continues to gaslight. This is totally unacceptable.
2018-7-2
Use props
Uschi’s Phantom
lvl.2
United States

As an update the DJI SDK was released for the P4P V2.0 so I expect DJI GS Pro as well as 3rd party apps will support the P4P V2.0 within the next month.  Although I'm certainly not associated with DJI and therefore can't speak to their plans.  I did receive an answer to my question of "When will the P4P V2.0 be supported now that the DJI SDK supports it?" from Litchi and they said a beta will be available within the next two weeks with a released sometime in the next month.
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_IOvkQ6Na5N07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9954 ft
United States

Thanks, guys. That just kept me from buying one.
2018-7-2
Use props
Uschi’s Phantom
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_IOvkQ6Na5N07 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:13
Thanks, guys. That just kept me from buying one.

If you need DJI GS Pro or 3rd party app support right now that makes sense. But now that the SDK has been updated to support the P4P V2.0 I expect you’ll see support in most of the apps very shortly.
2018-7-2
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yup. I received the email below. It's about time. Now we wait for the 3rd party devs to do make their apps work with the new SDK.

Dear Developer,

We are excited to announce the release of the DJI Mobile SDK 4.6 and UX SDK 4.6. You can find them on our developer site at https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/downloads/.

This version of the SDK introduces support for the DJI Phantom 4 V2.0, Zenmuse XT2 thermal camera, Payload SDK, and missions for Spark (Follow Me, Hotpoint, and Waypoint). SDK 4.6 is revised for the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). The privacy policy is also updated according to the GDPR. Please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes.

The UX SDK 4.6 includes bug fixes and a color waveform widget for iOS. Please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes.

As always, the DJI Dev Team is committed to improving your developer experience. Please report any bugs or questions you have to dev@dji.com. We recommend frequently checking the DJI SDK downloads page to ensure that you are always working with the latest version of the DJI SDK.

Best regards,
The DJI Developer Technologies Team
2018-7-3
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

patiam Posted at 2018-7-3 08:03
Yup. I received the email below. It's about time. Now we wait for the 3rd party devs to do make their apps work with the new SDK.

"the SDK introduces support for the DJI Phantom 4 V2.0,..."
Taking that literally, there still is no hope for the P4P V2.0 owners, but more likely indicate a P4 V2.0 will see the light on the 18th. ..
2018-7-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules