Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and DJI GS Pro
9658 61 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Campen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49639 ft

WOULD BE HELPFUL IF SOMEONE FROM DJI WOULD GIVE SOME UPDATES ON WHERE THIS IS GOING TO BE READY!!!!!
2018-7-8
Use props
Campen
lvl.2
Malaysia

I did the latest updates using the DJI Assist and then tried a flight yesterday to try using the GS Pro, and it sitll didnt work! How is it they released the SDK and yet the GS Pro wont work with the v2?  
2018-7-9
Use props
Campen
lvl.2

patiam Posted at 2018-7-3 08:03
Yup. I received the email below. It's about time. Now we wait for the 3rd party devs to do make their apps work with the new SDK.

Regarding  " As always, the DJI Dev Team is committed to improving your developer experience. Wish thy were just as committed to the people who paid a lot of money to buy the P4v2 that is so far still for our use is still only a manually flyable drone!!
2018-7-21
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 02:28
I understand your anxiety, our engineers are still working these requests, please allow them some time, thanks for your patience.

Susan, is there an update on the status of DJI GS Pro support for P4PV2?  I, and others have spent a lot of $$ with DJI and we have important work to do.  Did I also purchase an expensive paper weight?
2018-7-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dramsey Posted at 2018-7-28 16:21
Susan, is there an update on the status of DJI GS Pro support for P4PV2?  I, and others have spent a lot of $$ with DJI and we have important work to do.  Did I also purchase an expensive paper weight?

Stop worrying about GS pro.
According to their website, DroneDeploy now supports the P4pro V2 and is a more fully featured mapping program anyway.
2018-7-28
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

So, where are we at with GSP and P4PV2? I literally have a V2 on its way and was expecting to use it with GSP. Have only just read this thread now and am now feeling slight regret about the purchase...
2018-7-28
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE DEPLOY WORKS WITH THE P4PV2!  As Labroides stated, they have updated their app, and it works.  ODD THING about the update, when you look at the app in the app store (Apple), you have an OPEN button, which makes it look like there's no update.  But if you click on the app title to get more information, there is an UPDATE button that will give you support for the V2.
2018-7-29
Use props
tkcon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427776 ft
Japan

The long wished-for day has come
2018-7-29
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894 ft

I just upgraded my DJI GS Pro to the version that supports the P4Pv2.  My next problem is how do I connect my iPad to my controller which already has the built-in screen?  I've tried to download GS Pro to my built-in android screen, but it seems that it does not have the functionality to download additional apps.
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_rwujBJmuuMi4
lvl.4
Brazil

dramsey Posted at 2018-7-30 11:55
I just upgraded my DJI GS Pro to the version that supports the P4Pv2.  My next problem is how do I connect my iPad to my controller which already has the built-in screen?  I've tried to download GS Pro to my built-in android screen, but it seems that it does not have the functionality to download additional apps.

You cannot, the + version doesn't support it nor GS Pro.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dramsey Posted at 2018-7-28 16:21

Hi dramsey, iPad GS Pro V1.8.4 has been released and it is compatible with P4P V2.0, please update to this version. Also, this V1.8.4 is for iPad only, we're sorry that it is not available on the built-in screen for now.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iamsavi Posted at 2018-7-28 19:25
So, where are we at with GSP and P4PV2? I literally have a V2 on its way and was expecting to use it with GSP. Have only just read this thread now and am now feeling slight regret about the purchase...

Hi there, the latest iPad GS Pro V1.8.4 is compatible with P4P V2.0, please update to this version and see whether it works.
2018-7-30
Use props
Campen
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 23:26
Hi there, the latest iPad GS Pro V1.8.4 is compatible with P4P V2.0, please update to this version and see whether it works.

Susan how about the one month warranty we have now lost sicne we bought the P4P V2.0 and weren't able to use it? Id like to request a 1 month extension at least from DJI.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Campen Posted at 2018-7-31 15:14
Susan how about the one month warranty we have now lost sicne we bought the P4P V2.0 and weren't able to use it? Id like to request a 1 month extension at least from DJI.

Campen, I understand your situation, but the warranty is not related to the availability of GS Pro. Hope for your understanding.
2018-8-3
Use props
RobMD
lvl.1

Where are we at with this now?  We are heavy users of Litchi and pix4d, drone deploy, etc.  Our P4Pv2 is a very expensive paperweight right now.  
2018-8-5
Use props
rzphotoman
lvl.2

Campen Posted at 2018-6-15 04:52
Thanks Tommy, in that case I may as well take it back. Its just an expensive paper weight right now. I would have thought seeing so may people are very unhappy with this, they would make it a No1 priority to get the SDK up and out there.

Well, it's been more than 16 weeks with no SDK.  When is the next release date???
2018-10-22
Use props
Phi11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29590 ft
United States

Any updates? I have the + system remote.  Any hope for support? Thanks
2018-11-3
Use props
fansfcbd4d34
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 23:24
Hi dramsey, iPad GS Pro V1.8.4 has been released and it is compatible with P4P V2.0, please update to this version. Also, this V1.8.4 is for iPad only, we're sorry that it is not available on the built-in screen for now.

Hi Susan , I’m in the same boat I have the phantom 4 pro + with the built-in screen.  This is so frustrating.  At first it was very nice having the built-in screen and not having to hook one up,  I could get up and running quicker,  but now I want to throw it away.  I tried loading litchi  I did on the controller but it doesn’t connect to the drone I’ve wasted too much time on this .  And I thought groundstation pro will do what I want and it’s DJI it should work,  and you know the answer to that. This makes me  think the next drone should be uneec 520 Instead of the phantom RTK. Anyway DJI’s decisions with his drone is making me feel this way, not happy
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfcbd4d34 Posted at 1-7 22:55
Hi Susan , I’m in the same boat I have the phantom 4 pro + with the built-in screen.  This is so frustrating.  At first it was very nice having the built-in screen and not having to hook one up,  I could get up and running quicker,  but now I want to throw it away.  I tried loading litchi  I did on the controller but it doesn’t connect to the drone I’ve wasted too much time on this .  And I thought groundstation pro will do what I want and it’s DJI it should work,  and you know the answer to that. This makes me  think the next drone should be uneec 520 Instead of the phantom RTK. Anyway DJI’s decisions with his drone is making me feel this way, not happy

Sir, I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the GS Pro only available for iOS device. For the third-party apps, I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured, you may restore the controller to the original factory settings to see whether it works.
2019-1-9
Use props
fansfcbd4d34
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 00:58
Sir, I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the GS Pro only available for iOS device. For the third-party apps, I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured, you may restore the controller to the original factory settings to see whether it works.

Ok I will try

2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your understanding. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-7-14
Use props
Danimal0017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2045164 ft
United States

Can someone please confirm or deny That the newest update for P4P 2.0 will not be usable on GSP due to the RID enhancement?
2023-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules