DJI Go does not recognize Spark while SIM is in Phone
16116 10 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DoseMitAussicht
Second Officer
Germany

Hi,

I just bought a DJI Spark Fly More Combo and am trying to get it to work for the last hour or so.

I already know that scanning the QR-Code of the remot does not work ( tried it abour a hundred times), so I connected my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, LineageOS 15.1, Android 7.1.2) Wi-Fi directly to my remote's Wi-Fi. This works but I see the warning, that there is no internet connection for this Wi-Fi connection.

Now I start DJI Go (latest version from Play Store) and I cannot get it to recognize my Spark. After shuting down my phone and removing the SIM card, it is instantly recognized. Inserting the SIM card again, DJI Go cannot find my Spark.

It is my understanding that I have an Internet connection to fly it and therefore removing the SIM is not an optionion.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you,
   Dose mit Aussicht

2018-6-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

there is a phone setting that allows the phone to use carrier (SIM) internet when WiFi internet is not available. that's why it disconnect from the RC WiFi.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize if you're having issues with your application. Have you tried to reinstall the app? Make sure that it is DJI Go 4 app. If this won't work, is there any way that you can use a different mobile device? So that we will be able to know if it's the mobile device that has a problem or the RC itself.
2018-6-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

At times i have similar experience. but when in flight mode, everything goes smoothly. Therefore fly the SPARK with internet disabled
2018-6-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Did your phone tell you
"no internet"
And offered you
"stay anyway on this wifi connection"?
"forget" the RC wifi, reconnect and click "yes", this time

Samsung has somewhere in the wifi settings, like a lot other brands too, a option:
"Switch to mobil data if wifi goes bad." (something like that, "autoswitch wifi/mobil data", ....)

Which is usually useful
;-)
2018-6-11
Use props
DoseMitAussicht
Second Officer
Germany

Thank you all for your answers. Unfortunately I couldn't find a setting to stay connected to Wi-Fi even if there is no internet and my phone does not ask me that question.

However, disabling mobile data fixes this problem form. Then I'm able to connect to my Spark
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DoseMitAussicht Posted at 2018-6-11 10:30
Thank you all for your answers. Unfortunately I couldn't find a setting to stay connected to Wi-Fi even if there is no internet and my phone does not ask me that question.

However, disabling mobile data fixes this problem form. Then I'm able to connect to my Spark

If you're currently connected to RC's wifi, ensure that the data connection on your mobile device is off, then make sure that the aircraft and remote controller are updated when in terms of firmware afterward launch your DJI GO 4 app and check if the issue will still persist.
2018-6-11
Use props
DoseMitAussicht
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-11 11:09
If you're currently connected to RC's wifi, ensure that the data connection on your mobile device is off, then make sure that the aircraft and remote controller are updated when in terms of firmware afterward launch your DJI GO 4 app and check if the issue will still persist.

When I connect to my Spark, the DJI Go App reports, that the spark is uptodate. Is that what you mean?
Still I have this problem. But I think that it is on my phones side.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DoseMitAussicht Posted at 2018-6-11 18:47
When I connect to my Spark, the DJI Go App reports, that the spark is uptodate. Is that what you mean?
Still I have this problem. But I think that it is on my phones side.

Do you mean you still have a hard time connecting your phone to your RC via Wi-Fi?
2018-6-12
Use props
DoseMitAussicht
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-12 10:47
Do you mean you still have a hard time connecting your phone to your RC via Wi-Fi?

Yes, I cannot connect my RC with my phone unless is switch off mobile data.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DoseMitAussicht Posted at 2018-6-12 10:49
Yes, I cannot connect my RC with my phone unless is switch off mobile data.

You have to turn off your data connection whenever you will be needing to use the wifi connection between your remote and phone.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules