Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonezee50
New

United States

just go the vision 2 and loving it- had a few crashes- nothing major

now- when I start it- both levers pushed diag down and to the left and right

then- start to lift off - from propellers idling

IT JUST TOOK OFF and kept going up and up - I could barely see it-not even touch ing the remote and it didn't appear to be sticking- good action on it

I shut it down and let it crash - wayyyyyyyyy  out of sight- I ran and ran

then I saw it laying 3' from a Hugh pond-

I thanked GOD 3 times-  I was just sooooo happy to find it

- I put back down and fired it up- and it started to do the same thing again- this time I shut it down from 15-17 ft

what the heck is causing this? remote appear fine and was never dropped

help please= I wanna play but I'm terrified now
2014-11-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

A question and a suggestion: how did you shut it down to allow it to crash land?

and have you calibrated your controller recently It sounds like it has not been calibrated and it thinks zero is at the return home height.
2014-11-1
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

are you in mode 1? MODE 2 you need to be in
2014-11-1
Use props
jonezee50
New

United States

Gobokinetic Posted at 2014-11-2 09:33
are you in mode 1? MODE 2 you need to be in

sorry I don't know the difference between mode 1 and mode to nor do I know how to put the drone in these modes
2014-12-13
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

did you take it out before doing any calibration at all.???????

maybe go read the manual...

2014-12-13
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

jonezee50 Posted at 2014-12-14 07:16
sorry I don't know the difference between mode 1 and mode to nor do I know how to put the drone in ...

Hey I have to say this: You don't appear to have a grasp of the basics: You must read the manual and understand how the phantom works.  There are loads of helpers here but you must put some effort in and learn the fundamental settings of getting satellite lock, setting home point, setting control modes-phantom, NAZA, modes 1 and 2 etc. etc.  You will lose or destroy your phantom if you don't do this.  Sorry to be grumpy but you cannot fly without this knowledge, anymore than you could navigate across the ocean.. sure anyone can float a boat but--- I guess what I am saying is we can't teach you to fly via the forum.  enough said-   
2014-12-13
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Agree with Rod here. The Phantom is not a trial-and-error platform. OP, you just got a second chance; consider yourself lucky, because most newbies who don't know the basics tend to lose their bird while learning to fly from scratch.

Best read up before you fly again.
2014-12-13
Use props
wayne
New

United States

jonezee50,  What you need to do is tether it!!!  I did this when I was starting.  I got 100 feet of strong but light cord and tied one end to the Phantom and the other end to me.  If it starts to do something you can’t control, just pull it back in.  I practiced making circles and tested Return to home this way.  This would keep you from losing your Phantom until you get your confidence back that it will respond the way YOU want it to.
2014-12-13
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Good for you that you recovered your Phantom

Being a bit terrified may be a good thing... take it slowly and you'll regain the confidence.
First, you should determine the reason why the drone goes up. Start with a calibration of the remote and Phantom (using a computer). Also, make sure that your Phantom gets good GPS reception (minimum 6 satellites). When you start, make sure you're on a level, flat ground.
Your drone going up can have a few reasons: a rogue "return home" if you don't have good GPS reception, wrong transmitter / drone calibration or some interference...

I doubt there's a problem with the drone itself. You can take the propellers out and play with the transmitter and see if moving the throttle up and down gets the desired result (motors spinning faster and slower).
2014-12-13
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

wayne@mcbryde.c Posted at 2014-12-14 10:00
jonezee50,  What you need to do is tether it!!!  I did this when I was starting.  I got 100 feet of  ...

I think this is very dangerous. Any slack and the string is around your props- then it is ground bound at high speed for sure! Much better to get to grips with the operating and setup details. Then we can all help with the fine tuning for stuff that isn't in the manual-(and there is quite a bit missing!)
2014-12-13
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Put your phantom back in the box and put it in the garage. Then, spend a week learning the manual and watching YouTube tutorials. When you can ID what the different light patterns mean by memory and know what your pre flight checks should be without even thinking about them, you are ready to get it back out again. Make notes on your controller with a sharpie marker pointing out the controls in case you panic and forget. Then, go to a massive open field and fly at 10 feet above the ground moving slowly around and backwards and forwards testing what you have learned. Then do this again. And again. After 3 or 4 battery cycles you might be ready to fly your phantom for fun
2014-12-14
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-12-14 07:28
Hey I have to say this: You don't appear to have a grasp of the basics: You must read the manual a ...

Rod

He had already flown it prior to this 'event' - telling him off will not help.
2014-12-14
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

mh@blackcatinve Posted at 2014-12-14 18:05
Put your phantom back in the box and put it in the garage. Then, spend a week learning the manual an ...

Telling some one to spend a weak reading a 78 page manual and watch youtube videos is silly.  By all means do both but it won't take you week.  More like a day or even half. Then practice slow and gentle, print out the manual and refer to it as an when.
2014-12-14
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-14 19:12
Telling some one to spend a weak reading a 78 page manual and watch youtube videos is silly.  By a ...

Good point. I was just trying to get across how knowing the in and outs of everything before you switch it on would be a good idea - Maybe a week is a bit excessive though!
2014-12-14
Use props
jonezee50
New

United States

mh@blackcatinve Posted at 2014-12-14 18:05
Put your phantom back in the box and put it in the garage. Then, spend a week learning the manual an ...

I will follow this - but I never saw a manual anywhere- online or otherwise - its 70+ pages?- I don't care I will read it to to bottom if I had it
2014-12-14
Use props
jonezee50
New

United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-12-14 07:28
Hey I have to say this: You don't appear to have a grasp of the basics: You must read the manual a ...

I can hadle this- don't know wher to get the manual
2014-12-14
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

manual on that page
2014-12-14
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

jonezee50 Posted at 2014-12-15 04:30
I can hadle this- don't know wher to get the manual

Hi Jonezee, here is all you need to know about the phantom. This was put together by another member "Fantomas" and is brilliant! DJI SHOULD MAKE IT A STICKY!  I hope the link works, if not , search him out on this forum and link from his posting.  Hope this helps.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Rod
2014-12-14
Use props
guymacdonald
lvl.4

Australia

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-12-15 11:31
Hi Jonezee, here is all you need to know about the phantom. This was put together by another membe ...

Hello Rod

This link is not working. Please can you make it work so I can take a look at it.

Regards

Guy MacDonald
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules